Get ready to wake up against the pats....

Maddog45

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pac said:

made up gibberish meant to appease the Dungeons and Dragons fans.

points per game was invented by a virgin nerd to help him win at Settlers of Catan. yards per attempt is literally witchcraft. I dont know what passer rating means but it sounds super gay

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Rewatched the game last night; I am sorry but the team looked terrible. Granted the Browns front 7 appears to be significantly better than the Pats, but we looked like crap on O for most of the game. We couldn't run, we couldn't pass protect. Also, if a team is going to stack the box on you, how do you not throw deep a few times to get them to pull back? Seriously, how effective is a 3 yard pass going to be when they are already crowding the LOS.

The only thing worse than the O, IMO, was the D. How do you hold Jax running game but let the Browns run all over you? We had no push and we let a 2nd year, UDFA QB throw all over us to young WRs (didn't one just join the team)? If you give Brady the same time to throw as the Jets did with the Browns, he will hang 50 points on us. And Brady isn't going to muff a pitch, or throw an INT in his end zone. Yes, the Pats look bad, but if you want a Jets victory, you better hope the Jets were playing down to their competition. Because had the Jets played any other team (other than maybe the Giants or the Bucs) they would have been crushed.

I am glad the released Williams; it lets some of these Vets know that they need to step up and compete. Too bad they couldn't let Wilkerson go...

And why convert a promising DL to FB just to use him a few times? If we a struggling with holes, shouldn't a FB help? Maybe we should move him back to DL and bench Wilkerson a game or 2.

It was a strange game. But, I posted this in another thread, the Browns Oline is LEGIT! Kiser just sucks. Preseason based on personnel the Browns Oline was ranked 2nd in the NFL. The QB isnt helping them. Id take their entire Oline over ours.

Just now, Jetster said:

It was a strange game. But, I posted this in another thread, the Browns Oline is LEGIT! Kiser just sucks. Preseason based on personnel the Browns Oline was ranked 2nd in the NFL. The QB isnt helping them. Id take their entire Oline over ours.

I would too, but Brady will not need to hold the ball that long, and their line HOLDs all of the time. We need to play better across the board especially with our running game if we are even to have a shot.

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We haven't smelled a Super Bowl in 50 years because I justify stupid sh*t.  An interesting theory.

Can a Franchise QB be found outside the top 5 picks?  I believe they can, and I believe draft history proves that out.

As to what I want/wanted, let me remind you, I would have drafted Watson in the last draft, and had I done so, we would not be having this conversation.

What I want going forward is the Jets to cut McCown loose to the pine, and play Petty (or Hack if Petty falters or gets hurt).  Then I want to draft the best available QB at pick #6-#10, wherever we end up slotted.  It's possible that BAP QB may be Baker Mayfield, or it may be Josh Allen, or it may be someone else.  I pick that player.  

I said from the beginning play petty if he sucks we get a top pick the FO an coaches are idiots , they wanna play mcclown and win bullsh*t games why not play petty and win these games build his confidence and team chemistry . Fans need to group together and yell every game until it gets annoying, and then the media will write on it forcing coaches hands .

On 10/9/2017 at 8:56 AM, Maddog45 said:

This bullsh*t fun time is over .... great we ****ed up our chance at Rosen and darnold damn idiots, now watch the pats come in and destroy mcclown , finally wake up this blind crowd , us whooping super trash teams big whoop.... Giants will get Rosen or darnold , sit behind Eli and become the face of New York while we stay the face of people's jokes. Idiots pick the wrong time to try to win , why didn't they do this sh*t last year .... the year of the qb wanna **** ourseleves cant make this up same ol jets .... and yes Idc about 3 wins in a row when the jets team end up watching the playoffs instead of playing , I'm a realist not a delusion goof like many around here.

Cool story bro.

4 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

I said from the beginning play petty if he sucks we get a top pick the FO an coaches are idiots , they wanna play mcclown and win bullsh*t games why not play petty and win these games build his confidence and team chemistry.

