Get ready to wake up against the pats....

Maddog45

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Wtf do you want? There are winless teams out there. Were not as bad as them just accept it. 

You cant asks pros to lose on purpose

Winners don't accept losing ever and professionals act like professionals no matter what the circumstances.  

That anybody would advocate for a moment that a professional to act or do less than their best tells you all about them and not the professional.  

Are these guys fans or a kid in search of rattle?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, smaxor5 said:

It's honestly really sad that a large number of Jets fans have lost the ability to cheer for young, upcoming players win games they aren't supposed to.  Like what on earth is wrong with all of you?

IMO it is a group of fans that has been weaned in the era of FF; their not football fans per se, they are babies who think that it is "magic" to turn a franchise around, that cheating on an organizational level doesn't matter (burn the tapes)so long as you "win" (cause everyone does it) and it is one key reason why NFL viewership is way down and why even true fans are beginning to tune  it out. 

3 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

Fans have power for some idiotic reason.... they got that sh*tzic out of here with billboards and sh*t , they should put one for TANK , and like a picture of an abrams tank or something in green and white , the front office will listen when it comes to money and tickets and merch

Oh, I could see it now. A Tank or be fired banner behind a plane flying over Florham Park. Ridiculous! If we did go 0-16 this year who the hell would want to play for this team? It will also prove that Petty & Hackenberg cant play & the rest of the team is garbage too. Bowles & Macc get fired, we start all over AGAIN, yea, GMs & coaches knocking down the door to come to the 0-16 NY Jets,lol. I can guarantee you that when the KC Chiefs signed Alex Smith there were plenty of fans screaming, "what the hell did we sign that bum for?". Now, with a great coach & a bunch of weapons their kicking peoples azzes. He came into the league in 2005! 12 years later look what he's doing. Our fans run people out after 3 games for god sakes. 

2 hours ago, shawn306 said:

The Jets still have shot, the schedule is pretty brutal starting with the Pats this week.

I mean let's be honest. This is still a pretty bad team and a team that beat up on a bad Miami team, an up and down Jacksonville team and a putrid Browns team.

I hope the Jets kick the Pats ass on Sunday, just not expecting it, especially with the Pats having 10 days to fix their defensive scheme.

Thank you!!

The Jets are an awful team but....... they are getting excellent coaching on both sides of the ball, Bowles has been gutsy instead of conservative and the players are playing hard and to WIN!!!

What about this should disturb a Jets fan!!!

i don't get it....

3 hours ago, smaxor5 said:

We were missing 2 of our top 3 corners, our best pass rusher and the defense still looked good for the entire game.  What the "all in on the tank" crowd doesn't understand is that that is just one strategy for getting better, there are others.  For instance, with the Jets winning many more games than expected they are suddenly a much more attractive FA destination.  Those top guys like Vernon that said "F that" a couple years ago are now actually considering coming here.  Specifically, a guy like Kirk Cousins might actually come here.

Anything can happen, enjoy the ride at least.

Gotta disagree with that. If Kizer doesn't sh*t the bed on those 2 drives they lose this game by double digits.

Look what the Tank guys don't understand is this. The guys rooting for the team to win on game day do not have unrealistic expectations. We know this team is bad but are so LOYAL to the Jets that we root for them not matter what. Its called being a Jet Fan. The only people with unrealistic expectations are the tank guys because they expect the Jets to do it purposely. That will never happen. The reasons given for Cleveland's supposed tanking play are the result of bad coaching not purposely trying to lose. Why go for it on 4th down if they are tanking? No its just a case of the Coach screwing the pooch. I know its hard to believe there is a HC out there worse than Bowles but there apparently is and he coaches the Browns. The Jets have an awful stretch coming up and I am not expecting much but anything can happen.

I can realistically see this team winning one or two more games at the most. Anything can happen though and if they win more than that so be it. Who knows what their thinking? With Macc at the helm they might not even draft a QB in the first or maybe even the whole friggin draft. He may be eyeing those FA guys and going with skill players in the draft. Or not. We cannot predict what they will do and guys are crying over something that may not even happen. Its stupidity plain and simple.

Just as, or even more important than having a franchise quarterback is having a front office and coaching staff that builds a good competitve culture. Without that, you're Andrew Luck with the Colts, a waste of time.

2015 I felt we had that in Mac/Bowles. Not going to lie, last year really broke hope. But the turnaround this year (not just based off of W's) in culture and competiveness shows me that for once this team has the right football people running it. We'll see how the rest of the year goes, its still too early to call Mac and Bowles geniuses. 

