Time to put your money where your mouths are

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

You may want to check your ego at the door first.

It only seems like my ego is big because I'm basically fighting ten of you by myself, so naturally, the focus of attention.

Was the thread a bit vitriolic? Sure, but it's not because I have a big ego. Or maybe it is, I don't know, that's for Freud to figure out.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

So, basically, my point was proven. Not one of you actually believes the Jets can get to 8 wins or more. Not a one. You have no credibility. Not a one.

You basically have argued in this thread that a "win" on the scoreboard, does not even equate a win, based upon your world of reality. So, what are we we to even believe a win notates in your exercise? 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You basically have argued in this thread that a "win" on the scoreboard, does not even equate a win, based upon your world of reality. So, what are we we to even believe a win notates in your exercise? 

Sometimes a win is a loss, yes. You have the right to feel otherwise, I've just bestowed that upon you. Don't respond with a thank-you, I know you appreciate it and thank-you's are so tiresome to us genius immortals.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Sometimes a win is a loss, yes. You have the right to feel otherwise, I've just bestowed that upon you. Don't respond with a thank-you, I know you appreciate it and thank-you's are so tiresome to us geniuses.

Thus, a loss can also mean a win sometimes. I now changed my whole opinion of Rex Ryan. We won 2 Super Bowls recently folks! My fandom feels so much better now.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's simply not accurate.  

You can cling to it like a drowning man clings to a tree branch, but it's just not accurate.

Wait, dude, are you saying that you don't think draft position matters? You're going to point to the Browns, I know. Can I then point to the Jaguars defense?

3 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Okay, here's the deal you lucky devils. I am offering to bet anyone that is interested on the rest of the season. 20 bucks a game. The catch is, you can't cherry pick games you must take the rest of the season as a whole. So, for example:

If the Jets go 6-5 the rest of the way, I owe you 20 bucks. If they go 5-6, you owe me 20. We'll exchange Pay Pal info at the end of the season and you can all take my money.

Easy money, right? Unless you don't believe the Jets can get to 8-8, if you are just talking out of your a$$hole and ARE actually rooting for a six win team but won't admit it. In that case, perhaps you should just shut the **** up, no?

I'm serious about the bets, though. Let me know in this thread if you'd like to take my money.

Lol, to be a fair bet you would need to provide like 2 to 1 odds at least.

So, basically, my point was proven. Not one of you actually believes the Jets can get to 8 wins or more. Not a one. You have no credibility. Not a one.

Your entire argument is a strawman, which featured multiple trips off the deep end.  You are arguing this point with no one, because the position you are making proclamations about simply does not exist.  However, if it makes you feel better to celebrate your own fictitious battle, then congratulations I guess.  Unfortunately, I assure you no one has the intention of paying you for this triumphant victory, despite your demands otherwise.

And not to get all mathematical on you, but your asinine wager offer would have meant you still getting paid even if the Jets did reach 8-8, given your bravery to only offer to gamble after what was long since known as the easiest stretch of the Jets' schedule.

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

Just playing by the rules you set down. Changes the way I look at everything now.

Ok. Say the Jets were playing a middle school football team and that middle school football team outgained the Jets by 500 yards, but every time they within five yards of the goal line, their quarterback threw the ball directly to guys in green jerseys because she likes the color green and when she wasnt doing that, the kicker was kicking the ball directly into the long snappers ass just for the fun of it. At halftime, the coach decided he would put in a quarterback that actually liked to score and the Jets won by three points.

Is that a win?

What happened yesterday is a degree of that.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Ok. Say the Jets were playing a middle school football team and that middle school football team outgained the Jets by 500 yards, but every time they within five yards of the goal line, their quarterback threw the ball directly to guys in green jerseys because she likes the color green and when she wasnt doing that, the kicker was kicking the ball directly into the long snappers ass just for the fun of it. At halftime, the coach decided he would put in a quarterback that actually liked to score and the Jets won by three points.

Is that a win?

A win is a win but the Jets aren't destroying anyone by far. We are beating some very bad football teams, not complaining but the truth is the truth. 

16 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Your entire argument is a strawman, which featured multiple trips off the deep end.  You are arguing this point with no one, because the position you are making proclamations about simply does not exist.  However, if it makes you feel better to celebrate your own fictitious battle, then congratulations I guess.  Unfortunately, I assure you no one has the intention of paying you for this triumphant victory, despite your demands otherwise.

And not to get all mathematical on you, but your asinine wager offer would have meant you still getting paid even if the Jets did reach 8-8, given your bravery to only offer to gamble after what was long since known as the easiest stretch of the Jets' schedule.