How would this "Play Petty" plan get the Jets the franchise QB you're so passionate about? 

Merely playing Petty and going 6-10 results in the worse scenario then playing McCown and going 5-11, doesn't it?

Fans need to group together and yell every game until it gets annoying, and then the media will write on it forcing coaches hands .

So fans, as a whole, need to gather in large groups and yell "we want to lose, we want to lose" until it annoys....Woody?  Macc? 

And this will lead to the media writing stories in the national sports media about the valiant Jets fans rooting to lose.  Do you think this reflects well on the JEts Fan base, that it will earn us respect around the league for our wisdom and planning ahead?

So, if we do this, it will get us our franchise QB, because the front offices hands will be forced.....to do what?  What action will they take?  Just the on-purpose tanking, or something more?

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No one has ever expected professionals to lose on purpose. No one. Find one for me.

As for the Jets being good, they are not. They have a realistic chance to be 3-13, no matter if you want them to or you do not. It is entirely plausible.

You state all the reasons that they are bad yet say they are good in the same breath. You cannot possibly have watched their last game against one of the worst teams in history, certainly the worst in the NFL (with Kizer at the helm, for sure) and come away thinking that they are good. God bless you, if you can.

They won't go 3 and 2 you said. You said that when they were 2 and 2 and about to face the Browns.

You are passionate that is good. But you are off base. This team is not going 3 and 13. No matter how much you root for it.

Fans can't control their teams draft position. So just enjoy the wins. Sad.

Just now, Warfish said:

How would this "Play petty" plan get the Jets the franchise QB you're so passionate about?  Merely playing Petty and going 6-10 results in the same scenario as playing McCown and going 6-10.

So fans, as a whole, need to gather in large groups and yell "we want to lose, we want to lose" until it annoys....Woody?  Macc?  And this will lead to the media writing stories in the national sports media about the valiant Jets fans rooting to lose.  And this will get us our franchise QB, because the front offices hands will be forced.....to do what?

Play petty and see if he develops into a franchise qb , and the fans to force the coaches hands and playing petty , if he sucks we get a top pick win- win, why do you require me to explain explicitly like if your an idiot , you damn sure know what I'm talking about . 

Just now, Maddog45 said:

Play petty and see if he develops into a franchise qb , and the fans to force the coaches hands and playing petty , if he sucks we get a top pick win- win, why do you require me to explain explicitly like if your an idiot , you damn sure know what I'm talking about . 

I'm trying to understand your plan, nothing more. 

You want to play Petty over McCown, because you think Petty might be a franchise QB like Darnold or Rosen?

And if Petty goes 6-10, and shows he is what most think he is, a #2 QB, what then? 

Just now, Warfish said:

I'm trying to understand your plan, nothing more. 

You want to play Petty over McCown, because you think Petty might be a franchise QB like Darnold or Rosen?

And if Petty goes 6-10, and shows he is what most think he is, a #2 QB, what then? 

If he shows he could lead the team with more pieces give him the job, and Who's to say that petty goes 6-10 what if he goes flop mode and lose every game? We get a top pick and we find out he's not a franchise qb, we solve the qb issue with the top pick then , how hard is it to infer where I was going with this ? Is it this hard to comprehend?

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

They won't go 3 and 2 you said. You said that when they were 2 and 2 and about to face the Browns.

You are passionate that is good. But you are off base. This team is not going 3 and 13. No matter how much you root for it.

I was really hoping we would have a 1-15 year, grab Darnold or Rosen and have our franchise QB locked up for the next 15 years....

That said, your spot on, we have absolutely no say, and there was no way you were going to get Bowles to tank when is is presumably at least on a warm seat.

And how do you convince players to tank? Just not a realistic plan IMO.

There is a huge difference between rooting for your team to lose week 17 when you are 1-14 than there is in week 3 at 0-2. 

We also have more talent than many want to admit. Not that this is a 9 win team talent wise, but it could be a 6 win talent wise team that with a few breaks could go 8-8.

