Time to put your money where your mouths are

Gastineau Lives

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

And I'm the child.

If you don't think the quality of wins matters, I don't know what to tell you.  We got destroyed by the worst team in football. If you think that portends well for the future when the QB that led that victory is Josh McCown, then play with your own mind. I see it for what it is.

If the pacifier fits, suck it.

No one expected anything from this team this year. The fact that they are getting a lot of young players experience is a building block to the future. Plus winning breeds a healthy environment , its makes the players hungry for more . Sure would it be great if it was one of our two young QB's playing and winning - absolutely.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

If the pacifier fits, suck it.

No one expected anything from this team this year. The fact that they are getting a lot of young players experience is a building block to the future. Plus winning breeds a healthy environment , its makes the players hungry for more . Sure would it be great if it was one of our two young QB's playing and winning - absolutely.

If one of our two young QB's was playing and contributing to winning,  I'd be all over it.

If you think the ad hominem attacks help your argument, they don't. They make YOU sound like the ******* child.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Sitting in front of the TV and rooting for the Jets to win is a different thing than believing they can win more than three more games this season. 

Was waiting for somebody to say it so I didn’t have to.  Thought I was gonna have to read the whole thread for a second.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Was waiting for somebody to say it so I didn’t have to.  Thought I was gonna have to read the whole thread for a second.

Thanks!

So, to be clear, you KNOW that they are not winning more than five or six games and you are hoping for them to reach those five or six. Or do you KNOW that they're not winning five or six games but hoping that somehow, they do? Or are you rooting for ten wins? How many are you rooting for, exactly? You look at the schedule and go, sh*t we can't beat the Patriots, but I sure HOPE we do?

If that's the case, why stop at a handful of wins? Why not go all the way to a Super Bowl? Or is THAT silly?

36 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Question: Is this a good place to point out that the same folks who have been bitching about needing a REAL ULTIMATE REBUILD are the same ones now rooting for us to go .500?

There is no place for common sense here dude. FFS stop confusing people. 

59 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh so being a jets fan all these years has been one long session in Zen Buddhism? Fak awf, you liar. Sell that sh*t somewhere else, BLEEDING green .

You: I BLEEEED GREEN

Also you: I believe you're overreacting, young man.

Everyone gets into in the midst of the games, there's no denying that.

That's pretty far off from a day later feeling the need for a stage on which to throw a fit towards everyone else, because it didn't go the way you wanted.  You're not even really making any sort of argument here, but rather going on some sort of nonsensical rant as to why people should give you money if the Jets don't finish the season with a winning record.

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Question: Is this a good place to point out that the same folks who have been bitching about needing a REAL ULTIMATE REBUILD are the same ones now rooting for us to go .500?

Question:  Is this a good place to point out that the same folks who all offseason long demanded we simply must tank for Sam Darnold mostly now want someone else?

By draft day the hype will change a dozen times.  It's not impossible a 4-12 Jets get Sam Darnold at pick #6.

Tis why getting so worked up over it, now, is so silly.

And again, does rooting for losses make losses happen?  If not, why do it?

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Bc being mired in mediocrity has worked out so well for the Jets.

Bc tanking for the #1 pick has worked out so well for the Browns?

I'll take the Jets mediocrity over the Browns endless cycle of worst-in-NFL failure, and won't feel bad at all doing it.

A higher draft slot or two does not =/= guarantee of success!

Just now, HessStation said:

Bc being mired in mediocrity has worked out so well for the Jets.

It's the endless loop of an argument. They'll point out examples of qbs past the top ten that are good and that the Jets have just passed on the good ones. 

Completely ignoring the fact that the Jets have, you know, habitually passed on good qbs in favor of low value positions for decades and the one time this current brain trust went qb they took hack in the 2nd. 

26 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If one of our two young QB's was playing and contributing to winning,  I'd be all over it.

If you think the ad hominem attacks help your argument, they don't. They make YOU sound like the ******* child.

Maybe you should heed your own advice then .

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Everyone gets into in the midst of the games, there's no denying that.

That's pretty far off from a day later feeling the need for a stage on which to throw a fit towards everyone else, because it didn't go the way you wanted.  You're not even really making any sort of argument here, but rather going on some sort of nonsensical rant as to why people should give you money if the Jets don't finish the season with a winning record.

I am totally making an argument. If you see nonsense in it, that is not on me. I've stated in other threads exactly how I feel.

In short. This winning streak is a mirage. It means nothing about what kind of team we have. Winning these games, while not meaningless, but is pretty close.

You call it a rant. I make statements. I am rooting for something concrete. You are rooting for something nebulous.

Go ahead and find where I attack your personality.

And yup, I'd be giddy as a mfer. Moist? Oh, you mean that I'm a GIRL. That's ******* clever. I guess that makes you both right AND a man. Or maybe you're a compensating bitch?

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

I am totally making an argument. If you see nonsense in it, that is not on me. I've stated in other threads exactly how I feel.

In short. This winning streak is a mirage. It means nothing about what kind of team we have. Winning these games, while not meaningless, but is pretty close.

You call it a rant. I make statements.

The topic of this thread that you felt the need to create is about why people should give you money if the Jets don't finish above .500, which is most certainly 100% on you.  That is what you are quite justifiably being mocked for in the responses.

