### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They want to tank.  It works!
Look at how well they have built their over the past decade-long tank. 

Keep simplifying arguments so you can pretend to defend your position. No matter how much you want to change the argument to fans wanting to tank multiple seasons that isn't the case, we want to tank one season, a hopeless season, for specific QB prospects. That has nothing to do with the ineptitude of multiple coaching regimes failing in CLE, not because they tanked but because they couldn't figure out how to put talented players on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

20 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If, at this point, you are rooting for the Jets to somehow pull this game out and will be rooting for them the rest of the way in hopes of winning more than five games, I have no idea what to say to you.

Say, playoffs baby.  Got to believe to achieve 

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Because I have an interest in every player other than that f*cking loser Josh McCown.  

I don't like it, but I'm not telling anyone how to feel like others here have told me.  I'm just genuinely curious as to how anyone could prefer another few years of this trash to getting the first overall pick and Josh Rosen.  That's all.  Everyone can do them, but I'm not gonna pretend to understand it.

Nobody wants the Jets to struggle for another decade.

But tanking isn't going to do anything.  You are watching the PERFECT example of a perennial losing franchise that for a decade have drafted in the top 10 and means nothing. 

I watch to see young guys make plays.  If young guys make plays, they may win.  You can't expect young guys to develop, but only enough so that they won't QUITE win every week. 

We will draft in the top ten.  Its WAY to early to see what these QB's are for next years draft.

Sit back and hate the ride...its going to be a LONG bad season.  

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

half time adj:

Run more 2 and 3 TE sets to establish Run game & Play Action against the WEAK LBs

Have Anderson Run the SLOT 

Develop a Pass Rush

Have Mo DECIDE to SHOW UP

DLINE MUST keep LBs clean

Please don't give Bowles a recipe for success. What do you think you're doing. 

Just now, The Crimson King said:

For the record, 

There have been 59 3-0 games in NFL history, the last was Pitt over Miami in '07. The one before was Jets over Washington 12/11/93. 

There were more (73) 0-0 games in the life of the NFL

Wow that's a pretty cool stat... 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Say, playoffs baby.  Got to believe to achieve 

I think once they make a QB change the Super Bowl is within reach.

I have no idea if I will be alive next year. So I am all in this year.

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

half time adj:

Run more 2 and 3 TE sets to establish Run game & Play Action against the WEAK LBs

Have Anderson Run the SLOT 

Develop a Pass Rush

Have Mo DECIDE to SHOW UP

DLINE MUST keep LBs clean

You forgot one

Bench McCown for Petty!

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

But tanking isn't going to do anything.  You are watching the PERFECT example of a perennial losing franchise that for a decade have drafted in the top 10 and means nothing. 

I watch to see young guys make plays.  If young guys make plays, they may win.  You can't expect young guys to develop, but only enough so that they won't QUITE win every week. 

We will draft in the top ten.  Its WAY to early to see what these QB's are for next years draft.

Young guys make plays? Oh yeah. They do that real effectively with McCown back there don't they?

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

And what have we won?

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

If the Browns don't botch the Wentz draft the Jets are losing this game 28-0, how they didn't want Wentz is beyond me.

Just now, Maxman said:

I think once they make a QB change the Super Bowl is within reach.

I have no idea if I will be alive next year. So I am all in this year.

I’m prepared to give you the biggest hug after our home playoff game victory.  I might not let go.  Ever.

Wow.
If we win this game 3-0...

And you know that some fans will praise the team for a "hard fought" win.

That type of resilience is what is needed for teams to build upon and will be key for them beating the Pats next week. Playoff caliber teams know how to win even when their best players are having off days. This is a team on the rise building character and experience that will serve them well in the.....I can't keep his up anymore. They are who we thought they were!

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

This has been a great conversation.  I appreciate your in put and knowledge on the game.  Thank you.  I look forward to another enthralling conversation.

Well when you start extolling the virtues of a player making an INT that my Grandson in my avatar could have made that's what you get.

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Somewhere along the way, maybe because of a 'good' pick or two, the idea of tanking became completely synonymous with future success... Even when the actual stats show differently. I don't know how it happened, but the people wanting to tank have such rose-colored glasses on... I've heard people call the non-tankers "clueless" and "fake fans"... But very little backs up that claim. Tanking is a hard roll of the dice. 

It's so so so far from a sure thing that your team will improve if they tank. But people don't want to believe it. 

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Keep simplifying arguments so you can pretend to defend your position. No matter how much you want to change the argument to fans wanting to tank multiple seasons that isn't the case, we want to tank one season, a hopeless season, for specific QB prospects. That has nothing to do with the ineptitude of multiple coaching regimes failing in CLE, not because they tanked but because they couldn't figure out how to put talented players on the field.

Yup...I have heard the argument ad nauseum

Tanking is for armchair fans, not football players.

You can want a tank all you want.....the players won't do it.

Even if the Jets had the 1st overall pick, doesn't mean the QB we take is going to be any good. 

So, bitch and moan about the Jets winning, or enjoy the 3-4 wins we MIGHT get and see how it unfolds in eight months. 

Just now, JiF said:

I’m prepared to give you the biggest hug after our home playoff game victory.  I might not let go.  Ever.

Ok. Then we can discuss the win alone in the RV. For like 4 - 6 minutes lol.

Archived