I am enjoying the week by week approach. I expect to lose handily this week, but the fact that this game has some juice going in is fun. Life is too short to not enjoy the smaller victories in it, you can't always sit around waiting for a big victory that may or may not come.

35 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I would too, but Brady will not need to hold the ball that long, and their line HOLDs all of the time. We need to play better across the board especially with our running game if we are even to have a shot.

Oh, I completely agree about our running game! But Morton has to do what the Panthers did too & that was get the ball out to guys on Pats LBs. ASJ has the size to box out, that's what Benjamin & Funchess did. Jets have to be creative, using motion ect. spread the field & make the Pats play the entire field, sideline to sideline, that's not their strength. I'd run a reverse with Marshall or Stewart near misfield type of plays we have GOT to get the ball into guys hands in space vs this Pats defense. Anytime Robby Anderson gets lined up with Gilmore we need to test his speed. 

19 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

I said from the beginning play petty if he sucks we get a top pick the FO an coaches are idiots , they wanna play mcclown and win bullsh*t games why not play petty and win these games build his confidence and team chemistry . Fans need to group together and yell every game until it gets annoying, and then the media will write on it forcing coaches hands .

This isn't a video game. The players want to play, develop, and win.  It's pretty plain to see that you've never been on a sports team or in a locker room. You don't walk in and say "ok! we're tanking!". That's not how real-life works. Same goes with the coaches and front office. This is these guys jobs and lively-hood. They want to succeed. 

Rooting against winning now and developing some young players is crazy to me. You basically don't want anyone from the last few drafts to develop at all for the CHANCE at drafting a QB that may or may not be good... If those are the dice you want to roll, then fine I respect that choice, but don't pretend like any of it is a sure thing. Don't pretend like it's a foregone conclusion that the Jets end up with a franchise QB and to think otherwise is somehow crazy... It's not... There have been PLENTY of draft busts and tanking teams that never get better... Stop acting like you have it all figured out. Tanking does not guarantee future success.

45 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Phil, I said 3-13 is realistic. I didn't say it would happen.

You say enjoy the wins. I say enjoy the losses and the better draft position and a potential franchise QB (although the Darnold/Rosen horses seem to be out of the barn)

We differ on what's better for the Jets, so there is nothing to find sad.

You said yourself that if we were bad and had losses to show that, you would have no problem rooting against them to get a FQB. I started the season with that mindset knowing the roster was terrible and the ceiling for wins was 5-6 and a continuation of the quarterback carousel we've been subject to for as long as I've been alive, basically, yet those of us that feel that way are bad fans, buffoons, etc. for not getting excited about beating Bad Bortles, a horrific offense led by Jay Cutler and "beating" Deshone Kizer in a game that we got outgained by of the worst teams in recent memory by a 2-1 margin, needing their kicker to miss two field goals while ours makes a 58 yarder before the half. Is there something to be enjoyed about that or are we going with the " a win is a win" approach to being a loyal fan?

I can easily say that the sad thing is watching people root against what is in the best long term interest of the team.

Now, if you want to argue about whether Darnold or Rosen are the real deal, that is a separate argument. My whole point of view is based on the idea that they are.

PS. I have no faith in McCagnanananan to do the right thing at QB. That's a large part of my frustration with the fool's gold that is this current winning streak.

5 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

This isn't a video game. The players want to play, develop, and win.  It's pretty plain to see that you've never been on a sports team or in a locker room. You don't walk in and say "ok! we're tanking!". That's not how real-life works. Same goes with the coaches and front office. This is these guys jobs and lively-hood. They want to succeed. 

Rooting against winning now and developing some young players is crazy to me. You basically don't want anyone from the last few drafts to develop at all for the CHANCE at drafting a QB that may or may not be good... If those are the dice you want to roll, then fine I respect that choice, but don't pretend like any of it is a sure thing. Don't pretend like it's a foregone conclusion that the Jets end up with a franchise QB and to think otherwise is somehow crazy... It's not... There have been PLENTY of draft busts and tanking teams that never get better... Stop acting like you have it all figured out. Tanking does not guarantee future success.

