### Jets \ Browns -- (Let's Get Over .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I agree we need to not look past Cleveland but the way the patriots have looked recently, I’m not writing in the patriots as an automatic win in OUR house

I hope you're right. But I don't think we can match their offense. It looks like we're at max a 20 point team and New England can easily put up 30 plus. I also don't think our D can handle Brady. He is too experienced for them and his numbers are impressive. 

8 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Boy, I am out of it.  How does fox get an AFC game?

Because of a practice called "cross-flexing," which the league created a few years ago. It allows up to seven games a season that would ordinarily be aired on CBS or Fox to be aired on the opposite network.

The aim is to put the most compelling games in front of the largest possible audience especially in a week where one network has all the most intriguing games.

An extra twist this season is that the Jets and Giants go head to head at 1 o'clock several times, including today. The Jets were supposed to suck, so this was allowing one of the networks to get a 1 o'clock or 4 o'clock game of more substance and protect ratings and thus ad dollars in the biggest NFL market  

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Wondering the same since the Giants are home today. Tha f*ck NFL?

Giants are home to an AFC opponent, therefore the game is on CBS.  Jets and Giants both play the early game, so our game was flexed to Fox so both could be televised in NY market.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because of a practice called "cross-flexing," which the league created a few years ago. It allows up to seven games a season that would ordinarily be aired on CBS or Fox to be aired on the opposite network.

The aim is to put the most compelling games in front of the largest possible audience especially in a week where one network has all the most intriguing games.

An extra twist this season is that the Jets and Giants go head to head at 1 o'clock several times, including today. The Jets were supposed to suck, so this was allowing one of the networks to get a 1 o'clock or 4 o'clock game of more substance and protect ratings and thus ad dollars in the biggest NFL market  

SAR I

This totally sucks for my house gathering I have to set up dual TV's to appease the Giants fans in my crowd.   

10 hours ago, PCP63 said:

Hoping McGuire continues to look the part.

With Kamara on a bye & Smallwood out Elijah McGuire becomes Jetsters flex in fantasy this week. Jets will run the ball 35 times today.

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Browns have a 2nd round QB that looks competent, is learning and growing every week and with really bad weapons and no running game. 

The Jets 2nd round pick QB is on his second redshirt year and will be inactive. 

8 ints so far is competence? Yikes 

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Wondering the same since the Giants are home today. Tha f*ck NFL?

The road team is what determines who broadcasts. Giants are playing the Chargers. One of the two games needed to move.

They used to keep the Giants and Jets from playing at the same time. Looks like they gave that up this year

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Browns have a 2nd round QB that looks competent, is learning and growing every week and with really bad weapons and no running game. 

The Jets 2nd round pick QB is on his second redshirt year and will be inactive. 

If Kizer was a jet, the billboards would already be up 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

As long as the net result is the Jets wining this game it's well within the parameters of the game thread. 

If McCown has to sit and Petty comes in and lights things up, that would be the absolute best-case scenario and I'd be all-in for winning every game.  But this constraint of having to root for them to win with McCown starting is wearing on me.  

With the injuries to 3 edge rushers & 2 CBs, this is a good test for the Jets depth. With the lack of weapons for Kizer, Brooks becomes a really important role player as him & Maye are tweener safeties. Excited to see how the defend & having so much versatility at safety will make it hard for the Browns & Hue Jackson to get big pass plays on 1st down putting them in 2nd & 10s. Browns throw the ball 50% so far on 1st down trying to protect Kizer. Having safeties who can cover & stick their noses in on the running game makes it much tougher for Browns to take advantage of a smaller secondary. 

Its gonna be whether we win or not today. So, for all you so called Jet fans moaning about safeties, this is the week this group helps us win a game on the road. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’d rather the Jets be trying to see what they had in a young QB than trotting out a terrible veteran. But that’s just me. 

That's not the point 

The point is this fan base has no patience and would have already turned on Kizer. 

And McCown hasn't been terrible by any measure that's just flat out wrong 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

That's not the point 

The point is this fan base has no patience and would have already turned on Kizer. 

And McCown hasn't been terrible by any measure that's just flat out wrong 

There’s a good chunk of his fan base that knows better. And I’m glad McCown has been able to feast on two terrible teams to make himself look better but we all know what he is. A loser and a below average QB. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl right you are, I blame this all on Todd Bowles. 

McCown probably lights up the Browns today. 

The Petty injury played into the McCown decision. McCown has been adaquit so far and in my opinion done nothing to warrant losing his job.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

There’s a good chunk of his fan base that knows better. And I’m glad McCown has been able to feast on two terrible teams to make himself look better but we all know what he is. A loser and a below average QB. 

Doesn't matter. The billboards go up, the tabloid media goes for the kill, sports radio is all about the Jets drafted the wrong QB, the kid gets ruined. 

This is the last place a young QB has any chance to grow. 

McCown has his issues, his track record is what it is,  but I think bates and Morton have him playing pretty good. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

What compelled them to show this uncompelling game? 

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

Doesn't matter. The billboards go up, the tabloid media goes for the kill, sports radio is all about the Jets drafted the wrong QB, the kid gets ruined. 

This is the last place a young QB has any chance to grow. 

McCown has his issues, his track record is what it is,  but I think bates and Morton have him playing pretty good. 

Aren't you curious to see if Bates and Morton could have Petty playing pretty good (or better)?

Anyone agree comparing the talent of the two rosters, they have similar talent level. I mean Cleveland overall might have more. Feels like the Jets are playing above their heads a little and wouldn't surprise me if they lost on the road. 

Imagine if we had this coach and management. There would be riots at the stadium. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets are 2-2 through 4 many had them going 0-16 the fact that the negativity continues is very disturbing.  Aren't we all Jets fans?  Look for the positives.  

3-2 after today with a weak NE team coming to town next week. 

I'm rooting for the victory but feeling like this is going to be a big game for McCown. Greg Williams is probably going to stack the run and blitz heavy today. 

59 minutes ago, nycdan said:

If McCown has to sit and Petty comes in and lights things up, that would be the absolute best-case scenario and I'd be all-in for winning every game.  But this constraint of having to root for them to win with McCown starting is wearing on me.  

Totally reasonable. 

Archived