McCown a great addition

kevinc855

29 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

The thing is we don't have a QB on the roster who will be staring in 2018 and also won't have a draft pick high enough to draft one of the top QBs in the draft. But enjoy the 5 or 6 wins this season.

Really enjoying it. ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

I swear to God, I feel like it's 2015 again, reading all the early threads about Fitzmagic...the QB we needed.  

The Jets could just as easily be like 1-4 right now, and I would bet fans would be a lot less complementary of McCown given his stats to date.  It is what it is, but as much as I like Jets wins, I'm not gonna revel in McCown's play or call him a 'great' addition...because he's been poor to ordinary at best.

JMO

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, the Patriots are damn lucky they are not 1-4 & they have the GOAT. No one is extolling McCown magic. This is all about the young guys, unfortunately Petty & Hack are just not very good. This is the offseason we find a QB, somehow, someway, we'll find one. Though I will say, I was very intrigued by Deshaun Watson (the fact he beat Saban & Bama twice), but hindsight is 20/20, go back & look at the threads & many, many Jet fans said stay away, overrated, weak arm, blah, blah, blah, so you just never know.

7 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I can respect that. But let's not kid ourselves - McCown is what he is - a replacement level journeyman QB. Let's get a real QB in here next year.

I'll even give McCown the title of best backup QB in the league. Especially with his attitude. Great QB to have if your starter goes out for a few games. 

He is by no means a starter, and he does not drive play. He is a place holder that will not screw things up as long as you don't ask him to do too much. 

His stats reflect that teams are loading up the box and pressing the ends. There are open receivers downfield all game and McC never looks at them. 

200 yards of offense is nothing to write home about. 

Archived