Get ready to wake up against the pats....

Maddog45

Though the op stated it rather inelegantly they are correct imo.  This team is going to wing 6 or 7 games and will be all giddy about how good we did until draft day when we watch other teams grab frabchise QBs while we say 'we tried to trade up' and take sloppy second rounders again

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/9/2017 at 8:56 AM, Maddog45 said:

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

well, you're wrong.  building a football team isn't only about positioning for the draft.  sure a good draft can make or break a team but they are supposed to build on the team already in place but imo it's far better to have the team together and playing on the same page of the playbook that have the right to draft one player.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Though the op stated it rather inelegantly they are correct imo.  This team is going to wing 6 or 7 games and will be all giddy about how good we did until draft day when we watch other teams grab frabchise QBs while we say 'we tried to trade up' and take sloppy second rounders again

it's always possible that mac goes out on a limb and deals for the pick he wants.  even if they don't want to give up their picks this year they can always give up future picks.  imo that will depend on how good they feel the current players are.  thus far they have some real issues with the oline.  maybe it'll get better as the season progresses but maybe they'll need to grab a more highly rated guard or tackle than they ordinarily would.  if they are happy with their current players they are young enough to allow trading away future picks.  risky but there''s no telling until the season plays out.  and as for their final record, 5 or 6 games is probably the limit. things could get interesting if they have 6 wins by the break.

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Though the op stated it rather inelegantly they are correct imo.  This team is going to wing 6 or 7 games

Possibly.  I think the over/under is more like 5.  Draft position of ~6-10.

and will be all giddy about how good we did

Lol, no.  Be assured, no one will be giddy at the end of the 2017 season.

until draft day when we watch other teams grab frabchise QBs

Hard to be lament that which we never had. We never were going to be the #1 pick, so why get depressed over not picking #1.

The failure was one of unrealistic hopes and poor evaluation:  this Jets team was never going to go 0-16.  People who thought we would we foolish, and foolishly got their hopes up.

while we say 'we tried to trade up'

Personally, I hope we don't trade up, the cost (multiple years #1's and then some) will be far too great for such a low % investment.

In the supposedly deepest QB draft since 1983, I am content to sit at #6 (say) and select the BAP-QB at that spot.

and take sloppy second rounders again

You realize the same guy who picked our last "sloppy second" will be picking next year, right?

47 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Gastineau come one man....

Did you or anyone else on this board (in their right mind) believe or think that the Jets were going to be a good team this year? Anybody?

Indeed most of us, and some NFL prognosticators thought that the Jets were going to be a historically bad team; one of the worst of all time.  Of course the Jets statistics are awful!  How could the Jets statistics be good?  We have young experienced skill players players on offense, a injured and poor OL, and statistically the worst starting QB in the NFL for over the last 5 years who is almost 40 years old; again how could the Jets be playing statistically well? 

And yet despite the poor statistics and the poor obr inexperienced players, the Jets aren't playing down to those expectations; why?  Because the coaching has been way way better then we could have ever imagined. 

We are winning a few games because the team is playing hard.  They are playing hard and the coach is coaching well, that is all we can ask.

I want Petty to start and have said so thread after thread after thread...... but I can't let my desire for Petty to start to cloud my judgment. 

Professionals aren't going to lose on purpose; so we have to enjoy what little we can, which means this year the Jets just playing hard....... 

No one has ever expected professionals to lose on purpose. No one. Find one for me.

As for the Jets being good, they are not. They have a realistic chance to be 3-13, no matter if you want them to or you do not. It is entirely plausible.

You state all the reasons that they are bad yet say they are good in the same breath. You cannot possibly have watched their last game against one of the worst teams in history, certainly the worst in the NFL (with Kizer at the helm, for sure) and come away thinking that they are good. God bless you, if you can.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

well, you're wrong.  building a football team isn't only about positioning for the draft.  sure a good draft can make or break a team but they are supposed to build on the team already in place but imo it's far better to have the team together and playing on the same page of the playbook that have the right to draft one player.

I'm talking about this year and this year only ,we need a qb and Rosen / darnold are the best and we miss out because of stupidity 

Just now, Warfish said:

What stupidity is that, exactly?

