Time to put your money where your mouths are

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Warfish said:

*cough* bullsh*t *cough*

It wasn't "Suck for Someone" my friend, it was "Suck for Sam".

Not from everyone. Not by a long shot. And I've seen 2-3 people talking themselves off of Sam tops.

So I'll refer you back to my previous reply. If you want to argue for the sake of arguing, just say so. I'll lob you a meatball pitch and get you off to a better start than this strawman / pivot play you're making.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

I think the highest odds on this gmae point to the Jets getting it wrong no matter what happens.

This is what I've been saying, but you know... "some people" can't talk about anything without planting everyone firmly in group A or group B. 

I think group C represents the most pragmatic outlook on the situation, based on history, unchanging variables (like ownership), and well... reality.

1 hour ago, LionelRichie said:

I skipped like 3 pages so this could have already been covered but this is one of the dumbest threads on a site filled with dumb threads....like jetsrule128 or peternorth dumb. 

Do you really still think that who you root for determines the outcome of the game?   You are on the same plane as my 5 year old.....congrats. 

Ok, you just called me stupid based on an absolute ******* idiotic interpretation of what I'm saying. You sir, are a dumbass. Congrats. 

The fact that you think that is what I'm saying says more about you than me. I'm shocked you didn't spell plane "plain". 

Gasty, though I appreciate your love for the Jets and your passion for debate, I'd like to add some things. Maybe I'm just repeating others' statements, I don't know, but I'll give it a whirl. From the POV of a lurker.

I haven't noticed too many people thinking this team will win win win. I think most fans understand that this team has a fairly low ceiling at this point. It's higher now than during the preseason, but such is life in the NFL at the moment. The Bears played the Falcons tight, the Jags beat the Steelers, the Jets beat the Jags but would probably lose to the Steelers. We got outplayed by the damn Browns but still won. That win, as it turns out, wasn't really up to the Jets. Being happy or sad about it doesn't really matter because what's going to happen, will.

I completely understand your desire for a winless season and a higher draft pick. I really do. I would love to have the first pick in what (right now) appears to be a pretty good one for QBs. I get it. I think you understand that the top pick in the draft doesn't guarantee anything. If don't already, please try to understand that. A higher draft pick doesn't get you a better chance of landing a good QB. I think it goes a little further than that. Since a top QB is not a guarantee, let's say for argument's sake that Rosen has a 65% chance of becoming a franchise QB for the Jets and Darnold has a 47.5% chance (that number will change depending on the team that takes them). All that a higher draft pick gets you is a better chance of getting a better chance- maybe. So, although your stance isn't flawed necessarily, neither is the stance of those who don't think those odds are strong enough to hope for losses.

Asking folks to put money on it is just not the way to go. We're all betting on it in one way or another whether we're wagering money, or time, or mental strife. All of us have wants for this team. Some go along with yours, some don't. Neither is invalid.

Myself? I won't take your bet. Mostly because I'm poor and don't make bets, but otherwise because I feel it won't make a difference in the end (I understand that's the point of a bet) as far as the nature of my fandom. I'd rather see the Jets win. I can't help it. IMO, 4-12 is the lowest record I'll accept without being mad at the team (2 wins v the Pats and 2 wins v the Dolphins). Rooting for losses when I have no idea whether I'll be alive next summer seems a fool's task (not calling you a fool).

All in all, I would say, just take a step back my friend. We all know your view as you've made it pretty clear. Have a beer and cheer on our Jets next weekend against the stinking Pats. United.

It's just sports.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

If you want to argue for the sake of arguing, just say so.

I don't see anything to argue over at this point.  

I love me some Warfish, but this is spot on.

Not even close mate.  :rolleyes:  Pretty clear I've made quite a few folks butthurt tho.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't see anything to argue over at this point.  

Not even close mate.  :rolleyes:  Pretty clear I've made quite a few folks butthurt tho.

There never was anything to argue about. You replied to something I said with some weird deflection-ey type blabber and have since tucked tail.

And for the record, you have butthurt anyone. You’re not yourself, you’re quite touchy, and it’s clear in your tone. It’s cool. Hope all is well.

