McCown a great addition

kevinc855

Ok haters, as much as you like to start two terrible young scrubs named petty and hack it’s time To admit McCown has been a Mature and steady presence on this young team. He has been smart with the football and is near a 70 percent completion rate. This guy is playing some great football and the jets are 3-2 because of him. Great job josh and Mac; this team is Better for it 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok haters, as much as you like to start two terrible young scrubs named petty and hack it’s time To admit McCown has been a Mature and steady presence on this young team. He has been smart with the football and is near a 70 percent completion rate. This guy is playing some great football and the jets are 3-2 because of him. Great job josh and Mac; this team is Better for it 

okay, mccown has been doing a pretty darn good job.  he knows how to play the game.

but where's the love for bowles? not for nothing, he's the main reason why this team is staying together.  they could've bought into the tank job after the first two games but now they seem to be on a little roll.  these things build on themselves. i know everyone was thinking not again when gailey and the rest of the coaching staff got launched but it sure looks like they came up sevens with morton, kevin green, and even keeping kacy.  and while we're at it we need to give mac some cred for bringing in players who want to play.  so far so good.

21 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You cant even be friggin serious, such a troll post. He is TERRIBLE. He has a high completion percentage because he is essentially rotating through about 5 plays all of which are behind on just past the LOS and teams let him have those since even if he competes all 3 it might not be a first down. He was completely horrific today. He ran exactly ONE effective drive and that was after that doofus coaching the Browns decided to gut his own team by running the dumb up the middle play on 4th down and TWO when they had momentum and could have tied with a FG. McCown should have been benched at halftime. He was awful today.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Is there any debate that McCown is far and away the team's MVP right now? 

the one thing i can't emphasize enough is how important it is for the qb to take care of the football.  after having 3 of the worst qbs wrt turnovers in sanchez/geno/fitz, it's nice to watch a game where the defense and special teams can help you stay in a game when the offense isn't producing for a half, b/c the offense is punting rather than throwing pick 6s and fumbling on sacks.  and while sure we'd all love to see a younger qb in, it's not time yet, hack sucks, and today we saw maye with a key pick, lee made some nice plays, stewart got a first down on a reverse and mcguire continues to produce and asj made some huge catches.  i like watching a competent team, i like watching an offense where the ball isn't being thrown up for grabs, call me crazy.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

the one thing i can't emphasize enough is how important it is for the qb to take care of the football.  after having 3 of the worst qbs wrt turnovers in sanchez/geno/fitz, it's nice to watch a game where the defense and special teams can help you stay in a game when the offense isn't producing for a half, b/c the offense is punting rather than throwing pick 6s and fumbling on sacks.  and while sure we'd all love to see a younger qb in, it's not time yet, hack sucks, and today we saw maye with a key pick, lee made some nice plays, stewart got a first down on a reverse and mcguire continues to produce and asj made some huge catches.  i like watching a competent team, i like watching an offense where the ball isn't being thrown up for grabs, call me crazy.  

You are crazy. We were not competent today, it's just the Browns really really wanted to lose. We were outplayed pretty soundly but Cleveland choked over and over and over. A good team beats us today 35-0. We were very very far from competent.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The one thing I can't emphasize enough is playing to punt like we did today in the first half will have you in a 31-0 hole against the Pats, Steelers, Chiefs, Raiders, Eagles, Cowboys, Packers, Falcons, just to name a few, I have no interest in being the team that can be the best of the below average teams anymore, it's time to get with the new age of NFL football grow a set of balls, and play aggressively to score, and score often, and do everything possible to get a QB in here who has a future longer then 16 months with the team as the starter, until then all these wins are a few minutes of good feeling, and then the realization of the situation sets in, and I go back to not feeling so good about this team regardless, I can't stand that this is how I feel, but it is, and nothing will change it until I see signs of a team that can play with the big boys now, and for the future which is something this team just can't do, and as long as guys like McCown are brought here to start this will never change.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You are crazy. We were not competent today, it's just the Browns really really wanted to lose. We were outplayed pretty soundly but Cleveland choked over and over and over. A good team beats us today 35-0. We were very very far from competent.

the defense had a sound strategy and they created several turnovers.  they're not giving up long passes like last season.  the offense was predictably in a conservative wimpy mode the entire first half while the score was tied but eventually opened up and produced in the 2nd half when it had to.  if you sub guys like sanchez/geno/fitz in for mccown the jets would have spotted the browns a few tds and then come back to lose a close game.  the offensive system is functioning pretty smoothly, and the hope is that when they draft another qb and put him in for mccown you'll have an even better offense.  

this team is not an embarrassment to watch, and that's a huge improvement.

the defense had a sound strategy and they created several turnovers.  they're not giving up long passes like last season.  the offense was predictably in a conservative wimpy mode the entire first half while the score was tied but eventually opened up and produced in the 2nd half when it had to.  if you sub guys like sanchez/geno/fitz in for mccown the jets would have spotted the browns a few tds and then come back to lose a close game.  the offensive system is functioning pretty smoothly, and the hope is that when they draft another qb and put him in for mccown you'll have an even better offense.  
this team is not an embarrassment to watch, and that's a huge improvement.

Lol. Sound strategy? Was that the "let the 0-4 Browns repeatedly drive down to the red zone and wait for them to collapse" strategy?

The green colored glasses is strong with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

42 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dude he's been nothing great lets not get crazy. 

Id rather see Bryce Petty who might have a future here. 

But it is what it is.......GO JETS 

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Lol. Sound strategy? Was that the "let the 0-4 Browns repeatedly drive down to the red zone and wait for them to collapse" strategy?

The green colored glasses is strong with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

when kiser was the qb, they made him throw by rushing only 3 and it worked.  he sucks.  

i'm more impressed with the offense, wrs are getting open, guys are making clutch catches.  remember, this team was supposed to be the absolute worst team in the nfl in terms of offense, bar none.  

30 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You cant even be friggin serious, such a troll post. He is TERRIBLE. He has a high completion percentage because he is essentially rotating through about 5 plays all of which are behind on just past the LOS and teams let him have those since even if he competes all 3 it might not be a first down. He was completely horrific today. He ran exactly ONE effective drive and that was after that doofus coaching the Browns decided to gut his own team by running the dumb up the middle play on 4th down and TWO when they had momentum and could have tied with a FG. McCown should have been benched at halftime. He was awful today.

Then why does he rank ahead of 13 other QB's in YPA, including Dak, Big Ben, Eli, Stafford and Derek Carr?

Give  a little credit where it's due.  He's done a nice job.

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is there any debate that McCown is far and away the team's MVP right now? 

I think a lot of these guys are playing at their ceiling rather than their floor currently.  I'll leave out a few for sure but those include Adams, Maye, Clariborne, Kerley, Kearse, ASJ, DD, and yes McCown.  

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

I think a lot of these guys are playing at their ceiling rather than their floor currently.  I'll leave out a few for sure but those include Adams, Maye, Clariborne, Kerley, Kearse, ASJ, DD, and yes McCown.  

Jeremy Kerley is one of the most underrated Jets of all time.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Then why does he rank ahead of 13 other QB's in YPA, including Dak, Big Ben, Eli, Stafford and Derek Carr?

Give  a little credit where it's due.  He's done a nice job.

I dont agree. He is compiling stats, not running an effective offense

Archived