PFF on Mo Wilk vs Jax...yikes

AFJF

I actually thought he was better than this....

DI MUHAMMAD WILKERSON, 36.4 OVERALL GRADE

Wilkerson has been toiling of late, and his effort was particularly questionable against the Jaguars. He appeared unwilling to battle double teams, regularly finding himself blown off the ball. As a pass-rusher he managed just the solitary hurry, taking his season total to 7 hurries, 0 hits and 0 sacks on the year.

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We paid for a Mclaren and got a Prius.

Totally off topic, and I am far from a "car guy", but I walked past a Mclaren at the airport in London a few weeks ago and ho.ly.sheet.  I was in awe of that thing.  I think their starting price is $200K and it looked like it was worth every penny.

37 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, this is why you wait to extend talent, because they might end up like this. You want to get the most "hungry" years out of a guy that you can

I'm shocked that you posted this and thought "this is a good post." It's up to the gm to know how an extension will affect the player he's signing. You also don't extend or sign a player thinking, "well I got 3 good years out of him better give him 17 million a year."

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

I actually thought he was better than this....

DI MUHAMMAD WILKERSON, 36.4 OVERALL GRADE

Wilkerson has been toiling of late, and his effort was particularly questionable against the Jaguars. He appeared unwilling to battle double teams, regularly finding himself blown off the ball. As a pass-rusher he managed just the solitary hurry, taking his season total to 7 hurries, 0 hits and 0 sacks on the year.

He is better than that . The Jets defense is playing better the last 2 weeks, and it's during those 2 weeks that Mo doesn't have the strength to push the pocket because of his shoulder and Williams hasn't been able to do that either because of his wrist .

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Totally off topic, and I am far from a "car guy", but I walked past a Mclaren at the airport in London a few weeks ago and ho.ly.sheet.  I was in awe of that thing.  I think their starting price is $200K and it looked like it was worth every penny.

You can live in your car, but you can't drive your house.  

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

$1.1 million for an average one

$100 k is the annual maintenance.  I'm not kidding. Its about $80k for new tires. You have to fly Mclaren techs out from england, rent a track, rent an ambulance and a driver to balance the new tires

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/4043371/the-unbelievable-running-costs-of-a-mclaren-f1-revealed-by-an-owner-forced-to-sell-his-supercar-only-for-values-to-rocket-by-10million/

there is a longer version of this is you are curious

1 minute ago, Larz said:

$200 k is the annual maintenance.  I'm not kidding. Its about $100k for new tires. You have to fly Mclaren techs out from england, rent a track, rent an ambulance and a driver to balance the new tires

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/4043371/the-unbelievable-running-costs-of-a-mclaren-f1-revealed-by-an-owner-forced-to-sell-his-supercar-only-for-values-to-rocket-by-10million/

Mo can pay for it with his severance cheque, when the Slough is cut.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

yeah either that or just give him a month off

its sad

I was a big time mo supporter until the missed meetings thing came out

really disappointing

I wanted Snacks, Mo at best is an average Pass rusher and run stuffing 3-4 end. You don't pay 3-4 ends $86 million. Unless they are called JJ Watt or Bruce Smith. Lack of talent I can understand. Not giving a sh*t I fooking hate.

If I was Bowles I bench him and throw him under the bus, in the media Parcells style.

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

$100 k is the annual maintenance.  I'm not kidding. Its about $80k for new tires. You have to fly Mclaren techs out from england, rent a track, rent an ambulance and a driver to balance the new tires

Only 100 or so F1 McLarens were ever built and I think they are north of 10 mil now. Doubt AFJF saw one of those at the airport only a few were ever made street legal.

However current production 570S - 720S are $200-300K.

I see them fairly regularly at cars and coffee meet ups around here. Amazing machines (but I would prefer a Ford GT40.)

I dont think Wilkerson would fit in any of them. He is probably a blinged out Escalade  aficionado.