Your writing skills are great. Your ability to reason and your reading comprehension is horrible. I don't even know where to begin. It's like you're Chuck Wepner trying to wear me out with stupidity.

You say nothing concrete, you stay bullet proof that way. Your only argument seems to be "Oh you crazy. I think you is crazy."

What is the straw man argument I'm making? NO ONE is saying the Jets can beat the Pats? And if there ARE those that are saying we can beat the Pats, then who CAN'T we beat?

Is that a win?

Like I said earlier, good to know that so many Jet flubs that cost them games in the past, especially against poor teams. are now actually WINS. Why is this fan base so upset? 

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So, to be clear, you KNOW that they are not winning more than five or six games and you are hoping for them to reach those five or six. Or do you KNOW that they're not winning five or six games but hoping that somehow, they do? Or are you rooting for ten wins? How many are you rooting for, exactly? You look at the schedule and go, sh*t we can't beat the Patriots, but I sure HOPE we do?

If that's the case, why stop at a handful of wins? Why not go all the way to a Super Bowl? Or is THAT silly?

Nobody knows anything, really.  I believe they'll only win a couple more games, but what I believe doesn't have to be the same thing that I want.  I'm rooting for them to never lose another game for the rest of my life, but I don't believe that will happen.

40 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm the nicest guy in the world, actually. I was making a point. And not a one of the rah rah crowd has offered to bet me, which proves my point. You KNOW they are not winning more than six games, yet are HOPING we get to those six wins. To me, that is absolutely senseless.

But yeah, this Jets team is so bad that they got outgained by the Browns by  a 2-1 margin. So yeah, in this case winning is losing. I don't think one has to believe they are God to recognize that.

What's actually senseless is getting all upset about how other people root for the team, as if it somehow influences the outcome of the games. 

Just now, AFJF said:

Nobody knows anything, really.  I believe they'll only win a couple more games, but what I believe doesn't have to be the same thing that I want.  I'm rooting for them to never lose another game for the rest of my life, but I don't believe that will happen.

Yeah, but Glenn, when we are talking about this season, specifically and if you believe that Darnold or Rosen have a great chance to be the franchise quarterback we've needed forever, you are hoping to reach something that you logically know is not possible, so you are actually hoping to get to those five or six wins and ensure more mediocrity.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

There is no place for common sense here dude. FFS stop confusing people. 

If a real ULTIMATE rebuild means you have to go 1-15 for three years straight to HOPEFULLY get every single draft pick right, then no, I'm not interested. That's 48 games in 3 years. Darnold has gone from darling to dolt in 4 weeks, Rosen doesn't even know if he likes football,lol. Who the f*ck knows, this sh*t is all luck like Aaron Rogers lasting until the 24th pick, or Brady in the 6th, or Dak Prescott, or the 49ers giving up on Alex Smith, and on & on. My god some kid named Baker Mayfield might be the best QB in this upcoming draft or Josh Allen, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph, maybe Jackson f*cks you guys all up & becomes another Randall Cunningham. None of you guys know sh*t about the true future in the NFL for these guys. That's why Derek Carr was taken in the 2nd round pick 36! He should have been taken in the god damn 1st round by the Jets instead of that loser Calvin Pryor @ 18. Some of these guys are stabs in the dark, Jets just gotta keep swinging, but asking a professional team to lose on purpose? Who do you think we are the Indianapolis Colts? Yea, they got luck, but they STILL SUCK! Jets are building a TEAM. Remember a guy in Indy who was a huge pc to their Super Bowl puzzle, a guy named Bob Sanders? You gotta have more than JUST a QB, lets hope we find one & the team is also ready to soar.

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If a real ULTIMATE rebuild means you have to go 1-15 for three years straight to HOPEFULLY get every single draft pick right, then no, I'm not interested. That's 48 games in 3 years. Darnold has gone from darling to dolt in 4 weeks, Rosen doesn't even know if he likes football,lol. Who the f*ck knows, this sh*t is all luck like Aaron Rogers lasting until the 24th pick, or Brady in the 6th, or Dak Prescott, or the 49ers giving up on Alex Smith, and on & on. My god some kid named Baker Mayfield might be the best QB in this upcoming draft or Josh Allen, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph, maybe Jackson f*cks you guys all up & becomes another Randall Cunningham. None of you guys know sh*t about the true future in the NFL for these guys. That's why Derek Carr was taken in the 2nd round pick 36! He should have been taken in the god damn 1st round by the Jets instead of that loser Calvin Pryor @ 18. Some of these guys are stabs in the dark, Jets just gotta keep swinging, but asking a professional team to lose on purpose? Who do you think we are the Indianapolis Colts? Yea, they got luck, but they STILL SUCK! Jets are building a TEAM. Remember a guy in Indy who was a huge pc to their Super Bowl puzzle, a guy named Bob Sanders? You gotta have more than JUST a QB, lets hope we find one & the team is also ready to soar.

