Time to put your money where your mouths are

Gastineau Lives

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Again, it comes down to how you feel about Darnold and/or Rosen.

True to a degree.  It'll come down to how the Jets fell about all of the QB's.  Maybe they're head over heals in love with Josh Allen despite his poor performance.  If they like a guy who might be there at 4 or 5 and they're picking 10th, they can move up.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

True to a degree.  It'll come down to how the Jets fell about all of the QB's.  Maybe they're head over heals in love with Josh Allen despite his poor performance.  If they like a guy who might be there at 4 or 5 and they're picking 10th, they can move up.

No they tried not taking the best qb crap with hackenburg and the guy is the epitome of trash , **** that get the best guy period luckily there are 2 guys that are equal to each other , but being same ol jets we get NONE

52 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If they beat a good team, then fine. But these wins are losses in wins clothing, that's just my feeling about it. I don't think they really say much positive for the long term outlook of the team. That's how I feel about it.

We have gotten to a point where we are divided in what we think is best for the team and I have not started the vitriol. I've become the face of the tankers somehow, which I have invited.

I knew I should have just lurked here.

So if the Jets beat a good team this year , you'll change your tune, are you really that fickle.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So if the Jets beat a good team this year , you'll change your tune, are you really that fickle.

Fickle is not a good adjective to use. Fickle refers to a subjective preference.

You think I like rooting against the Jets? It sucks. There is nothing fun about Sundays.

Now that they're out of the Rosen/Darnold sweepstakes, sure, let them go out and beat a good team and maybe I'll catch Jets fever.

Would have been right with them if Petty or Hackenberg were playing.

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Fickle is not a good adjective to use. Fickle refers to a subjective preference.

You think I like rooting against the Jets? It sucks. There is nothing fun about Sundays.

Now that they're out of the Rosen/Darnold sweepstakes, sure, let them go out and beat a good team and maybe I'll catch Jets fever.

You certainly seem to be enjoying it here , if not you wouldn't be defending your position so adamantly.

Wow - don't even know how to dissect this one . If they beat a good team maybe you'll catch Jet fever.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

You certainly seem to be enjoying it here , if not you wouldn't be defending your position so adamantly.

Wow - don't even know how to dissect this one . If they beat a good team maybe you'll catch Jet fever.

He cajoled everyone in a demeaning "put your money where your mouth is proposition", yet when confronted with a similar proposition to support his stance, ran away like a frightened dog.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Question:  Is this a good place to point out that the same folks who all offseason long demanded we simply must tank for Sam Darnold mostly now want someone else?

By draft day the hype will change a dozen times.  It's not impossible a 4-12 Jets get Sam Darnold at pick #6.

Tis why getting so worked up over it, now, is so silly.

And again, does rooting for losses make losses happen?  If not, why do it?

No, because what you’re saying isn’t actuallly happening. People expected we’d suck, embraced the top draft pick as a consolation prize, now it looks like we’ll still suck - but with no benefit. People wanted the top pick. Darn old or whoever doesn’t matter. They just want the #1.

Anyway, I can appreciate your attempt to pivot from what I said, which is spot in, in order to type lots of words.

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

He cajoled everyone in a demeaning "put your money where your mouth is proposition", yet when confronted with a similar proposition to support his stance, ran away like a frightened dog.

So let's do the Hall of Fame bet. See you in twenty years, stranger on the internet.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

I don't need to bet to show my how much confidence I have in this team getting to the playoffs.  You can feel it in my spirit and my passion.  You can see it on the field.  It's in the air.  It's a magical season and I'm riding this mother****er like the kid on the rollercoaster with his hands up over his head laughing and crying at the same time.

This team is legit.  1st place and ass whipping is about to take place on the Patriots.  There is no looking back. 

Go Jets!!!!  

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, because what you’re saying isn’t actuallly happening. People expected we’d suck, embraced the top draft pick as a consolation prize, now it looks like we’ll still suck - but with no benefit. People wanted the top pick. Darn old or whoever doesn’t matter. They just want the #1.

*cough* bullsh*t *cough*

It wasn't "Suck for Someone" my friend, it was "Suck for Sam".

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

If a real ULTIMATE rebuild means you have to go 1-15 for three years straight to HOPEFULLY get every single draft pick right, then no, I'm not interested. That's 48 games in 3 years. Darnold has gone from darling to dolt in 4 weeks, Rosen doesn't even know if he likes football,lol. Who the f*ck knows, this sh*t is all luck like Aaron Rogers lasting until the 24th pick, or Brady in the 6th, or Dak Prescott, or the 49ers giving up on Alex Smith, and on & on. My god some kid named Baker Mayfield might be the best QB in this upcoming draft or Josh Allen, Luke Falk, Mason Rudolph, maybe Jackson f*cks you guys all up & becomes another Randall Cunningham. None of you guys know sh*t about the true future in the NFL for these guys. That's why Derek Carr was taken in the 2nd round pick 36! He should have been taken in the god damn 1st round by the Jets instead of that loser Calvin Pryor @ 18. Some of these guys are stabs in the dark, Jets just gotta keep swinging, but asking a professional team to lose on purpose? Who do you think we are the Indianapolis Colts? Yea, they got luck, but they STILL SUCK! Jets are building a TEAM. Remember a guy in Indy who was a huge pc to their Super Bowl puzzle, a guy named Bob Sanders? You gotta have more than JUST a QB, lets hope we find one & the team is also ready to soar.

