Over 2,000 Posts Today

Maxman

Jets message boards all seem to be shrinking. So I want to say thank you because the volume here is insane. Over 2,000 posts today.

I know we don't always agree. I know some of us never agree. We are like a big family at Thanksgiving dinner. Yes everyone wants to wring someone else's neck.

Thank you all for not choking anyone out.  :) Thank you all for making JetNation your home.

We don't agree on much, but what we can agree on is that JetNation is the place to talk about the Jets. Even when you don't want them to win, lol.

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Jets message boards all seem to be shrinking. So I want to say thank you because the volume here is insane. Over 2,000 posts today.

I know we don't always agree. I know some of us never agree. We are like a big family at Thanksgiving dinner. Yes everyone wants to ring someone else's neck.

Thank you all for not choking anyone out.  :) Thank you all for making JetNation your home.

We don't agree on much, but what we can agree on is that JetNation is the place to talk about the Jets. Even when you don't want them to win, lol.

Well, we did kick crazy uncle Woody out of the house after he had a few and shared a few choice words for one of our cousins, but other than that, it was a very successful day.

Apart from the Jets winning, that is. :P

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Best Jet message board ever, thank you.  

It's the only one as far as I'm concerned. After the stories I've heard about the old JI, I don't think my lifestyle (not being a real fan, that is) would've been accepted there.

29 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know we don't always agree. I know some of us never agree. We are like a big family at Thanksgiving dinner. Yes everyone wants to wring someone else's neck.

I produce amazing content and inspire much dialogue.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sounds like you're describing one of the Sunday Dinner episodes of Jersey Shore.

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you think 2,000 posts is a lot for 1 day, imagine if we beat the Patriots next week.

I'll one up that, imagine we beat the Patriots after McCown gets knocked out of the game on the first play, and Petty goes off, and beats the Patriots with an air raid show!

18 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I'll one up that, imagine we beat the Patriots after McCown gets knocked out of the game on the first play, and Petty goes off, and beats the Patriots with an air raid show!

May as well have Brady butt-fumble in that scenario too.

The only other board I've been on was JI which was weird in comparison. Sooth seemed like not really a cool dude and they tried too hard to mod everything. The only eyebrow I've ever raised here was the last game thread. But I can understand Max's concern and think the request was fair even If i antagonized the situation a bit. So yeah, besides Tom this place is great.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ringing a neck is overrated. Guillotines and arm triangles are much more satisfying.

You are a boxer, please don't sell out for tap out moves. I fully expect you to rely on a straight up throat punch.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That's exactly what someone that's never wrapped his thighs around another man's head would say.

My first wrestling match in high school I wrestled a guy who was the captain of the other team. He was a million times better than me and somehow he pinned me backwards. Which meant that when I tried to bridge I was essentially tee-bagging myself.

True story.

That story should end with me saying I was giving up on the sport. Instead I fear it was at that very moment that my true love for wrestling was born.

I think it's good to see people coming in and talking, because Jets forums were pretty hopeless earlier this season.  When most of the news is negative, I think people shy away from reading and responding anyway.  

I think next week is the litmus test, not only for the team, but the fan base.  Jets win, and I think interest is going to spark big time.  All those people that stayed away to avoid negative points will more than likely make up for lost time.  Jets lose, and we'll be back to the off-season level of "Well, we won 3 games for no reason vs. We root for the jersey" arguments that can't be proven either way.  

20 hours ago, win4ever said:

I think it's good to see people coming in and talking, because Jets forums were pretty hopeless earlier this season.  When most of the news is negative, I think people shy away from reading and responding anyway.  

I think next week is the litmus test, not only for the team, but the fan base.  Jets win, and I think interest is going to spark big time.  All those people that stayed away to avoid negative points will more than likely make up for lost time.  Jets lose, and we'll be back to the off-season level of "Well, we won 3 games for no reason vs. We root for the jersey" arguments that can't be proven either way.  

I don't think they will win this week. But if they pull off the upset, the goal changes to playoffs. Sorry if people don't want to hear that. But if they are sitting at 4 and 2 and in 1st place (a big if) then let's go playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Tom is more the Brandon Marshall type. Great stats. Unquestioned ability. Talks a good game. 

But he never makes the playoffs.  :)

TomShane/Brandon Marshall similarity ?. Yea I can see that.  Both are on medication and gerry curl so that seals it.?

Archived