Jump to content

Cam Newton to reporter: "It's funny to hear a female talk about routes."


Recommended Posts

 This is why people need safe spaces
SMH

Wake up my man. Let the ignorant speak and people find a safe place or enlighten people on how to speak? I have young girls and I hope they wont have to be around too many people with your thought mentality.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I happen to be an authority on bra comfort having worn one since fourth grade.

As ever, the biggest ******* snowflakes on the planet are the ones who can't wait to jump on ye olde internet and cry about other people being "offended" by sh*t that's socially unacceptable. It's cod

Just now, prime21 said:


Wake up my man. Let the ignorant speak and people find a safe place or enlighten people on how to speak? I have young girls and I hope they wont have to be around too many people with your thought mentality.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

They are worse off with your mentality.  Who makes the decisions on wright or wrong? Hopefully not some out of their mind dudes in pussy hats. BTW were you jumping up and down while many of the players offended most most of the country?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As ever, the biggest ******* snowflakes on the planet are the ones who can't wait to jump on ye olde internet and cry about other people being "offended" by sh*t that's socially unacceptable. It's code for, "I'm an a$$hole and that's my right as an American hey where are you guys going I'm trying to complain here." 

 

That said, sports journalism is principally worthless trash anyway. There are many capable female sportswriters, but 98% of sportswriting is trash. Personally, I do not enjoy women doing play by play, but only because play by play is mostly white noise and having it presented to you in a higher pitch makes it harder to straight-up ignore. 

So according to you offending someone based on race is awful, yet by gender it’s cool? What’s the difference? Both seem pretty awful to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
They are worse off with your mentality.  Who makes the decisions on wright or wrong? Hopefully not some out of their mind dudes in pussy hats. BTW were you jumping up and down while many of the players offended most most of the country?


My kids are worse off with me and my mentality? May you rest in hell one day.

A person was offended and you take a stand of why she shouldn’t. Do you have any idea what she felt? How she came to her position. Was she always ridiculed for choosing this profession? What has the emotional part of her journey been like trying to get to where she is at in a male dominated position? You cannot feel what she felt therefore no one can say what her reaction should be. Take an EEO course so that you can learn about important values and how to carry yourself. Cam is looked up to by so many young kids. As someone said earlier, if he quickly apologized because perhaps it didn’t come out like he wanted to or he thought it was in a joking matter at least some light bulb went off and said “yeah that didn’t sound right”. But he hasn’t and according to her said worse things in private. He’s a knucklehead. Not the first or the last.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sciond said:

SO were you jumping up and down and screaming at players kneeling?

I could tell you, but I'm more curious to hear your opinions on the matter.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, prime21 said:

 


My kids are worse off with me and my mentality? May you rest in hell one day.

A person was offended and you take a stand of why she shouldn’t. Do you have any idea what she felt? How she came to her position. Was she always ridiculed for choosing this profession? What has the emotional part of her journey been like trying to get to where she is at in a male dominated position? You cannot feel what she felt therefore no one can say what her reaction should be. Take an EEO course so that you can learn about important values and how to carry yourself. Cam is looked up to by so many young kids. As someone said earlier, if he quickly apologized because perhaps it didn’t come out like he wanted to or he thought it was in a joking matter at least some light bulb went off and said “yeah that didn’t sound right”. But he hasn’t and according to her said worse things in private. He’s a knucklehead. Not the first or the last.

Do your cookie breathing.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

 


My kids are worse off with me and my mentality? May you rest in hell one day.

A person was offended and you take a stand of why she shouldn’t. Do you have any idea what she felt? How she came to her position. Was she always ridiculed for choosing this profession? What has the emotional part of her journey been like trying to get to where she is at in a male dominated position? You cannot feel what she felt therefore no one can say what her reaction should be. Take an EEO course so that you can learn about important values and how to carry yourself. Cam is looked up to by so many young kids. As someone said earlier, if he quickly apologized because perhaps it didn’t come out like he wanted to or he thought it was in a joking matter at least some light bulb went off and said “yeah that didn’t sound right”. But he hasn’t and according to her said worse things in private. He’s a knucklehead. Not the first or the last.

 

lol

tumblr_mn9m0rQqlu1rrucamo1_500.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, prime21 said:

 


My kids are worse off with me and my mentality? May you rest in hell one day.

A person was offended and you take a stand of why she shouldn’t. Do you have any idea what she felt? How she came to her position. Was she always ridiculed for choosing this profession? What has the emotional part of her journey been like trying to get to where she is at in a male dominated position? You cannot feel what she felt therefore no one can say what her reaction should be. Take an EEO course so that you can learn about important values and how to carry yourself. Cam is looked up to by so many young kids. As someone said earlier, if he quickly apologized because perhaps it didn’t come out like he wanted to or he thought it was in a joking matter at least some light bulb went off and said “yeah that didn’t sound right”. But he hasn’t and according to her said worse things in private. He’s a knucklehead. Not the first or the last.

Not sure about you but I reserve the right to screw all 5 of my kids at least a little bit. Mostly to offset the price of their education.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The complacency about a sexist comment is more damning than anything else about this.

The sentiment that "Well its just one comment, its no big deal" is just a means of deflecting an entire issue. In other words "well, I don't want to have to confront a systematic problem so I'll focus on it as an isolated issue to mitigate my time doing that because that's most convenient to me".

Its just freaking lazy and irresponsible and makes the problem worse. Like a person who dumps trash into a river without a care because its just "one time, it wont matter". and then somebody does it and thinks that way. And another, and another. And then the river's f#cking polluted.

Treating Newton's statement like its no big deal is essentially a method of agreeing with its basic sentiment. (whether that was the intention or not)

Newton's condescending nonsense is bulls#it. We call out things that are bulls#it all the time on this forum. This should be one of them.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

So according to you offending someone based on race is awful, yet by gender it’s cool? What’s the difference? Both seem pretty awful to me.

Yeah prolly because you can always changed your gender. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Imagine if a minority reporter asked a white QB about a pass play and the white QB laughed and said it’s funny to hear a minority’s reporter asking about a pass play....

How different is that? Just asking.

First off a "pass play" is not very technical. Maybe blocking techniques would be more applicable. 

second of all she was a minority.

Thirdly, if this minority was a Buddhist Monk it might be a little funny. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HessStation said:

qr43cf.gif

She doesn't sell this route at all. Didn't drive her plant foot and totally rounded off the break. Then she's looking back for the ball with her hands out the whole time.

I don't like that technique on the tackle either. Never squared or wrapped up. These girls always show boating looking for the highlight reel hit. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Imagine if a minority reporter asked a white QB about a pass play and the white QB laughed and said it’s funny to hear a minority’s reporter asking about a pass play....

How different is that? Just asking.

Which minority you are referring too? So many to choose from and why are you so reluctant to state your premise more clearly?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I could tell you, but I'm more curious to hear your opinions on the matter.

The privileged ones need to stand period. Since you asked. No politics in sports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sciond said:

The privileged ones need to stand period. Since you asked. No politics in sports.

I was being facetious. I wasn't really curious about your position on the matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I'm heading out to the Walgreens.  Does anyone here me to pick them up some tampons?  Seems like heavy flow all over the place. 

some folks got sand in their vag....

Link to post
Share on other sites
I  am sure you will know first.....

let us know how it is

 

92 Court St downtown Brooklyn. 3 rd floor. Please come down and have beer. I beg u to. I would love to see your face.

Link to post
Share on other sites

incidentally that may be one of the best gif's I've ever seen...  spent 5 minutes watching it and finding new things to laugh at..  thank you for making me find it.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...