Winning pointless games just to fill ego , big whoop we beat these trash teams , funny thing is those teams beat themselves , jags game was lucky , browns beat themselves ,Miami doesn't even have their starting qb. Lay of the pipe , anybody that disagrees is delusional, mcclown is only gonna take our players and fans to playoff and Super Bowl parties , and some idiots believing in playoffs. We win 5-6 games fills your ego huh ? And then we don't get that qb , and cycle continues 

3 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Winning pointless games just to fill ego

So who, specifically, is the "Stupid" one winning these games "just to fill ego"?  Who is the responsible party for the "stupidity" you see?

And how would you have chosen/managed to not win these games, as you see it?

On 10/9/2017 at 9:47 AM, smaxor5 said:

It's honestly really sad that a large number of Jets fans have lost the ability to cheer for young, upcoming players win games they aren't supposed to.  Like what on earth is wrong with all of you?

We realize that going 5-11 or 6-10 does not ******* help this team at all but going 1-15 or 2-14 would give us the chance at a difference making QB. But you enjoy your meaningful wins.

Just now, Brady's a catcher said:

We realize that going 5-11 or 6-10 does not ******* help this team at all but going 1-15 or 2-14 would give us the chance at a difference making QB. But you enjoy your meaningful wins.

So there is no chance whatsoever for a difference making QB if we go 5-11 then?

On 10/9/2017 at 9:56 AM, smaxor5 said:

We were missing 2 of our top 3 corners, our best pass rusher and the defense still looked good for the entire game.  What the "all in on the tank" crowd doesn't understand is that that is just one strategy for getting better, there are others.  For instance, with the Jets winning many more games than expected they are suddenly a much more attractive FA destination.  Those top guys like Vernon that said "F that" a couple years ago are now actually considering coming here.  Specifically, a guy like Kirk Cousins might actually come here.

Anything can happen, enjoy the ride at least.

Yes, Cousins is going to come here because we were a competitive 5-11. Yup.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So who, specifically, is the "Stupid" one winning these games "just to fill ego"?  Who is the responsible party for the "stupidity" you see?

And how would you have chosen/managed to not win these games, as you see it?

The fo and coaches responsible , and fans for pushing the dumb agenda , they should push for the team getting a franchise qb instead of a yearly loser, and how I would manage not winning is play hack and petty, if we win great we have our guy we lose great we still could find our guy in darnold or Rosen , it's logical

Just now, Warfish said:

Yup, there's a chance for sure. But we lose control and likely will have to pay a huge cost in draft picks or over pay for Cousins. Can try and trade for Alex Smith I suppose. But I was really hoping to bottom out and finally just have the no.1 pick and have a chance at taking a potential franchise QB.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Chances of a qb being good after 1st round is like hitting the lotto and gets smaller by the round, do you think a team in need of a franchise is not gonna take them top 5? Or you wanna go thru a hackenburg experiment again , hold clipboard for years and a scrub , or geno smith ..... go thru the same bullsh*t cycle everytime , stop trying to justify this stupid sh*t, that's why we haven't smelled a super bowl in 50 years

40 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No one has ever expected professionals to lose on purpose. No one. Find one for me.

As for the Jets being good, they are not. They have a realistic chance to be 3-13, no matter if you want them to or you do not. It is entirely plausible.

You state all the reasons that they are bad yet say they are good in the same breath. You cannot possibly have watched their last game against one of the worst teams in history, certainly the worst in the NFL (with Kizer at the helm, for sure) and come away thinking that they are good. God bless you, if you can.

The Browns have played everyone tough and have one of the best defenses in the league in terms of total yards given up.

You whining and carrying on like a buffoon is not fooling people who know how to use google.

8 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

I'm talking about this year and this year only ,we need a qb and Rosen / darnold are the best and we miss out because of stupidity 

We won 5 games last year & upgraded every position that we cut guys from. McCown>Fitz, you can argue its close but after seeing McCown for 5 games vs Fitz in 2016, edge McCown. Revis <Claiborne Huge difference, Marshall < Kearse Edge Kearse (Has Kearse dropped a ball yet?, Decker <Kerley,Stewart, Decker was OUT Edge K/S, Mangold < Johnson Edge Johnson, Pryor/Miles < Adams, Maye, Brooks Huge edge A/M/B & I'll argue Brooks is better than Pryor & Miles, Clady <Beachum Edge to Beachum cause hes still standing, Shell < Breno Edge Shell, Special Teams 2016 < 2017 Huge Edge to the 2017 team. 