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Man I am sick of these jerk-off guys whining every friggin week. They beat 2 teams that are pretty bad. If Kizer doesn't sh*t the bed in the red zone the Jets lose this game. They didn't win because they played well they won because the Browns blew it. Look at their schedule coming up. IMHO they have a shot to win 1-2 games max. They would have the same record if Petty played as I don't feel McCown is that much better than him. I don't believe they will beat the Patriots next week. I will be ROOTING for them to do it though and hope they will but lets be realistic here. They are a young team(except for McCown) and all you can ask is that they shown some growth and some guys develop into NFL starters. If a few more wins come as a result of that so be it. Bitchin' about draft picks at this stage of the game or pining for young unproven QB's(one who may not even come out) is just friggin idiocy. The more you rant the dumber you sound. Do us all a favor STFU.

I don't care what side of the issue anyone is on. But there is a better way to make a point. Without all the personal attacks. That is garbage.

11 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

"You can't cherry pick games," says the guy who gets real tough about such bets only after what were always seen as the 3 most winnable games of the season have passed.

But sure, you go ahead and enjoy your little temper tantrum.

LOL!!!

And why would people bet without the spread when the Jets are going to be getting points in most of the games? Comical.

37 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Man, this post hasn't been locked yet?  Max and the mods must have taken a day off...

I went to lock it earlier but I had to take care of something else and never got back to it.

We don't have enough moderators here right now. It is something we are looking into.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I’ll mod for ya, how much you pay?

It is $2995 upfront, one-time fee. And then a monthly subscription cost of $150.

That is all you would have to pay me to be a moderator here.

I have seen your W2 you can afford it.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is $2995 upfront, one-time fee. And then a monthly subscription cost of $150.

That is all you would have to pay me to be a moderator here.

I have seen your W2 you can afford it.

I am a very rich man in Hondorus, I have the money in an account. I will PayPal 10x the money you are asking for. I just want me and my friend @Sperm Edwards to be covered for 2 years as moderators. Please send me your PayPal address and I will send you the money.

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It would be my best credit. lol

I still think you should run our YouTube channel.

Angelo in a supermarket walking up to people. A new version of the man on the street interviews.

Hi, you might know me from the Soprano's or the hit show Gotham. You might also know me from JetNation where I am a moderator, yes JetNation where the guy who wrote Game of Thrones posts. But none of that is important right now.

WHY ARE THE JETS WINNING GAMES?

Don't they want to draft Darnold Rosen next year?

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I still think you should run our YouTube channel.

Angelo in a supermarket walking up to people. A new version of the man on the street interviews.

Hi, you might know me from the Soprano's or the hit show Gotham. You might also know me from JetNation where I am a moderator, yes JetNation where the guy who wrote Game of Thrones posts. But none of that is important right now.

WHY ARE THE JETS WINNING GAMES?

Don't they want to draft Darnold Rosen next year?

My first interview: Joe Namath. Can we get that to happen again?

ps Boardwalk Empire not Sopranos

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

My first interview: Joe Namath. Can we get that to happen again?

ps Boardwalk Empire not Sopranos

My bad on the HBO confusion.

Highlight of your interview with Joe Namath was Joe Namath actually hating Tom Shane.

I had to make the deal of a lifetime to get the Joe Namath interview. Basically gave them free advertising for months. Put together this insane proposal, did like 4 phone calls to sell it and eventually closed it. 

One of the proudest moments of my professional career.

T0mShane decides that the interview was important enough to do it on his morning drive in to work. Damn tunnels, who knew that cell phones don't work in tunnels? 

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I had to make the deal of a lifetime to get the Joe Namath interview. Basically gave them free advertising for months. Put together this insane proposal, did like 4 phone calls to sell it and eventually closed it. 

One of the proudest moments of my professional career.

T0mShane decides that the interview was important enough to do it on his morning drive in to work. Damn tunnels, who knew that cell phones don't work in tunnels? 

I did the interview in my underwear at home. One of the most surreal moments of my life. I think we would have hit our stride if we were left to continue. I would have eventually learned to stop yelling. I blame Shane.

There never was anything to argue about. You replied to something I said with some weird deflection-ey type blabber and have since tucked tail.

