Time to put your money where your mouths are

Gastineau Lives

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, but Glenn, when we are talking about this season, specifically and if you believe that Darnold or Rosen have a great chance to be the franchise quarterback we've needed forever, you are hoping to reach something that you logically know is not possible, so you are actually hoping to get to those five or six wins and ensure more mediocrity.

A few things....It’s like I said a few weeks ago, I can’t bring myself to root against the Jets.  

Probably in part because I had the same thought process as the tank guys when I was younger.  I’d hope for losses to get high draft picks.

Then one day I realized that it made me a crappy fan (IMO, of course), and the fact that the Jets usually came away with terrible players no matter where they picked didn’t help.

And further more, I am in absolute 100% complete denial of any possibility that the Jets go in to next season without one of two things...

1) A proven vet such as Cousins or Smith.

2) A blue chip QB prospect that Mac will trade up for if necessary.

In my mind, it’s a done deal.  If it doesn’t happen, then I’m off the Mac bandwagon.  He’s gotta make it happen.  Hell, even Bridgewater would be fine IMO.

I am rooting for the long term health of the franchise. What I believe to be good for the long term health of the franchise. I can be completely wrong, but the evidence thus far tells me that these wins are fools gold. So, yeah, I would like them to have a franchise QB which is a MAJOR step to long term success. **** me, right?

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

My threads are good. You're wrong. I know you're brilliant, but hey, you can be wrong, right? I made my point. You do not recognize it because you do not care to, it does not serve you at all.

So no, not a bad thread.

You really made no point. Like BG said, it's a tiny fraction of fans who see this team as competing for the playoffs or a championship. Most people just like to see their favorite team win on Sunday. That's about it. Also, their wishes have no impact on the outcome of the games, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other, outside of bunching some other fans' panties. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

A few things....It’s like I said a few weeks ago, I can’t bring myself to root against the Jets.  

Probably in part because I had the same thought process as the tank guys when I was younger.  I’d hope for losses to get high draft picks.

Then one day I realized that it made me a crappy fan (IMO, of course), and the fact that the Jets usually came away with terrible players no matter where they picked didn’t help.

And further more, I am in absolute 100% complete denial of any possibility that the Jets go in to next season without one of two things...

In my mind, it’s a done deal.  If it doesn’t happen, then I’m off the Mac bandwagon.  He’s gotta make it happen.  Hell, even Bridgewater would be fine IMO.

I hope so, Glenn.

49 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

At least I said something. What have you contributed? They outgained us 2-1. If I would have said THAT you would have been lol ing all over the place, yet it happened.

So because I didn't make a prediction where I was off by 16 points that means I haven't contributed anything? Cool cool

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It is not dumb. It is dumb because you cannot reason, which I blame on your parents, genetics or whatever. Stop calling me dumb. You are not smart.

If they are NOT on pace to finish with a winning record, then WHAT are they on pace to do? What is the best case scenario? 7-9? 6-10? How does that help? How does beating a horrific team that outgained you by a 2-1 margin because their rookie QB was horrific and their kicker couldn't make a field goal while yours made a last second 57 yarder, help your team. What does it SAY about your team?

You blame me for reading the thoughts of my fellow posters, yet that is EXACTLY what you are doing with the same amount of information that I have.

You're doing a bang up job of proving the validity of your argument as you continue the throw the most child-like of tantrums.

The rest of your argument once again reverts back to the only thing you've done in the entirety of this thread, in between your complete meltdowns that is, which is to start applying random arguments to other people that simply do not exist.  I never said that the Jets were on pace for success this season, nor that a mediocre season was of any particular benefit.  None of that changes what has already happened, nor what will from here, and neither does your insistence that people pay you money or you'll dare to call them names while celebrating your self-proclaimed victory.

I am directly responding to your rants, meanwhile you're fabricating statements that do not exist and then flipping out at everyone else over them.

Just now, slats said:

You really made no point. Like BG said, it's a tiny fraction of fans who see this team as competing for the playoffs or a championship. Most people just like to see their favorite team win on Sunday. That's about it. Also, their wishes have no impact on the outcome of the games, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other, outside of bunching some other fans' panties. 

If they beat a good team, then fine. But these wins are losses in wins clothing, that's just my feeling about it. I don't think they really say much positive for the long term outlook of the team. That's how I feel about it.

We have gotten to a point where we are divided in what we think is best for the team and I have not started the vitriol. I've become the face of the tankers somehow, which I have invited.

I knew I should have just lurked here.