How tf does playing petty stops others from getting better? The defensive players have nothing to do with petty, cbs get better at covering on their own and all the other positions get better on their own . WRs build the chemistry with petty not everyone is a burner , they have to work on timing . I know what the hell im talking and I've been apart of sports teams that's irrelevant to my point , play petty and see if he's the answer if he's not then that meant we lost every game and get the top pick . It's logical period if there's any arguement to this your an idiot mcclown isn't taking us anywhere

10 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

How tf does playing petty stops others from getting better? The defensive players have nothing to do with petty, cbs get better at covering on their own and all the other positions get better on their own . WRs build the chemistry with petty not everyone is a burner , they have to work on timing . I know what the hell im talking and I've been apart of sports teams that's irrelevant to my point , play petty and see if he's the answer if he's not then that meant we lost every game and get the top pick . It's logical period if there's any arguement to this your an idiot mcclown isn't taking us anywhere

Relax with the name calling. 

McCown outplayed Petty in the offseason and in his brief appearances during the Spring. The coaches liked what they saw out of him better than Petty, and frankly I'm sure the entire team saw it too. If Petty had been better, he'd be starting. 

So the coaches and the front office would need to go in front of the team and essentially say "I know Petty wasn't great, and has very little experience, but we're going to start him over McCown because we need to see what we have for next year."... It just doesn't fly. It wouldn't happen. You don't punish hard work like that week 1.

Your reasons for wanting to start Petty aren't illogical. They're fine. We all know what you're saying... But what they aren't (at least at this point in the season) is realistic... You can't realistically show or tell a team that you're planning for the future the entire year. You can't tell guys they're not going to play because you need to see what the rookies can do to plan for next year. It's not realistic. It's not a mindset the players or the coaches will even entertain. 

You say you played sports. Imagine you're on a high school team and it's your senior year then... The coach comes in and says "Hey I know our Senior QB outplayed that Freshman QB, but we need to see what we have for next season, so he's going to play instead of the Senior ok?"...

Just no. That doesn't happen. Not at the beginning of a season, anyway. Eventually when the Jets fall out of it, they will look ahead and Petty and maybe even Hack will play... But it was never going to happen right away unless Petty blew people away, and he didn't. You don't kill an entire teams moral, discipline, and desire like that. You just don't.

56 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I was really hoping we would have a 1-15 year, grab Darnold or Rosen and have our franchise QB locked up for the next 15 years....

That said, your spot on, we have absolutely no say, and there was no way you were going to get Bowles to tank when is is presumably at least on a warm seat.

And how do you convince players to tank? Just not a realistic plan IMO.

There is a huge difference between rooting for your team to lose week 17 when you are 1-14 than there is in week 3 at 0-2. 

We also have more talent than many want to admit. Not that this is a 9 win team talent wise, but it could be a 6 win talent wise team that with a few breaks could go 8-8.

I am enjoying the week by week approach. I expect to lose handily this week, but the fact that this game has some juice going in is fun. Life is too short to not enjoy the smaller victories in it, you can't always sit around waiting for a big victory that may or may not come.

Nicely said... too much logic for some here, but nicely said.

Is it this hard to comprehend?

No, it's just....inconsistent.

Petty is not a franchise QB, yet you're acting like he is.  You're living in a fantasy world.  The same fantasy world that had the Jets going 0-16 and picking #1/#1.

You're simply not taking very rational or consistent positions.

You all but demand fans revolt to make the team lose out, a laughably unrealistic expectation for fans, and a laughably unrealistic response by the front office/management.  An idea that would make this team a legitimate laughing stock.

Yet you're perfectly fine going 6-10 (a very real-world outcome) as long as we play Petty, a mid-round never-was who may at-best be a respectable #2 QB for a few more years. 