But if this team keeps growing and winning some games. I'll be happy that we will have the people in place to build a team for when we do find our QB.

Just as, or even more important than having a franchise quarterback is having a front office and coaching staff that builds a good competitve culture. Without that, you're Andrew Luck with the Colts, a waste of time.

2015 I felt we had that in Mac/Bowles. Not going to lie, last year really broke hope. But the turnaround this year (not just based off of W's) in culture and competiveness shows me that for once this team has the right football people running it. We'll see how the rest of the year goes, its still too early to call Mac and Bowles geniuses. 

But if this team keeps growing and winning some games. I'll be happy that we will have the people in place to build a team for when we do find our QB.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Oh, I could see it now. A Tank or be fired banner behind a plane flying over Florham Park. Ridiculous! If we did go 0-16 this year who the hell would want to play for this team? It will also prove that Petty & Hackenberg cant play & the rest of the team is garbage too. Bowles & Macc get fired, we start all over AGAIN, yea, GMs & coaches knocking down the door to come to the 0-16 NY Jets,lol. I can guarantee you that when the KC Chiefs signed Alex Smith there were plenty of fans screaming, "what the hell did we sign that bum for?". Now, with a great coach & a bunch of weapons their kicking peoples azzes. He came into the league in 2005! 12 years later look what he's doing. Our fans run people out after 3 games for god sakes. 

Alex smith changed teams as a young guy, I would take him here any day, we have 38 year old mcclown , acting as if that solves this sh*t team's problems

20 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Alex smith changed teams as a young guy, I would take him here any day, we have 38 year old mcclown , acting as if that solves this sh*t team's problems

No he didn't

It took him like 5-6 years and a great HC (Harbaugh) before he started to develop.

I've been getting called dumb alot in on the board today. I realize that I have been. I now recognize that a win against one of the worst teams in football history in which we got destroyed in yardage by a two to one margin means that this organization is moving in a positive direction.

I now hope for things that I know will not happen. I look at the schedule of the last eleven games of the year and can't find more than another three wins.  I think six wins against the dregs of the NFL is awesome and the start of something big, though.

I think we have a real shot to beat the Pats, especially after our scintillating performance against the Browns. Chiefs? Pats again? Falcons? Saints? Panthers, Buccaneers? Broncos? I recognize these as all losses, but still, I'm glad we ****ed up our draft position to beat the Browns and Jay Cutler. Blake Bortles, too. Maybe we can break Cutler again (who is already broken, it seems), we can squeak past the Bills and get the Chargers to forget they are ten times better than the offense we gave up 400 yards to yesterday.

We have the 21st ranked offense and the 27th ranked defense, but we are learning to win. That's what counts.

If we were at the end of the season and were in position to grab one of those two potential franchise quarterbacks and we beat the Browns, I'd be upset, because only real fans root for losses at the end of the season when our bad team actually loses a ton of games and PROVES they are as bad as they apparently are. Sh*tty, dumb fans think they know that this horrible team will lose a lot of games at the beginning of the season before that bad team has a chance to prove they are bad and root to lose games in which they are playing the fellow dregs of the NFL.

I'm glad I've seen the light.

14 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

What's the matter didn't mommy show you enough love?

4 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Wouldn't it be cool if they beat the Pats though....

Only if petty or hack were qb would it be great , winning only fills ego and doesn't help the team for the future because we then miss out on the best qb in the draft. Tired of repeating the same sh*t 

2 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Only if petty or hack were qb would it be great , winning only fills ego and doesn't help the team for the future because we then miss out on the best qb in the draft. Tired of repeating the same sh*t 

Why are you still posting when you reputation is like negative 38

9 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Thank you... THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reaction movies memes clapping applause GIF

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Why are you still posting when you reputation is like negative 38

I don't give a damn about that sh*t , bunch of old hags with catheters hanging out their ass down vote me , Idc at this point I'll continue spreading the truth in my blunt manner . They wanna see meaningless wins , I want a powerhouse and perennial winner 

20 hours ago, slats said:

The Jets aren't as bad as you hoped. Sorry.

No player or coach is or was ever going to tank their season -intentionally lose games- for a draft pick. It existed as a fantasy in your head, but it was never the reality. They may not win another game, but at three wins they're already out of the first pick sweepstakes. So enjoy the season, or just be a miserable **** every week. It's really up to you. 

