This Will Create A Long Thread

KRL

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Giants get Rosen, Jets draft Da'Ron "BPA" Payne two picks later, all the people currently rooting for us to win every week say "SOJFs bitching we should of got Rossen, but he was gone by our pick so what is Maccc supposed to do"

Da'Ron looks like a great prospect; I am pumped up for 2018

22 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Damn; when I heard suck for Sam, I thought he was a QB, not a DE from Ohio State....

IF (and that is a big IF) this is correct and IF (and that is another big IF) other teams follow with it, we will have our pick at any QB not named Rosen.

Just because other players are graded higher then QB's doesn't mean they get picked higher.  Trust me both Wentz, and Goff were probably not even in the top 25 of most teams grades, but they went 1, 2.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Giants get Rosen, Jets draft Da'Ron "BPA" Payne two picks later, all the people currently rooting for us to win every week say "SOJFs bitching we should of got Rossen, but he was gone by our pick so what is Maccc supposed to do"

MAC WILL DRAFT A SLOW ILB. DUH

Several good tackles in this class. Obviously a quarterback is key but a tackle would be a key piece to add.

If they're not in range to get a QB with the first pick it'll be interesting to see how they view Barkley if available.. Awesome, awesome player and would improve the team a lot IMO - but unless there's a QB they love and know they can get back into the late first for with those 2's, is he good enough to push you out of franchise QB range in the future? And more importantly if Morton is still around (think he's doing a good job - also liked what Gailey did at first and we know where that went) it looks like he likes committees so is Barkley even a fit?

Not a top 25 list thing but I think they should add to the OL and a center on day 2 seems like a solid bet if there's a fit.

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

The writer made a lot of odd comments for guys that are supposed to be first rounders.

"lminimal upside" wtf

and its too not to

If you take the whole comment about McGlinchey in context it's not odd at all.

Ironic you correct his error while making a typo in yours.

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Tony Pauline with an early top 25 prospect list:

http://draftanalyst.com/top-25-prospects-2018-nfl-draft

Have at it

Darnold at 11?  Utterly unsurprising.

I keep telling the suck for Sam guys, he'll very possibly be available where we wind up picking.

Of course, by then, they won't want the Sam they pined for for a year, they'll be demanding Rosen, or Allen or some other flavor of the moment.

This is exhibit A why worrying about the draft in Week 1 is dumb.  Week 5?  Still dumb.  

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

No we drafted a Linebacker in a safety's body, who can't cover, tackle, or get off blocks. He's Calvin Pryor bad.  

I think it's looking that way. Once that position properly gets filled..there will be a lot less blown plays in the middle. Our safety tandem as done all they can to avoid that and they have done a great job but they can't be the entire defense. Davis can be a solid second man...but eventually we are going to have to find a guy who can be the QB of the defense like Harris was for so long....minus the slowness.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think it's looking that way. Once that position properly gets filled..there will be a lot less blown plays in the middle. Our safety tandem as done all they can to avoid that and they have done a great job but they can't be the entire defense. Davis can be a solid second man...but eventually we are going to have to find a guy who can be the QB of the defense like Harris was for so long....minus the slowness.

Spot on, I think our Linebacking core is terrible. There is no talent there, and should be able to upgrade in FA or the draft. Hell Bass walked off the street, and took a starting role.

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I don't understand the folks who are all-in on Sam Darnold. If you have to re-teach someone how to throw a football once they enter the NFL, they cannot be the #1 QB in the class. Josh Rosen is light years ahead of him.

When did this happen? From what I have read and understand he started playing QB late into his high school career and was a natural going into USC.

11 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If you take the whole comment about McGlinchey in context it's not odd at all.

Ironic you correct his error while making a typo in yours.

Im not a paid writer. If i were id proofread everything.

Here, the name of the game is speed i just type away with no regard to the proper conventions of writing

1st

Sam Darnold

USC

QB

3So

Athletically gifted signal caller very rough around the edges.  A playmaker at the QB position with the “it” factor yet throws to many interceptions and plays to much sandlot football.

"It" factor outweighs "INT" factor. You can't teach "it". 

Rosen, Allen, Falk, etc., ... don't have "it". Jackson could be another Vick. 

Bradshaw, Namath, Elway, Aikman, Young, Favre threw tons of INTs.

In 13 seasons, Namath had more TDs than INTs only twice.

Archived