So you're clearly ok with playing mediocre mid-round prospect QB's (like Petty), but you're near frenzy levels of angry that we may pick 6th and only get the 3rd best 1st round prospect in the 2018 draft.

You claim wins are meaningless, but you're ok with wins if Petty gets them.  Because apparently you've equated a given-a-chance 6-10 Petty with getting Darnold or the like at #1/#1.

Your positions are inconsistent at best (Petty is ok, but we must pick #1/#1 or wargl!), and downright fantastical at worst (lose on purpose). 

NFL teams do not tank in the way you suggest, NFL fan bases will never demand their team tank en mass as you suggest.  Front Offices and Head Coaches do not lose on purpose as you suggest.  Players most certainly do not lose on purpose.

Let me suggest that if you're ok being mediocre in order to give Petty a chance, perhaps you'll be ok after all if McCown only wins 4-5 games, we pick say, 6th, and walk away with a Baker Mayfield, a vastly superior prospect to Petty, in the 2018 Draft.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, it's just....inconsistent.

Petty is not a franchise QB, yet you're acting like he is.  You're living in a fantasy world.  The same fantasy world that had the Jets going 0-16 and picking #1/#1.

You're simply not taking very rational or consistent positions.

You all but demand fans revolt to make the team lose out, a laughably unrealistic expectation for fans, and a laughably unrealistic response by the front office/management.  An idea that would make this team a legitimate laughing stock.

Yet you're perfectly fine going 6-10 (a very real-world outcome) as long as we play Petty, a mid-round never-was who may at-best be a respectable #2 QB for a few more years. 

So you're clearly ok with playing mediocre mid-round prospect QB's (like Petty), but you're near frenzy levels of angry that we may pick 6th and only get the 3rd best 1st round prospect in the 2018 draft.

You claim wins are meaningless, but you're ok with wins if Petty gets them.  Because apparently you've equated a given-a-chance 6-10 Petty with getting Darnold or the like at #1/#1.

Your positions are inconsistent at best (Petty is ok, but we must pick #1/#1 or wargl!), and downright fantastical at worst (lose on purpose). 

NFL teams do not tank in the way you suggest, NFL fan bases will never demand their team tank en mass as you suggest.  Front Offices and Head Coaches do not lose on purpose as you suggest.  Players most certainly do not lose on purpose.

Let me suggest that if you're ok being mediocre in order to give Petty a chance, perhaps you'll be ok after all if McCown only wins 4-5 games, we pick say, 6th, and walk away with a Baker Mayfield, a vastly superior prospect to Petty, in the 2018 Draft.

No , I'm not okay with mcclown , we know he's a bum. I want to see petty play more , we still don't have the answer to him you can't write him off as a back up yet , he hasn't played much to say that, I'm trying to see if he's a franchise qb by playing him. If he's the guy to lead this team then give him the job , if he sucks and we lose every game from here on we knock out 2 birds one stone , we know he's actually trash and get top pick, do you have the capacity to understand that? And I didn't say the fans should revolt to tank , I said they should call for petty to play .... I know I can't force every fan to want to tank ( even though it's the smart thing to do in our situation and this year of the qb) so that's why I will continue insulting people's intelligence and the people who try justify this cycle of crap and mediocrity every year will get a piece too. We just love being middle of the pack every year , not making the playoffs and drafting mid of the 1st round and having to live with guys like darron lee and Calvin pryor... tired of the bullsh*t and I haven't even been a fan for as long as some

6 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

I will continue insulting people's intelligence

You're certainly insulting someones intelligence, although it may not be quite who you think.

6 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

...the people who try justify this cycle of crap and mediocrity every year will get a piece too........I haven't even been a fan for as long as some

I would never have guessed you were younger.  Color me surprised.

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're certainly insulting someones intelligence, although it may not be quite who you think.