All agendas, recent posting history aside, they just got outgained by the one of the worst teams in history by a 2-1 margin. How good are they? Legit question. Because, to me, that's about as bad as I thought they'd be.

21 hours ago, smaxor5 said:

It's honestly really sad that a large number of Jets fans have lost the ability to cheer for young, upcoming players win games they aren't supposed to.  Like what on earth is wrong with all of you?

The franchise did this to us... beat us down to desperation.  Desperate enough to cheer against them.  And it will NEVER end without a franchise QB.  A  6 win season does nothing to solve the problem, especially in a year with so many lousy teams that will draft a QB.  What is wrong with the people that cannot see that point of view?

I get why some fans wont cheer against their team.  I don't agree with it, but I get it...

6 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

I don't give a damn about that sh*t , bunch of old hags with catheters hanging out their ass down vote me , Idc at this point I'll continue spreading the truth in my blunt manner . They wanna see meaningless wins , I want a powerhouse and perennial winner 

O/U

age 20.5

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

All agendas, recent posting history aside, they just got outgained by the one of the worst teams in history by a 2-1 margin. How good are they? Legit question. Because, to me, that's about as bad as I thought they'd be.

Outgained =/= outscored. 

I don't think they're a very good team at all, but they're not looking as bad as I thought they were. This franchise has a long history of playing down to their competition, so it wasn't surprising to me that they put up their worst performance of the year against the Browns - but they still found a way to win. They found a way to win against a Jags team last week when all the momentum was against them. That's a good quality. A quality that makes them a better team than the Browns, who consistently finds ways to lose. 

They're not first pick in the draft bad. That was your expectation and, frankly, it was mine. But they're just not. Not right now, anyway. I'm not gonna get upset about that in October. 

we may get slaughtered by NE but at least we are alive in October.  This team is fighting and that's all we could have asked for.  I hope we can compete this week and maybe spring an upset but even if we don't it's been a great season so far.

11 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I've been getting called dumb alot in on the board today. I realize that I have been. I now recognize that a win against one of the worst teams in football history in which we got destroyed in yardage by a two to one margin means that this organization is moving in a positive direction.

I now hope for things that I know will not happen. I look at the schedule of the last eleven games of the year and can't find more than another three wins.  I think six wins against the dregs of the NFL is awesome and the start of something big, though.

I think we have a real shot to beat the Pats, especially after our scintillating performance against the Browns. Chiefs? Pats again? Falcons? Saints? Panthers, Buccaneers? Broncos? I recognize these as all losses, but still, I'm glad we ****ed up our draft position to beat the Browns and Jay Cutler. Blake Bortles, too. Maybe we can break Cutler again (who is already broken, it seems), we can squeak past the Bills and get the Chargers to forget they are ten times better than the offense we gave up 400 yards to yesterday.

We have the 21st ranked offense and the 27th ranked defense, but we are learning to win. That's what counts.

If we were at the end of the season and were in position to grab one of those two potential franchise quarterbacks and we beat the Browns, I'd be upset, because only real fans root for losses at the end of the season when our bad team actually loses a ton of games and PROVES they are as bad as they apparently are. Sh*tty, dumb fans think they know that this horrible team will lose a lot of games at the beginning of the season before that bad team has a chance to prove they are bad and root to lose games in which they are playing the fellow dregs of the NFL.

I'm glad I've seen the light.

Gastineau come one man....

Did you or anyone else on this board (in their right mind) believe or think that the Jets were going to be a good team this year? Anybody?

Indeed most of us, and some NFL prognosticators thought that the Jets were going to be a historically bad team; one of the worst of all time.  Of course the Jets statistics are awful!  How could the Jets statistics be good?  We have young experienced skill players players on offense, a injured and poor OL, and statistically the worst starting QB in the NFL for over the last 5 years who is almost 40 years old; again how could the Jets be playing statistically well? 

And yet despite the poor statistics and the poor obr inexperienced players, the Jets aren't playing down to those expectations; why?  Because the coaching has been way way better then we could have ever imagined. 

We are winning a few games because the team is playing hard.  They are playing hard and the coach is coaching well, that is all we can ask.

I want Petty to start and have said so thread after thread after thread...... but I can't let my desire for Petty to start to cloud my judgment. 

Professionals aren't going to lose on purpose; so we have to enjoy what little we can, which means this year the Jets just playing hard....... 

Archived