I'm with you dude. I was willing to suck it up for this year though. Short term sufferage for long term gain. I loved Bob Sanders. Injuries killed a potential HOF type career from that dude. 

Nothing's automatic. There's a reason why house always wins. Just going wth the odds in a lost season. 7 wins or 3 wins is net end result. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I think the highest odds on this gmae point to the Jets getting it wrong no matter what happens.

Most likely this. And of course maybe the stars finally align and they get lucky w the #9 overall. But still, I just don't care about 7 wins vs 3 wins with McCown at QB this year. I'd prefer the #1 so whoever that top prospect is, would be there's. Looks like that's not the case.

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Wait, dude, are you saying that you don't think draft position matters? You're going to point to the Browns, I know. Can I then point to the Jaguars defense?

I think it matters.

I don't think it matters nearly as much as some do, I think the GM making the picks matters FAR more.

And our GM picked Hack and skipped on Watson.

What on Earth makes you think he'd make the "right" pick even if he was sitting there ready to make it?

That's the hilarious irony of all this, we could have ended up with pick #2 or #3, and Macc might still pick a CB over Darnold or Allen or whomever.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think it matters.

I don't think it matters nearly as much as some do, I think the GM making the picks matters FAR more.

And our GM picked Hack and skipped on Watson.

What on Earth makes you think he'd make the "right" pick even if he was sitting there ready to make it?

That's the hilarious irony of all this, we could have ended up with pick #2 or #3, and Macc might still pick a CB over Darnold or Allen or whomever.  

Well, that's the thing. I wanted the pick to be as clear as possible.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Suck for Sam, Josh, whoever the top QB is, was the point, everybody got that except Sir Butthurt. 

Translation:  You have no idea who you should want, you just want a #1/#1 QB.  Nice logic, you'd have made an excellent Ryan Leaf fan.

It's not where you pick, it's who you pick.

Man I am sick of these jerk-off guys whining every friggin week. They beat 2 teams that are pretty bad. If Kizer doesn't sh*t the bed in the red zone the Jets lose this game. They didn't win because they played well they won because the Browns blew it. Look at their schedule coming up. IMHO they have a shot to win 1-2 games max. They would have the same record if Petty played as I don't feel McCown is that much better than him. I don't believe they will beat the Patriots next week. I will be ROOTING for them to do it though and hope they will but lets be realistic here. They are a young team(except for McCown) and all you can ask is that they shown some growth and some guys develop into NFL starters. If a few more wins come as a result of that so be it. Bitchin' about draft picks at this stage of the game or pining for young unproven QB's(one who may not even come out) is just friggin idiocy. The more you rant the dumber you sound. Do us all a favor STFU.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Translation:  You have no idea who you should want, you just want a #1/#1 QB.  Nice logic, you'd have made an excellent Ryan Leaf fan.

It's not where you pick, it's who you pick.

Ahaha yes I'm a fan dude. Not a self proclaimed scout. Whoever the top QB is that's who I want. You have a three year olds logic. Peyton manning went before Leaf lol.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Most likely this. And of course maybe the stars finally align and they get lucky w the #9 overall. But still, I just don't care about 7 wins vs 3 wins with McCown at QB this year. I'd prefer the #1 so whoever that top prospect is, would be there's. Looks like that's not the case.

What some forget is that it's not just 1 v 9, it's every subsequent round too. First pick of the 2nd round is like another first rounder, 2nd rounder in the 3rd...etc. Those 8 or 9 slots every round, especially in rounds 2-4 matter a whole lot. The difference between a 6-win season and a 2-win season can literally shape your entire roster differently.

22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What some forget is that it's not just 1 v 9, it's every subsequent round too. First pick of the 2nd round is like another first rounder, 2nd rounder in the 3rd...etc. Those 8 or 9 slots every round, especially in rounds 2-4 matter a whole lot. The difference between a 6-win season and a 2-win season can literally shape your entire roster differently.

Without a doubt. It's just common sense that although there's no guarantee your odds go up w the higher pick. Winning 3-6 games with McCown is meaningless to some fans who are sick of the same old same old.

nobody's world is crumbling bc they're wining games but it just sets itself for another screw job in the draft. This is lost season to me. Better off really sucking than being mediocre.  

Maybe they come away w a good QB prospect anyway but now you have to hope for things to fall into place instead of controlling your own destiny. The holier win fans are just playing school yard antics so they can feel better about themselves. Touché 

4 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I skipped like 3 pages so this could have already been covered but this is one of the dumbest threads on a site filled with dumb threads....like jetsrule128 or peternorth dumb. 

Do you really still think that who you root for determines the outcome of the game?   You are on the same plane as my 5 year old.....congrats. 

Archived