So, here you are crying that the Jets are out of the running for the top 2 spots in the draft. The Media love to make fun of the Jets, we were an offseason punchline, but, if you look more closely at the disfunction, quitters, injuries in 2016, our 2017 draft, the addition of Morton & Bates, the fact is the 2017 Jets are a better overall team than the 2016 team & growing (developing young guys). We've seen very little of Stewart, Leggette is getting healthy (no idea if hes good), Hansen? ASJ is healthy & has been a HUGE upgrade at TE for the Jets. So winning 5-? games shouldn't come as some huge shocker. You might have Bears, Colts, Chargers up there? are they taking QBs? maybe Chargers but who knows? Let the chips fall where they may, anyone Jet fan, I don't care how much you sing your allegiance that watches the Jets on Sunday hoping they lose to the f*cking Patriots is not a real fan, that is a FACT!

5 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Chances of a qb being good after 1st round is like hitting the lotto and gets smaller by the round, do you think a team in need of a franchise is not gonna take them top 5? Or you wanna go thru a hackenburg experiment again , hold clipboard for years and a scrub , or geno smith ..... go thru the same bullsh*t cycle everytime , stop trying to justify this stupid sh*t, that's why we haven't smelled a super bowl in 50 years

The guy doesn't respond lmaooo no way to argue against my point unless you're a retard . Stop justifying crap and mediocrity 

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

The Browns have played everyone tough and have one of the best defenses in the league in terms of total yards given up.

You whining and carrying on like a buffoon is not fooling people who know how to use google.

They give up a 75 percent completion percentage to opposing QBs at 8 yards per attempt.

In the four non jet games they have played exactly two of the other teams "close". One was a game in which they gave up 31 points to Jacoby Brissette.

You are the buffoon.

20 minutes ago, Brady's a catcher said:

that all depends if season performance carries over from one season to the next.  if 5-6 wins makes this team better for next season then it's worth it.  yeah i know the retort is going to be so does grabbing a top flight qb in the draft but if performance carries over then so does failure.  imo if the players play to lose then they will get a losing attitude that no amount of top flight qb will overcome.  even early in this season we see the giants failing big time and they have a big time qb.  same thing with cincy.  and on sunday roethlisberger threw 5 picks including 2 pick sixes.

and the only way the wins are truly meaningless is if bowles and or mac get launched at the end of the season.

35 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

The fo and coaches responsible

So, you're expectation is that the Front Office and Head Coach should do everything possible to lose games intentionally.

How would you have gone about doing that in ways Macc and Bowles have not, specifically?  And how would you get the players to go along with this team-driven blatant tanking?

...and fans for pushing the dumb agenda....

Can you expand on this thought?  How are "fans" responsible when the "fan" agenda has been split between "suck for Sam" and "don't care"?

....they should push for the team getting a franchise qb instead of a yearly loser.....

And how should fans do that?  What are your suggestions to the rest of the fanbase to let the organization know we want them to lose out?

and how I would manage not winning is play hack and petty,  if we win great we have our guy we lose great we still could find our guy in darnold or Rosen , it's logical

Interesting, as most of us think Petty is better than McCown.  But not better enough to be a franchise QB.  

If Petty led us to 6-10 or 7-9, what would your view be then?

48 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

First there are a full cadre of fans out here who consistently call for the "magical" tank but wont say how we are supposed to do it?  Again I rhetorically ask them: 

Do we run the wrong personnel out there? Put players in positions so they don't succeed? Tell guys not to try hard? Design the wrong routes? And putting in Petty is not Tanking for me... So what do we do?

IMO those posters who in thread after thread hold that we should tank without ever stating how we are supposed to do it are by inference stating (I'm not saying you, because you didn't state that in any of your posts) that they want the Jets to lose on purpose. Indeed many of these posters even put this viewpoint in the game day thread.  It sounded crazy, "like why are the Jets trying to win" ... well in that case what would you have professionals "try" and do? 