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I am rooting for the long term health of the franchise. What I believe to be good for the long term health of the franchise. I can be completely wrong, but the evidence thus far tells me that these wins are fools gold. So, yeah, I would like them to have a franchise QB which is a MAJOR step to long term success. **** me, right?

This is why I completely get where the tank guys are coming from.  It’s what I used to say when I rooted for draft position, so I get that aspect.  It’s logical.

However, when I saw how many good/great players were taken in every round, I lost interest in rooting against the Jets.

I know we can rip Mac for the disaster that is Hack, but a lot of the best GMs in the NFL have several misses at QB before they find one, and then they become “brilliant”...go figure. 

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

You're doing a bang up job of proving the validity of your argument as you continue the throw the most child-like of tantrums.

The rest of your argument once again reverts back to the only thing you've done in the entirety of this thread, in between your complete meltdowns that is, which is to start applying random arguments to other people that simply do not exist.  I never said that the Jets were on pace for success this season, nor that a mediocre season was of any particular benefit.  None of that changes what has already happened, nor what will from here, and neither does your insistence that people pay you money or you'll dare to call them names while celebrating your self-proclaimed victory.

I am directly responding to your rants, meanwhile you're fabricating statements that do not exist and then flipping out at everyone else over them.

You keep saying that. I am not throwing tantrums. Tantrums have no logic. I have logic. I am not melting down, you can say it over and over again but it will not be true, but that seems to be what you are best at. You try to invalidate whomever is your target by telling them they are ranting or melting down. It happens over and over. You are the best at it.

It's simple math:

If you do not believe that the team can win more than six games yet you hope they pull out fluke victories to get to those six victories, you ARE saying something. If you argue that you should always root for wins or you are not a real fan you ARE saying something. So do not tell me I am putting words in people's mouths or that I'm ranting.

If they beat a good team, then fine. But these wins are losses in wins clothing, that's just my feeling about it. I don't think they really say much positive for the long term outlook of the team. That's how I feel about it.

We have gotten to a point where we are divided in what we think is best for the team and I have not started the vitriol. I've become the face of the tankers somehow, which I have invited.

I knew I should have just lurked here.

I don't understand why you give a damn about the way other people root, or why you feel so determined to defend your POV. 

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

well now everyone knows why we havent had a franchise Qb.  Its obviously your fault since you didnt root for the jets to lose!!!  

I wouldnt be surprised if @Gastineau Lives has been drinking since the 1pm games yesterday.  #triggered

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't understand why you give a damn about the way other people root, or why you feel so determined to defend your POV. 

I'm unemployed, bored and waiting to see if my character on a major network tv show becomes a recurring one? I'm half Jewish and love to argue? I'm half Italian and like to fight?

Pick one.

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

well now everyone knows why we havent had a franchise Qb.  Its obviously your fault since you didnt root for the jets to lose!!!  

I wouldnt be surprised if @Gastineau Lives has been drinking since the 1pm games yesterday.  #triggered

Go **** yourself, strange person on the internet with no balls.

lol, hit a nerve with that one?

but hey, you are flailing winning an internet fight with 10 people. youre right, you are the tough guy ;) 

11 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You keep saying that. I am not throwing tantrums. Tantrums have no logic. I have logic. I am not melting down, you can say it over and over again but it will not be true, but that seems to be what you are best at. You try to invalidate whomever is your target by telling them they are ranting or melting down. It happens over and over. You are the best at it.

It's simple math:

If you do not believe that the team can win more than six games yet you hope they pull out fluke victories to get to those six victories, you ARE saying something. If you argue that you should always root for wins or you are not a real fan you ARE saying something. So do not tell me I am putting words in people's mouths or that I'm ranting.

Yes, no tantrums and a clear use of logic here.

So far, one out of every dozen or so posts you've made in this thread have attempted to make some sort of a point, but even then is completely reliant on you assigning opinions to others.  The rest of them are you going off the deep end.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Yes, no tantrums and a clear use of logic here.

So far, one out of every dozen or so posts you've made in this thread have attempted to make some sort of a point, but even then is completely reliant on you assigning opinions to others.  The rest of them are you going off the deep end.

I'm sorry, I should take the high road when people tell me I'm on medication, that I'm drinking, I'm triggered. That is low. That is bully faggot, internet tough guy sh*t.

Some of you are a bunch of ******* creeps.

I am not Falcon. I'm done here.

Enjoy the five wins and the awesome awesome quarterback we're getting.

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This is why I completely get where the tank guys are coming from.  It’s what I used to say when I rooted for draft position, so I get that aspect.  It’s logical.

