Cam Newton to reporter: "It's funny to hear a female talk about routes."

Jetsfan80

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, prime21 said:

Wake up my man. Let the ignorant speak and people find a safe place or enlighten people on how to speak? I have young girls and I hope they wont have to be around too many people with your thought mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They are worse off with your mentality.  Who makes the decisions on wright or wrong? Hopefully not some out of their mind dudes in pussy hats. BTW were you jumping up and down while many of the players offended most most of the country?

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As ever, the biggest ******* snowflakes on the planet are the ones who can't wait to jump on ye olde internet and cry about other people being "offended" by sh*t that's socially unacceptable. It's code for, "I'm an a$$hole and that's my right as an American hey where are you guys going I'm trying to complain here." 

That said, sports journalism is principally worthless trash anyway. There are many capable female sportswriters, but 98% of sportswriting is trash. Personally, I do not enjoy women doing play by play, but only because play by play is mostly white noise and having it presented to you in a higher pitch makes it harder to straight-up ignore. 

So according to you offending someone based on race is awful, yet by gender it’s cool? What’s the difference? Both seem pretty awful to me.

They are worse off with your mentality.  Who makes the decisions on wright or wrong? Hopefully not some out of their mind dudes in pussy hats. BTW were you jumping up and down while many of the players offended most most of the country?

My kids are worse off with me and my mentality? May you rest in hell one day.

A person was offended and you take a stand of why she shouldn’t. Do you have any idea what she felt? How she came to her position. Was she always ridiculed for choosing this profession? What has the emotional part of her journey been like trying to get to where she is at in a male dominated position? You cannot feel what she felt therefore no one can say what her reaction should be. Take an EEO course so that you can learn about important values and how to carry yourself. Cam is looked up to by so many young kids. As someone said earlier, if he quickly apologized because perhaps it didn’t come out like he wanted to or he thought it was in a joking matter at least some light bulb went off and said “yeah that didn’t sound right”. But he hasn’t and according to her said worse things in private. He’s a knucklehead. Not the first or the last.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

A person was offended and you take a stand of why she shouldn’t. Do you have any idea what she felt? How she came to her position. Was she always ridiculed for choosing this profession? What has the emotional part of her journey been like trying to get to where she is at in a male dominated position? You cannot feel what she felt therefore no one can say what her reaction should be. Take an EEO course so that you can learn about important values and how to carry yourself. Cam is looked up to by so many young kids. As someone said earlier, if he quickly apologized because perhaps it didn’t come out like he wanted to or he thought it was in a joking matter at least some light bulb went off and said “yeah that didn’t sound right”. But he hasn’t and according to her said worse things in private. He’s a knucklehead. Not the first or the last.

Do your cookie breathing.

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

lol

tumblr_mn9m0rQqlu1rrucamo1_500.gif

26 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Not sure about you but I reserve the right to screw all 5 of my kids at least a little bit. Mostly to offset the price of their education.

The complacency about a sexist comment is more damning than anything else about this.

The sentiment that "Well its just one comment, its no big deal" is just a means of deflecting an entire issue. In other words "well, I don't want to have to confront a systematic problem so I'll focus on it as an isolated issue to mitigate my time doing that because that's most convenient to me".

Its just freaking lazy and irresponsible and makes the problem worse. Like a person who dumps trash into a river without a care because its just "one time, it wont matter". and then somebody does it and thinks that way. And another, and another. And then the river's f#cking polluted.

Treating Newton's statement like its no big deal is essentially a method of agreeing with its basic sentiment. (whether that was the intention or not)

Newton's condescending nonsense is bulls#it. We call out things that are bulls#it all the time on this forum. This should be one of them.

4 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Imagine if a minority reporter asked a white QB about a pass play and the white QB laughed and said it’s funny to hear a minority’s reporter asking about a pass play....

How different is that? Just asking.

First off a "pass play" is not very technical. Maybe blocking techniques would be more applicable. 

second of all she was a minority.

Thirdly, if this minority was a Buddhist Monk it might be a little funny. 

7 hours ago, HessStation said:

qr43cf.gif

She doesn't sell this route at all. Didn't drive her plant foot and totally rounded off the break. Then she's looking back for the ball with her hands out the whole time.

I don't like that technique on the tackle either. Never squared or wrapped up. These girls always show boating looking for the highlight reel hit. 

5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Imagine if a minority reporter asked a white QB about a pass play and the white QB laughed and said it’s funny to hear a minority’s reporter asking about a pass play....

How different is that? Just asking.

Which minority you are referring too? So many to choose from and why are you so reluctant to state your premise more clearly?

Archived