Hacken-buried?

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, AFJF said:

You left out the part where I said I’m 95% sure he’s toast.

What have I seen?  Not much.  Throws a good deep ball and he’s still only like 12 years old.

Okay, I’m 99% sure he’s gonna suck.

Same thought experiment I explained with Geno: If Miami drafted Hack in the 2nd, would we be worried he would develop or mocking their idiocy?

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Same thought experiment I explained with Geno: If Miami drafted Hack in the 2nd, would we be worried he would develop or mocking their idiocy?

No I wouldn't be worried about Hack but I would worry that Cutler would get hurt and Petty would light us up. Everyone's backup QB seems to beat us no matter how good we are. 

I'm glad Moore didn't get in that game. 

On 10/7/2017 at 5:21 PM, kdels62 said:

By what metric? Hack had worse stats in the preseason and Goff actually saw the field last season.

Also what do you mean by ELITE skills? The guy is crazy inaccurate and accuracy is definitely a qb skill. His best performance is equal to Petty's game rookie year against Atlanta.

So true. Goff has a skillset that resulted in him being ranked as a player to be taken at the top of the draft. While most agreed Hack was a reach in the second round. They are not comparable. 

30 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

No I wouldn't be worried about Hack but I would worry that Cutler would get hurt and Petty would light us up. Everyone's backup QB seems to beat us no matter how good we are. 

I'm glad Moore didn't get in that game. 

Ok that's fair! :)

Hackenberg does have elite physical skills, and apparently he can diagnose plays with ease in the film room. 

When he uses proper mechanics his throws are a thing of beauty. 

Unfortunately you don't get extra credit for performing well in practice. When the lights come on and the bullets are flying Hack has the same mentality as Sanchez. 

I don't think you can learn to be cool under pressure. You either have it or you don't. This is why I don't get people giving up on Petty. 

It may take him a little longer to learn but once he does he doesn't seem to forget it all when the lights go on. 

He has all the physical skill you need. He's a gamer, and the only playing time he's gotten was with a team that had given up along with the OC who retired early last year.

He needs reps. He gets better with more reps where as Hack like Sanchez gets worse, letting mistakes get into their heads. 

McCown is neither getting better or worse. 

On 10/7/2017 at 1:56 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was hoping this season was going to be about learning whether or not Hack can play.  But with the Jets about to go (possibly) 3-2, Hack seems like he's at the bottom of the barrel of Jets' priorities right now.  Heck, he's also not even the #2 QB at the moment.  Is he buried for this season or do we think he still gets a chance to play?  If the season crashes and burns (which it might), then he might get in there.  But if it crashes and burns to the point where we can draft Darnold then Hack is never going to get his chance here.  How many 2nd round QBs never even get a snap? 

If Hackenberg showed any ability he would be playing. 

On 10/9/2017 at 7:12 AM, NYs Stepchild said:

Hackenberg does have elite physical skills, and apparently he can diagnose plays with ease in the film room. 

When he uses proper mechanics his throws are a thing of beauty. 

Unfortunately you don't get extra credit for performing well in practice. When the lights come on and the bullets are flying Hack has the same mentality as Sanchez. 

I don't think you can learn to be cool under pressure. You either have it or you don't. This is why I don't get people giving up on Petty. 

It may take him a little longer to learn but once he does he doesn't seem to forget it all when the lights go on. 

He has all the physical skill you need. He's a gamer, and the only playing time he's gotten was with a team that had given up along with the OC who retired early last year.

He needs reps. He gets better with more reps where as Hack like Sanchez gets worse, letting mistakes get into their heads. 

McCown is neither getting better or worse. 

Not a fair comp. Sanchez is a proven crappy NFL starting QB. At the present rate of his "development" Hackenberg will never even step on the field.

8 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Not a fair comp. Sanchez is a proven crappy NFL starting QB. At the present rate of his "development" Hackenberg will never even step on the field.

Obviously it's worse when the pressure of preseason is too much for you. 

All I'm saying is that I see the same deer in the headlights look in his eyes. 

Yes Sanchez developed that over time but once you've got it I don't think it goes away. 

Archived