Cam Newton to reporter: "It's funny to hear a female talk about routes."

Jetsfan80

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Every peer-reviewed scientific study done over the last half century has proven that comprehension of all things related to a receiver's routes are exclusive to the Y-chromosome. That's why there are no female WRs in the NFL. Cam knows this as well as he knows his Greek yogurt. 

Not any more, he lost the DANNON endorsement

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LWC611 said:

Not any more, he lost the DANNON endorsement

All this over the physicality of routes.

He can tell them / Oikos, "**** off I've got some fee-male executive from Yoplait here right now. She's right in front of me on one knee--- aaaaaaand now she's on both knees. From this angle I can physically see her roots. Know what I'm sayin'?"

Hiyoooo!

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

What he said was dumb but the question clearly showed she had zero clue ghat she was talking about and I share Cams skeptiude on some of the female reporters that don't seem to now the game.  Many do and are really good but a good number need to do a lot more work.  "Physicality of routes"

I totes agree. Leave sports to the men.

The broads can just stick with what they are good at. Like grammar.

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

was anyone else surprised at how hard they hit in this league?  1st time I came across it on TV I couldn't believe it

It's crazy, right?

And the best part is that they don't have to worry about CTE, because, as we all know, a broad's brain is about 30% smaller than a man's, so they are not affected as much by brain trauma. Besides, how could we even tell?

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

As funny as it sounds I think Cam thought it was a compliment. 

As a side note I'd like to see how many offended people are googling what a route in football is today. I'll bet it's 10 times yesterday. 

I've been watching football regularly for several years now, and am STILL just figuring out which route goes where.

I do have a lot of feminine emotions and stuff, so I guess that could be holding me back from having superior football knowledge.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

What she should have done was confront him at the presser and ask what is so unusual about a football reporter asking about routes.

I can see the headlines now: "Cute Reporter Broad Allowed Into Professional Football Press Conference; Immediately Makes It About Her Feelings".

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

With more women (ok, on the NFL network, its MILFS) talking football, your gonna have more of this happening. Guys will be guys, just human nature. Have you watched the guys trying to have serious conversations with Lindsey Rhodes on NFL total access while she's wearing a nice tight top with those beautiful tatas staring them in their face?

Its hilarious. 

Wow- 2 down arrows- You guys are serious about your football. I watch Total Access for Lindsey & a few Fantasy tips....if you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Anybody catch the season premier of Curb Your Enthusiasm?

If you havent and are an easily offended hand wringing pussyman I would suggest you avoid it as you may be one of approximately a dozen elements of our society (myself included) they purposely and hilariously offended.

Yes, because Cam Newton, a QB in the NFL, is equivalent to Larry David, a comedian. Actually, you may have a point there...

fraidycam.0.gif

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's why me being called a "feminist" or whatever a "neophyte" is is pretty bizarre here.  

LOL. Look up the meaning of the word before you make a horses azz of yourself. Google it to put it in your terms. Jesus H Christ.

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Slight difference between watching a comedy where they use sarcasm and insult everyone for entertainment purposes (and they are actually making fun of the people for acting that way) and a news conference where someone is condescending down to a 'professional'.

Not sure what you do for a living or where you do it, but if you walked around an office acting and speaking the way they do on that show, you might want to reconsider. If you don't and realize that something may be funny on TV but not appropriate in the real world, you should realize that Cam is an idiot.

Lol ya think?

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

There is a great interview with Bob Dylan and a Time Magazine person, with Dylan is basically saying that this writer really doesn't understand anything, and it's just superficial crap he writes, and he'll never "get" it.... that's what Cam meant, but in less words.

It may also be also the juxtaposition that Cam let throw him and maybe the word "funny" was used colloquially.

Many are used to and are accepting of the societal shifts but many are not. Some are bewildered and unaccepting in non-malicious ways. Some are downright ignorant and are never gonna get onboard.

At any rate this is the proverbial tempest in a teapot. 

So as a Charlotte resident Cam is a pretty good guy and this is a big fat nothing burger. He really was didn't do anything that offensive, my guess he was surprised by the question and he may have been giving her a compliment that really knew her football. The world has gotten too PC.  The probably need this to divert attention from the national anthem garbage.

5 minutes ago, sciond said:

So as a Charlotte resident Cam is a pretty good guy and this is a big fat nothing burger. He really was didn't do anything that offensive, my guess he was surprised by the question and he may have been giving her a compliment that really knew her football. The world has gotten too PC.  The probably need this to divert attention from the national anthem garbage.

A little offensive is better than big offensive?   He offended her and that is all it takes.  Ever take an EEO course?

1 minute ago, sciond said:

Of course, if he didn't mean anything, he could have come out and said so and that he was sorry if he had unintentionally offended anyone - and it would have been done...

Personally, I don't really care if he even thinks this way (as I don't think we should regulate what people feel), but once it was out and there was a reaction he could have said - hey, didn't mean anything by it, sorry. Or, 'i was trying to funny and clearly I wasn't, sorry'.

As for being PC; yeah, sometimes someone says something innocent and it is taken the wrong way. We were out with my friends and I mocked my wife by talking funny (she burnt her tongue and was talking weird) - one of my friends said, you making fun of deaf people - i said, no, was making fun of my wife.....

Clearly my intent wasn't too offend. My buddy didn't realize that THUG is now considered a derogatory word about certain minorities. It is easy to offend without choosing to, but it is almost as easy to get out of it.

Maybe the world is too PC, but it has moved on from casual comments about gender, etc. And he paid the price...

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

A little offensive is better than big offensive?   He offended her and that is all it takes.  Ever take an EEO course?

Thank you!! That's what I've been saying all along! Size doesn't matter. It's only about how she feels afterwards.

As ever, the biggest ******* snowflakes on the planet are the ones who can't wait to jump on ye olde internet and cry about other people being "offended" by sh*t that's socially unacceptable. It's code for, "I'm an a$$hole and that's my right as an American hey where are you guys going I'm trying to complain here." 

That said, sports journalism is principally worthless trash anyway. There are many capable female sportswriters, but 98% of sportswriting is trash. Personally, I do not enjoy women doing play by play, but only because play by play is mostly white noise and having it presented to you in a higher pitch makes it harder to straight-up ignore. 

31 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thank you!! That's what I've been saying all along! Size doesn't matter. It's only about how she feels afterwards.

SO were you jumping up and down and screaming at players kneeling?

Archived