That's the whole thing. It comes down to what you think of Darnold or Rosen. If you don't like them, it's draft position shmaft position and you get to enjoy the season and the W's against the Browns, Bortles and Cutlers.

If you think they're going to be franchise QB's, everything ain't so rosy.

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, but Glenn, when we are talking about this season, specifically and if you believe that Darnold or Rosen have a great chance to be the franchise quarterback we've needed forever, you are hoping to reach something that you logically know is not possible, so you are actually hoping to get to those five or six wins and ensure more mediocrity.

Put your money where your mouth is.

I will put up $500 to your $500. If both Darnold and Rosen both make the pro football Hall of fame, I will pay you. If they both don't, you pay me.

Stand up to what you believe.

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Your writing skills are great. Your ability to reason and your reading comprehension is horrible. I don't even know where to begin. It's like you're Chuck Wepner trying to wear me out with stupidity.

You say nothing concrete, you stay bullet proof that way. Your only argument seems to be "Oh you crazy. I think you is crazy."

What is the straw man argument I'm making? NO ONE is saying the Jets can beat the Pats? And if there those that are saying we can beat the Pats, then who CAN'T we beat?

Your entire thread is based on the premise that people are proclaiming that the Jets are on pace to finish the season with a winning record.  However, the only place that argument exists is a fabrication within your own mind.  Other than that, you've had rants about what these supposed people believe, and why your fabrication of their opinions makes them wrong, while being self-congratulatory for your proclaimed win over a nonexistent opposition.

The funny thing is I can actually understand the general concept of some people hoping for the top pick, despite me not being particularly obsessed with it myself.  However, this thread takes the general idea of that, and turns it into an entirely nonsensical rant that is seriously in contention for some of the dumbest ever written here, which is not easy to do.

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I guess I invented getting cantankerous in this forum. I'm a trailblazer.

No, you're not. You're just another lousy thread starter. Pretty common, actually. 

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Your entire thread is based on the premise that people are proclaiming that the Jets are on pace to finish the season with a winning record.  However, the only place that argument exists is a fabrication within your own mind.  Other than that, you've had rants about what these supposed people believe, and why your fabrication of their opinions makes them wrong, while being self-congratulatory for your proclaimed win over a nonexistent opposition.

The funny thing is I can actually understand the general concept of some people hoping for the top pick, despite me not being particularly obsessed with it myself.  However, this thread takes the general idea of that, and turns it into an entirely nonsensical rant that is seriously in contention for some of the dumbest ever written here, which is not easy to do.

It is not dumb. It is dumb because you cannot reason, which I blame on your parents, genetics or whatever. Stop calling me dumb. You are not smart.

If they are NOT on pace to finish with a winning record, then WHAT are they on pace to do? What is the best case scenario? 7-9? 6-10? How does that help? How does beating a horrific team that outgained you by a 2-1 margin because their rookie QB was horrific and their kicker couldn't make a field goal while yours made a last second 57 yarder, help your team. What does it SAY about your team?

You blame me for reading the thoughts of my fellow posters, yet that is EXACTLY what you are doing with the same amount of information that I have.

1 minute ago, slats said:

No, you're not. You're just another lousy thread starter. Pretty common, actually. 

My threads are good. You're wrong. I know you're brilliant, but hey, you can be wrong, right? I made my point. You do not recognize it because you do not care to, it does not serve you at all.

So no, not a bad thread.

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Easy money, right? Unless you don't believe the Jets can get to 8-8, if you are just talking out of your a**hole and ARE actually rooting for a six win team but won't admit it. In that case, perhaps you should just shut the **** up, no?

Seriously dude?  Adjust the Ritalin levels or take a ******* nap. 

Calling fans out because the Jets have won three games?  This fan base reaches new lows every day.

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Seriously dude?  Adjust the Ritalin levels or take a ******* nap. 

Calling fans out because the Jets have won three games?  This fan base reaches new lows every day.

Hey a$$hole, do not tell me that I take drugs, you piece of sh*t.

That is reaching a low. You are garbage.

11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Put your money where your mouth is.

I will put up $500 to your $500. If both Darnold and Rosen both make the pro football Hall of fame, I will pay you. If they both don't, you pay me.

Stand up to what you believe.

@Gastineau Lives Before you get banned here, I would like this bet to be of record. Put your money where your mouth is.

Archived