I would never have guessed you were younger.  Color me surprised.

yup take your response off track because there's no arguement here , what I'm saying makes sense and should be the approach . And I'm talking about people like you intelligence , you're trying to imply I'm insulting myself , people like you let this cycle continue for the past 50 years , fans have more power than you think , no one goes to the games or buy merch they'll do what we want . That's why I say fans should call for petty . Also don't respond to me if you are gonna make sh*tty remarks , stay on topic or don't @ me.

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Phil, I said 3-13 is realistic. I didn't say it would happen.

You say enjoy the wins. I say enjoy the losses and the better draft position and a potential franchise QB (although the Darnold/Rosen horses seem to be out of the barn)

We differ on what's better for the Jets, so there is nothing to find sad.

You said yourself that if we were bad and had losses to show that, you would have no problem rooting against them to get a FQB. I started the season with that mindset knowing the roster was terrible and the ceiling for wins was 5-6 and a continuation of the quarterback carousel we've been subject to for as long as I've been alive, basically, yet those of us that feel that way are bad fans, buffoons, etc. for not getting excited about beating Bad Bortles, a horrific offense led by Jay Cutler and "beating" Deshone Kizer in a game that we got outgained by of the worst teams in recent memory by a 2-1 margin, needing their kicker to miss two field goals while ours makes a 58 yarder before the half. Is there something to be enjoyed about that or are we going with the " a win is a win" approach to being a loyal fan?

I can easily say that the sad thing is watching people root against what is in the best long term interest of the team.

Now, if you want to argue about whether Darnold or Rosen are the real deal, that is a separate argument. My whole point of view is based on the idea that they are.

PS. I have no faith in McCagnanananan to do the right thing at QB. That's a large part of my frustration with the fool's gold that is this current winning streak.

I'm with you 100%. Even if we beat all the bums on our schedule we win what, 6-7 games at most? What the hell's the point? I've been a Jets fan for a looooooong time. I'd much rather just be really, really bad for a year or two, get some good luck for a change, and actually be bad enough to draft really high in a year when there's obvious franchise QBs to take. 

But we can't have anything nice so we're 3-2 and we'll take a fine OT prospect at number 7 overall, which would be great if we had a talented young QB....

8 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

yup take your response off track because there's no arguement here , what I'm saying makes sense and should be the approach . And I'm talking about people like you intelligence , you're trying to imply I'm insulting myself , people like you let this cycle continue for the past 50 years , fans have more power than you think , no one goes to the games or buy merch they'll do what we want . That's why I say fans should call for petty . Also don't respond to me if you are gonna make sh*tty remarks , stay on topic or don't @ me.

There is certainly no argument here. 

I live in the real world. 

Your position is that of a bratty, whiny little kid who played too much Madden while toking up with his friends, and now thinks tanking an NFL season is as easy as putting down his controller to let the AI beat him. 

Worse, you seem to think if you play Petty he might get a +2 to his Madden QB rating.  Totally works that way.

But, to give you credit, you definitely have the "I hate all old people over 25, damn old people ruin everything!" rebel-without-a-clue routine down pat.

Carry on good sir, carry on.

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is certainly no argument here. 

I live in the real world. 

Your position is that of a bratty, whiny little kid who played too much Madden while toking up with his friends, and now thinks tanking an NFL season is as easy as putting down his controller to let the AI beat him. 

Worse, you seem to think if you play Petty he might get a +2 to his Madden QB rating.  Totally works that way.

But, to give you credit, you definitely have the "I hate all old people over 25, damn old people ruin everything!" rebel-without-a-clue routine down pat.

Carry on good sir, carry on.

Why the hell do you always bring up bullsh*t in your response , wtf does madden have to do with this and playing petty? You play petty in live action and see what he does , how tf will you be able to tell if he's any good if he doesn't play, if he's good give him the job and draft weapons to help him , if he sucks get a qb in draft moron, and it's easy to tank in this league , the team goes as far as it's qb takes them , if they really want to guarantee tank play hack, and see how it goes tank play petty. Mcclown starting will have the jets watching playoffs and later draft pick . I'm not going back and forth with morons anymore . It's about the team winning consistently for the next 10-15 years 

Archived