So about those Safeties

HawkeyeJet

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Just for the record, I wasn't a fan of taking Maye after already taking Adams, but credit where credit is due. 

Was only a matter of time till he got a pick. He's been awesome in coverage, covers a ton of ground.  Him and Adams really do compliment each other quite well. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

It won't be to long before we're bitching about how we also passed on Patrick Mahomes.

Or him. There were two quarterbacks worth drafting in the top 12, we were sitting there at 6 and had no business passing on a quarterback. And we did. For a safety. I don't care if Jamal Adams is Muhammad "I'm hard" Bruce Lee, watching Watson make plays the past several weeks has been ******* brutal. He was there. Right there. And we took a safety.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Or him. There were two quarterbacks worth drafting in the top 12, we were sitting there at 6 and had no business passing on a quarterback. And we did. For a safety. I don't care if Jamal Adams is Muhammad "I'm hard" Bruce Lee, watching Watson make plays the past several weeks has been ******* brutal. He was there. Right there. And we took a safety.

Do you still follow Rutgers athletics?  I used to enjoy your stuff back on JI way back when. Did you like the move to the Big Ten?  Always assumed Rutgers fans weren't very happy about it considering the geography. I think the Rutgers football coach is a native Iowan. 

If they were a FB and Guard I'd get the hate. However, bitching about the 2 safeties makes me think people aren't watching today's NFL. Especially when our 2 safeties were Pryor and Gilchrist. 

And the Watson crowd needs to calm their t!ts. Kaep looked like the second coming of Randall Cunningham until the league got the book on him, which was what, year 3? 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Do you still follow Rutgers athletics?  I used to enjoy your stuff back on JI way back when. Did you like the move to the Big Ten?  Always assumed Rutgers fans weren't very happy about it considering the geography. I think the Rutgers football coach is a native Iowan. 

Not really. The scandals that plagued the university turned me off from paying close attention to anything. It's pretty clear the administration turned a blind eye to the problems in the basketball and football programs and it's impossible to support. Most I do is peruse the box scores every few weeks out of curiosity so I can't say much about Ash.

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

“Do you still follow Rutgers athletics” is possibly the sickest burn I’ve ever witnessed.

27 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We passed on Deshaun Watson. Giving Mmaccaggnnann credit for anything for this draft is crazier than chemtrails.

What he's been able to do thus far is amazing. 

It's like people forget how hard it is to get a guy who starts out his career with a 2-3 record.  The NFL may never see a kid come out of college playing like this again.  Ever.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's like people forget how hard it is to get a guy who starts out his career with a 2-3 record.  The NFL may never see a kid come out of college playing like this again.  Ever.

It's like you don't even care enough to put time into sh*t posting anymore. And that hurts.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's like you don't even care enough to put time into sh*t posting anymore. And that hurts.

It's getting hard to come up with good digs when you and the other disgusting members of the Ilk give me this drivel to work with. 

Lamenting passing on a kid who had 1 good game and hung in with the Pats is too stupid to put much effort into.

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

He’s 2-1.  Has more TDs than the entire Jets offense and up til tonight he has led the highest scoring offense in the league since he’s been the starter.

Just now, JiF said:

He’s 2-1.  Has more TDs than the entire Jets offense and up til tonight he has led the highest scoring offense in the league since he’s been the starter.

They destroyed a hapless Titans team and put up some points on a bad NE defense.  Tonight they're getting spanked and as the season goes on I suspect he'll come back down to earth.  This notion that we passed on Marino again is stupid.  

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Alex Smith is balling though 

Funny how the Chiefs draft a gun slinging future stud with a rifle for an arm basically everything Smith isn't he all of a sudden worked his ass off during the off season to increase his arm strength, and also making it a point to throw the ball down the field more then he ever did in his career not just taking the dump off, and now it seems like some kind of light went off, and he is realizing how much more has opened up for him since he started extending plays, and looking to push the ball down field, surprise surprise he is enjoying his best year yet.  I've never seen him throw the ball down the field this much in his career, and I'm starting to think Mahomes might get a 2 year redshirt if Smith does not revert back to his old conservative captain check down persona.  And if he is released, and continues to push the ball down field all year I am starting to warm up to the idea of signing him as he already runs a WCO, the Jets have a special talent at TE in ASJ as long as they don't stupidly let him get away, and have plenty of $$$ to also get Smith 1 more big weapon after paying him.  This all depends on how Smith looks thou as the season goes on, but I want to see if he loses that zip on the deeper passes as the weather gets worse, and he can't overcome the cold weather plus wear, and tear before I'd be happy with bringing him in here.

20 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's literally happened about 4 times at least since 2008 (Ryan, Luck, Wilson, Prescott off the top of my head), but now he is the last one who will come in as a rookie, and set the world on fire?

Archived