Tucked tail, got it.

And for the record, you have butthurt anyone. You’re not yourself, you’re quite touchy, and it’s clear in your tone. It’s cool. Hope all is well.

Psychoanalysis now?  

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I went to lock it earlier but I had to take care of something else and never got back to it.

We don't have enough moderators here right now. It is something we are looking into.

Sign me up....I went to the Bobby Brady school of hall monitoring.  I can do it coach!

image.png

20 hours ago, Maddog45 said:

There isn't a specific answer that's logical to your question. Point blank people against the tank with a team lead by Josh McClown are IDIOTS. I'm not afraid to say it , especially when it's the truth. Funny thing is if he retires next year , who would the qb be, cousins isn't coming here, Alex smith staying until Mahomes is ready. We're gonna have to go thru a tank season eventually , winning now only pushes that back , it's unavoidable . This is the year of the qb, and they ****ed it off already

There's no logical reason to root for your beloved tank, either. How you root has exactly zero impact on the result of the games, same as me. So I root for them to win on Sunday because it tends to brighten my day, and if they lose I'm content because I know that has a positive impact on their draft position next year. Getting mad because the team is winning, or mad at other Jet fans who like to see the Jets win is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

There's no logical reason to root for your beloved tank, either. How you root has exactly zero impact on the result of the games, same as me. So I root for them to win on Sunday because it tends to brighten my day, and if they lose I'm content because I know that has a positive impact on their draft position next year. Getting mad because the team is winning, or mad at other Jet fans who like to see the Jets win is ridiculous. 

So you enjoy only being happy 5 weeks of the season because of a win? Those 5 games THIS YEAR means something , the best qbs darnold and Rosen are going 1-2 , we miss out because of those games, if it wasn't year of the qb and like a defensive end is the top pick who gives a damn , it's THIS year that the tank needs to happen 

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

Most likely this. And of course maybe the stars finally align and they get lucky w the #9 overall. But still, I just don't care about 7 wins vs 3 wins with McCown at QB this year. I'd prefer the #1 so whoever that top prospect is, would be there's. Looks like that's not the case.

I agree with this. Been my biggest complaint all season that McCown is in the starting lineup. But it was inevitable. The early part of the season had the easiest games, McCown was gonna win two or three, and Bowles would keep him in there because best chance to win. It's frustrating. Still not gonna root against the team on Sunday, though. 

8 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

So you enjoy only being happy 5 weeks of the season because of a win? Those 5 games THIS YEAR means something , the best qbs darnold and Rosen are going 1-2 , we miss out because of those games, if it wasn't year of the qb and like a defensive end is the top pick who gives a damn , it's THIS year that the tank needs to happen 

It beats the **** out of getting pissed off when the Jets win. As GL said in this thread, he's miserable on Sundays. I have no need or desire to do that to myself. Hopefully, Mayfield, Allen, or Jackson is the real deal and the Jets land the right guy. I prefer Rothlisberger to Eli or Rivers, Rogers to Smith. It's not always the consensus #1 who becomes the best of class. In the meantime, I'm not mad or sad. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

I agree with this. Been my biggest complaint all season that McCown is in the starting lineup. But it was inevitable. The early part of the season had the easiest games, McCown was gonna win two or three, and Bowles would keep him in there because best chance to win. It's frustrating. Still not gonna root against the team on Sunday, though. 

There's different groups of the tank prospect. I don't watch the game necessarily rooting for or against and like seeing certain players making plays. I'm just overseeing the game hoping the other team inevitably wins. 

It's not exciting win or loss, it's just an empty season vacant of any real emotion but knowing they'd be better of losing than winning. Pats will be more of a struggle to root against them and at this point they're close to being mired at around #5-8 anyway. Not sure how I'll handle the game until it's on really. Wasn't exciting for me to beat the Jags  on what should have been a loss if not for holding and the Browns who threw away the game.

and I don't care how other people want to watch the game. I understand both sides. But the one's complaining about the tank crowd I find endearing yet annoying 

2 hours ago, slats said:

If I go to a restaurant and get served a sh*t sandwich because the goofball at the next table doesn't know how to read the menu I'm gonna get mad.

Archived