17 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Only 100 or so F1 McLarens were ever built and I think they are north of 10 mil now. Doubt AFJF saw one of those at the airport only a few were ever made street legal.

However current production 570S - 720S are $200-300K.

I see them fairly regularly at cars and coffee meet ups around here. Amazing machines (but I would prefer a Ford GT40.)

I dont think Wilkerson would fit in any of them. He is probably a blinged out Escalade  aficionado.

If you're in the $1MM+ car zone, I'd go with the Bugatti, personally.  ironically, the $80k Tesla can beat them both off the line and hold the lead for a surprisingly long time.

37 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Leonard Williams seemed to be getting double teamed most of the game. I think if there is even an average replacement for Mo on the roster they should limit his playing time or bench/ir him

I agree, I think they should just start Kony Ealy in his spot or at least start giving Ealy more and more of Wilks playing time. He doesn't have any sacks either, but he's cleary been the more productive one out of the two.

40 minutes ago, Larz said:

yeah either that or just give him a month off

its sad

I was a big time mo supporter until the missed meetings thing came out

really disappointing

I wonder where Gato is he had him on the fast track to the HOF and a better career then Klecko??:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Larz said:

That is not true, they go for 200-250K here is Scottsdale. 

AS for Wik, he has not gotten any better and probably will b cut at the end of the year unless of course, he regains his 2015 form.  

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

BTW, this is why you wait to extend talent, because they might end up like this. You want to get the most "hungry" years out of a guy that you can

They did wait to extend him.  They literally waited until the last possible moment, after he broke his leg and they still gave him top dollar.  Smart.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

There is a dude on 17th Avenue with an orange one.  It's out there most days in front of the plumbing supply, next to the cafe. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

As they said, that is an F1.  A very rare early Mclaren.  IIRC they had three seats, but the driver's was front and center.  I actually met their design chief a few times in Milan.  He is an American, but I think he was born in Spain.  Designed the Mini and BMW X5, then he worked for Fiat for a bit.  Nice guy, has a killer Ducati and trolls their boards.  

37 minutes ago, K Clue said:

I agree, I think they should just start Kony Ealy in his spot or at least start giving Ealy more and more of Wilks playing time. He doesn't have any sacks either, but he's cleary been the more productive one out of the two.

No wonder you people are so down on Mo.  Kony Ealy is 275 lbs.  Mo is 315.  There is more difference between them than between Pace and Shaun Ellis. Ealy is an edge setting OLB type in this D, not taking Mo's place.  I keep hearing how Williams is double teamed all day, but the plays he made seemed to be when he was unblocked.    

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

I wonder where Gato is he had him on the fast track to the HOF and a better career then Klecko??:rolleyes:

Well the fast track thing is your add, but remember when Wilkerson being Muslim was worth a mention before getting swept under the rug? Probably you luck out gramps and some Mooslem boy doesn't intrude upon the memories of yesteryear when the Jets still sucked, but yeah he was getting there through age 26.

I'd give it that it's possible Wilkerson's body is toast after stringing together a half decade of outstanding seasons taking 80% of the D snaps on overworked Ds. He missed significant time to injury and probably rushed back to play for a terrible team, two things that can easily exacerbate any physical issues playing this sport. That would actually make sense, as opposed to this nonsense lazy narrative popping up on a guy who played at an elite level more snaps than any 300+ pound DL except Watt for most of the decade.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

No wonder you people are so down on Mo.  Kony Ealy is 275 lbs.  Mo is 315.  There is more difference between them than between Pace and Shaun Ellis. Ealy is an edge setting OLB type in this D, not taking Mo's place.  I keep hearing how Williams is double teamed all day, but the plays he made seemed to be when he was unblocked.    

I didn't know they were using him at outside linebacker. So, knowing that now makes sense on why they wouldn't make the switch. Also, I was a big Mo supporter, and excited when they resigned him, but his production has been poor. It is probably from the injuries and if it is they should should either bench him till he's better or put him on IR depending how serious it is.

Archived