If you made a statement as simple as the one in this post, the response would have been quite different, but you instead opted to go off the deep end, and now are trying to play yourself off as some poor innocent victim.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The topic of this thread that you felt the need to create is about why people should give you money if the Jets don't finish above .500, which is most certainly 100% on you.  That is what you are quite justifiably being mocked for in the responses.

If you made a statement as simple as the one in this post, the response would have been quite different, but you instead opted to go off the deep end, and now are trying to play yourself off as some poor innocent victim.

I'm doing nothing of the kind. Where do I sound like a poor innocent victim? I'm a big boy, I'll debate every single ******* one of you by myself.

But yeah, if you really believe that this team is good enough to compete for a division then yes you should put up or shut the **** up because you not really believe the things you say you do.

....if you really believe that this team is good enough to compete for a division....

Dude.

No one thinks this team is good enough to do that.

Most sane people also get it now that they're not bad enough to lose 16 games.

At some point you got to accept that what is, is.  

All this heartache is just pointless.  We'll be what we'll be, and pick where we pick.

Maybe channel all that anger into thinking about what QB options will be at pick #6-#10, eh?  At least that's interesting and within the realm of reality.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Dude.

No one thinks this team is good enough to do that.

Most sane people also get it now that they're not bad enough to lose 16 games.

At some point you got to accept that what is, is.  

All this heartache is just pointless.  We'll be what we'll be, and pick where we pick.

Maybe channel all that anger into thinking about what QB options will be at pick #6-#10, eh?  At least that's interesting and within the realm of reality.

Fair enough, man. I just think that they WERE bad enough to lose these last two games and somehow did not. After thirty six years of not having consistent GOOD QB play, let alone GREAT QB play, I'm just about over it with this team. And that sucks.

Some of you (most) actually CHEERING for that, when you damn well KNOW that the ceiling for this team is six wins FROM THE GET GO, drives me a little crazy.

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Bc tanking for the #1 pick has worked out so well for the Browns?

I'll take the Jets mediocrity over the Browns endless cycle of worst-in-NFL failure, and won't feel bad at all doing it.

A higher draft slot or two does not =/= guarantee of success!

Your standards are too high for me slow your roll

It is so, so, sad what some of the conversation of this board has devolved to. This dick-swinging thread starter is going to debate all of the dumb ****** and tell them exactly where they are wrong. 

It is his determination of when the Jets win, and when they lose, and exactly how they should go about in building for the future. He will tell everyone when the winning is right, when it is wrong. Just listen to him. His is the only way.

So sad.

30 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

It's the endless loop of an argument. They'll point out examples of qbs past the top ten that are good and that the Jets have just passed on the good ones. 

Completely ignoring the fact that the Jets have, you know, habitually passed on good qbs in favor of low value positions for decades and the one time this current brain trust went qb they took hack in the 2nd. 

It's pretty simple, the higher the pick the higher the odds. Just bc there is no guarantee or history of suckage doesn't change that their likelihood of finding the best QB in the draft next yr is less likely every time they win a meanjngless game this year.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

It is so, so, sad what some of the conversation of this board has devolved to. This dick-swinging thread starter is going to debate all of the dumb ****** and tell them exactly where they are wrong. 

It is his determination of when the Jets win, and when they lose, and exactly how they should go about in building for the future. He will tell everyone when the winning is right, when it is wrong. Just listen to him. His is the only way.

So sad.

I'm the nicest guy in the world, actually. I was making a point. And not a one of the rah rah crowd has offered to bet me, which proves my point. You KNOW they are not winning more than six games, yet are HOPING we get to those six wins. To me, that is absolutely senseless.

But yeah, this Jets team is so bad that they got outgained by the Browns by  a 2-1 margin. So yeah, in this case winning is losing. I don't think one has to believe they are God to recognize that.

I'm the nicest guy in the world, actually. I was making a point. And not a one of the rah rah crowd has offered to bet me, which proves my point. You KNOW they are not winning more than six games, yet are HOPING we get to those six wins. To me, that is absolutely senseless.

But yeah, this Jets team is so bad that they got outgained by the Browns by  a 2-1 margin. So yeah, in this case winning is losing. I don't think one has to believe they are God to recognize that.

As long as I have you telling what I think, and how I should think, I know we are all covered. In fact, all other accounts should be shut down but yours.

Thanks for being a nice guy.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

As long as I have you telling what I think, and how I should think, I know we are all covered. In fact, all other accounts should be shut down but yours.

Thanks for being a nice guy.

Yup, I'm the first person to ever argue for or against anything on this DISCUSSION forum.

Maybe you should express a though so we can discuss that?

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yup, I'm the first person to ever argue for or against anything on this DISCUSSION forum.

Arguing for or against anything is never wrong. Telling people how they should think, and to only think in your way, otherwise they are foolish, may be taken slightly a different way.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Arguing for or against anything is never wrong. Telling people how they should think, and to only think in your way, otherwise they are foolish, may be taken slightly a different way.

Am I the first to imply that someone's argument was foolish?

Isn't it implied that when you debate someone over a point, what they SHOULD be thinking? Did I invent this?

Archived