However, when I saw how many good/great players were taken in every round, I lost interest in rooting against the Jets.

I know we can rip Mac for the disaster that is Hack, but a lot of the best GMs in the NFL have several misses at QB before they find one, and then they become “brilliant”...go figure. 

Finding a qb after first round is like hitting the lotto all the good ones, or best chance to be good top 5 , so if we wanna dictate who we choose we TANK. That logic of finding a player any round doesn't apply to qb since it's almost impossible

I'm sorry, I should take the high road when people tell me I'm on medication, that I'm drinking, I'm triggered. That is low. That is bully faggot, internet tough guy sh*t.

Some of you are a bunch of ******* creeps.

I am not Falcon. I'm done here.

Enjoy the five wins and the awesome awesome quarterback we're getting.

There's no talking to some idiots , that's why I come off the way I do , blunt and harsh. I don't take the PC approach and people hate me and down vote for it and I'm just being honest , they have me feeling like trump here lmaoo

1 minute ago, Maddog45 said:

There's no talking to some idiots , that's why I come off the way I do , blunt and harsh. I don't take the PC approach and people hate me and down vote for it and I'm just being honest , they have me feeling like trump here lmaoo

I don't agree with this. All I want to know, what I was trying to boil down, was what ARE the people who are rooting for wins against the Browns, Bortles and Cutler. What are they rooting for? What is the best possible (realistic) outcome? I still haven't gotten any kind of specific answer.

40 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Ughhhh.

Put your money where your mouth is. We both put up $500. If both Darnold and Rosen make the Pro football HOF, you win. If they don't. I win. Deal?

SO, @Gastineau Lives I suppose your reluctance to jump on this indicates you are what you chided others in this thread for, afraid to stand up to your convictions.

Telling

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

SO, @Gastineau Lives I suppose your reluctance to jump on this indicates you are what you chided others in this thread for, afraid to stand up to your convictions.

Telling

How about one of them becoming one of the top ten QBs in football? Would that be worth trading a game against the Cleveland Browns in October for?

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't agree with this. All I want to know, what I was trying to boil down, was what ARE the people who are rooting for wins against the Browns, Bortles and Cutler. What are they rooting for? What is the best possible (realistic) outcome? I still haven't gotten any kind of specific answer.

There isn't a specific answer that's logical to your question. Point blank people against the tank with a team lead by Josh McClown are IDIOTS. I'm not afraid to say it , especially when it's the truth. Funny thing is if he retires next year , who would the qb be, cousins isn't coming here, Alex smith staying until Mahomes is ready. We're gonna have to go thru a tank season eventually , winning now only pushes that back , it's unavoidable . This is the year of the qb, and they ****ed it off already

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

How about one of them becoming one of the top ten QBs in football? Would that be worth trading a game against the Cleveland Browns in October for?

We have to make it more black or white (like wins or losses in your case). Top ten is a subjective area.

Here, I will make it easier for you, both Rosen and Darnold need to make 5 Pro Bowls each. Pro Bowl is a rather easy thing these days, as there are such fluctuations.

Consider it taken?

14 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Finding a qb after first round is like hitting the lotto all the good ones, or best chance to be good top 5 , so if we wanna dictate who we choose we TANK. That logic of finding a player any round doesn't apply to qb since it's almost impossible

Jets will have a first round pick and history has shown that it doesn't have to be in the top 3 to get a QB.  Only in the last few seasons have desperate teams started to trade up to get one in the top two, and even then, there are examples of very good QB's going after that.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

We have to make it more black or white (like wins or losses in your case). Top ten is a subjective area.

Here, I will make it easier for you, both Rosen and Darnold need to make 5 Pro Bowls each. Pro Bowl is a rather easy thing these days, as there are such fluctuations.

Consider it taken?

I'm not saying they are guaranteed to become superstars. I am saying that I really want the chance to find out in a Jets uniform.

So how many game you got the Jets winning this year?

Just now, AFJF said:

Jets will have a first round pick and history has shown that it doesn't have to be in the top 3 to get a QB.  Only in the last few seasons have desperate teams started to trade up to get one in the top two, and even then, there are examples of very good QB's going after that.

Again, it comes down to how you feel about Darnold and/or Rosen.

I'm not saying they are guaranteed to become superstars. I am saying that I really want the chance to find out in a Jets uniform.

So how many game you got the Jets winning this year?

What, you mean there is no GUARANTEE these players will succeed? Again, what is you hissy fit about here? Talk a bout a paper tiger.

Archived