Second........

The Jets are currently a bad team, Period.  They are........

The Jets don't have the personnel to be very good right now, but that doesn't preclude them from playing hard and showing solid coaching which they are demonstrating.  Because I am saying that they play hard doesn't mean that they are a great team, good team, going to the playoffs, and so on ... but in a rebuilding year with McCown as our QB, this is really better than we could have hoped for...  

And finally if the Jets go 3-13 and they play hard disciplined football the rest of the way I will be more than fine with that, in fact I will be happy.

I will be happy because the Jets are doing what they need to do to finally, building this team the right way, from the ground up, as opposed to the repeating quick fixes which consistently feel good but always leaves us flaccid in the end.... :)

33 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

(30th in DVOA, 25th in PPG allowed, 27th in YPA against, 32nd in passer rating against)

Net Total Yards Leaders

Net Yards Per Game Leaders

RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G
1 Denver 1043 260.8 840 210.0 203 50.8 74 18.5
2 Cincinnati 1314 262.8 798 159.6 516 103.2 83 16.6
3 Carolina 1370 274.0 971 194.2 399 79.8 94 18.8
4 Pittsburgh 1381 276.2 698 139.6 683 136.6 89 17.8
5 Cleveland 1524 304.8 1141 228.2 383 76.6 124 24.8

41 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

We haven't smelled a Super Bowl in 50 years because I justify stupid sh*t.  An interesting theory.

Can a Franchise QB be found outside the top 5 picks?  I believe they can, and I believe draft history proves that out.

As to what I want/wanted, let me remind you, I would have drafted Watson in the last draft, and had I done so, we would not be having this conversation.

What I want going forward is the Jets to cut McCown loose to the pine, and play Petty (or Hack if Petty falters or gets hurt).  Then I want to draft the best available QB at pick #6-#10, wherever we end up slotted.  It's possible that BAP QB may be Baker Mayfield, or it may be Josh Allen, or it may be someone else.  I pick that player.  

Just now, Pac said:

Net Total Yards Leaders

RK TEAM YDS YDS/G PASS P YDS/G RUSH R YDS/G PTS PTS/G
1 Denver 1043 260.8 840 210.0 203 50.8 74 18.5
2 Miami 1238 309.5 936 234.0 302 75.5 67 16.8
3 Washington 1245 311.3 890 222.5 355 88.8 89 22.3
4 Atlanta 1273 318.3 901 225.3 372 93.0 89 22.3
5 Cincinnati 1314 262.8 798 159.6 516 103.2 83 16.6
6 Carolina 1370 274.0 971 194.2 399 79.8 94 18.8
7 Pittsburgh 1381 276.2 698 139.6 683 136.6 89 17.8
8 New Orleans 1499 374.8 1061 265.3 438 109.5 78 19.5
9 Cleveland 1524 304.8 1141 228.2 383 76.6 124 24.8

oh wow

Rewatched the game last night; I am sorry but the team looked terrible. Granted the Browns front 7 appears to be significantly better than the Pats, but we looked like crap on O for most of the game. We couldn't run, we couldn't pass protect. Also, if a team is going to stack the box on you, how do you not throw deep a few times to get them to pull back? Seriously, how effective is a 3 yard pass going to be when they are already crowding the LOS.

The only thing worse than the O, IMO, was the D. How do you hold Jax running game but let the Browns run all over you? We had no push and we let a 2nd year, UDFA QB throw all over us to young WRs (didn't one just join the team)? If you give Brady the same time to throw as the Jets did with the Browns, he will hang 50 points on us. And Brady isn't going to muff a pitch, or throw an INT in his end zone. Yes, the Pats look bad, but if you want a Jets victory, you better hope the Jets were playing down to their competition. Because had the Jets played any other team (other than maybe the Giants or the Bucs) they would have been crushed.

I am glad the released Williams; it lets some of these Vets know that they need to step up and compete. Too bad they couldn't let Wilkerson go...

And why convert a promising DL to FB just to use him a few times? If we a struggling with holes, shouldn't a FB help? Maybe we should move him back to DL and bench Wilkerson a game or 2.

Archived