Bucs vs Pats

whodeawhodat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've actually liked him as an announcer so far, and I never thought I'd say that about ANY announcer. While he's not refined (it's actually sort of refreshing) and he adds a lot of insight into the game beyond what most of these announcers can muster. He calls it like he's still on the field and analyzing what's going on, instead of as a spectator who's simply watching.

While he's certainly not bad, I don't really get the love that's come for him so far this season.  At times he definitely has some good insight, and then suddenly he goes on to have these little made-up conversations with himself.  It's really ******* weird.

1 minute ago, Fibonacci said:

Pats won but they won against a bad Winston and awful Folk. Future doesn't look bright for them no matter what. 

This is all the more reason why we've gotta find our franchise QB. When the Pats' dynasty crumbles, we've gotta be ready to take their place as the de facto team to beat in the AFC East. There's no way in Hell that we can let the basement-dwelling Bills, or the Dolphags (gross) take it. It must be ours.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

While he's certainly not bad, I don't really get the love that's come for him so far this season.  At times he definitely has some good insight, and then suddenly he goes on to have these little made-up conversations with himself.  It's really ******* weird.

Yeah, he certainly ain't refined. I'll give him the benefit that it's just him getting used to and settling into the gig. I, for one, usually don't give a sh*t about ANY of the conversation going on, as it's all usually just plain drivel. I'd rather listen to a guy that offers relevant information and insight into the game 25% of the time, than a guy that spouts utter nonsense 100% of the time.

18 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I can definitely understand people arguing that Winston is regressing... He sort of seems to be on the "Blake Bortles" curve doesn't he? 

I don't know what game you guys are watching Winston was fine, the Bucs got out coached really bad, the Pats D was basically playing 4 deep, but the Bucs offense has zero offensive schemes to throw the ball with short routes, and why do you waste a 1st round pick on OJ Howard if you have Brate, what a waste of a pick that was, imagine if the Jets selected Howard at 6 like some wanted holy hell the airplanes would be on a non stop rotation to fly fire Macc banners over Flo Park with what Watson is doing, Adams playing like a stud is the only thing saving Macc from the mob right now.

18 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

This was a frustrating one... Bucs should have stole this. 

It's because Jameis Winston has been there before and learned his lesson.

New England was like, "Bro, I got you, this game is on ME."

And Winston replied, "Nah, man, I'm good. Keep it. I'm gonna PAY for this one."

2 hours ago, DMan77 said:

I can definitely understand people arguing that Winston is regressing... He sort of seems to be on the "Blake Bortles" curve doesn't he? 

He was very very inacurrate. The good thing for the Jets is that NE did not really look like they improved and should have squarely lost to TB. And Brady looked old, slow and sore at the end of that game. 40 year old bodies just dont recuperate to abuse like even 35 year old bodies do.

Folk should be handed a voucher for a trip anywhere he wants in the US and informed that they will forward on his crap to him. 

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

The question is now, do you trust your D to force another Pats' 3 and out, or do you onside kick it.

Onside kick was a pretty big tactical blunder. Only needing a FG to win and with the ability to get 2 time outs and have 2 minutes left in the game, you KO there.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Patriots should be 1-4. Absolutely blessed.

And of course they get 10 days rest before we play them.

Absolutely crazy how the Pats aren't 1-4. Pure luck. 9 times out of 10 that play that Cook scored vs Texans the CB would have hit Cook & knocked him out of bounds (even the announcers were like "what is he doing on that play"), then Folk misses 2 FG, plus Winston was horrible in the 1st half on short passes which should have been 1st down conversions leading to punts. Bad week for Tampa to be missing 3 defensive starters, all 3 important vs a team like the Patriots.

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Patriots should be 1-4. Absolutely blessed.

And of course they get 10 days rest before we play them.

That should never happen, the NFL shouldn't schedule division games which give one team a 10 day rest.

Archived