It’s the friggin Pats for first place.....

JOJOTOWNSELL

there are 4 games i want to see the jets win every season regardless; the patsies and the doltfins.  they win those games and i'm pretty happy for the season. and if they don't win, if they play hard and don't get run out i'm mostly okay. that's why the butt fumble game is so bad.

Yep. I care greatly about this season.

1. No chance of making the playoffs.
2. Watching a never was QB
3. Winning enough games to loose out on a CHANCE for a franchise qb.

I hope we can beat the Pats (we won't, we're going to loose by 20), who have an aging qb with the heir apparent already on the roster. With Our X-town rival being bad at the right time to ensure they are the better team for the next 15+ years.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

What's the secret to beating NE? Beat up the QB. 

We have no pass rush at all. So how the heck can we win this game?

Seriously. I'm glad we spent the past five seasons using #1 picks on D-lineman...we basically have nothing to show for it, as now our D-line is the weakness of the defense. Ironically enough, the best D-lineman we had (Snacks) was a UDFA and we let him go to the Giants. 

4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Seriously. I'm glad we spent the past five seasons using #1 picks on D-lineman...we basically have nothing to show for it, as now our D-line is the weakness of the defense. Ironically enough, the best D-lineman we had (Snacks) was a UDFA and we let him go to the Giants. 

Zero sacks from defensive line thru five games is hard to believe. Williams has been underwhelming although he has been getting doubled at times. Wilkerson has been a train wreck since he got his big contract. Best Dman has been Ealy. The Dline has been the most disappointing part of this team so far. 

1 hour ago, tfine said:

People are too busy bitching about how we could’ve had Deshaun Watson when no one on this board wanted Deshaun Watson during the draft lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Deshaun Watson reminded me alot of Vince Young.

I was intrigued by him, especially after watching how he performed vs Alabama - but I wasn't sure how he would pan out in the NFL.

I was a little surprised when the Jets didn't pick him in the first round - but not shocked based on the chatter from the draft gurus, most of whom said he would be a project.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

I believe we'll beat the Pats. Anyone that roots against the Jets in this game is a terrible excuse for a fan. Fighting the Pats for first place. Who in the hell would root against us?

If they go on to beat the Pats, and as crazy as this is going to sound, I think they're a legit team.  The league just seems kind of weak to me right now where no team is really standing out now as far as being a powerhouse.  It's a really good time to be a rebuilding team and so far I think they're progressing rather nicely.  Yeah there are hiccups here and there but for the most part I think this team is improving as a whole.  There's no real superstar on the team but I think they are playing hard for each other and playing as a team which could quietly win a lot of games.  Look at the next five games...

vs Patriots

@ Dolphins

vs Falcons

vs Bills 

@ Buccaneers 

Is 4-1 impossible here?  I really don't think so.  I'm also going to be a realist and bring up the fact that the teams they beat really aren't anything to write home about but this team plays hard I have to give them that.  I think John Morton's play calling has a lot to do with the offense's success if you even want to call it that but they've made the big play when they needed to and that's all that matters.  If the offense continues to gel and get better and if the defense, especially Adams and Maye, continue to grow and learn together this could be a team who doesn't have that star player on it but somehow find a way to play team football and win ugly games.

Or it could be that I'm completely being a biased Jets fan right now riding the wave of a 3 game winning streak against bottom tier teams...

11 games left.  Schedule will now be brutal.    I see Jets winning 2 more and going 5-11. Ending up in top 4-6 in draft. Probably a good chance to get one of the top 4 QB's but Mac may have to move up as so many teams are bereft of a prospect QB.  Chicago and Niners will be below us.  Bears have Trubisky and Niners will be all in on Cousins so that will work towards our advantage.  But Giants, Chargers, Browns, Cardinals, Saints potentially set to have equally lousy record. Giants could take a QB but Eli is still their QB and they must address their OL. Worse case - we could fall to 8-10 in draft. YIKES. Will be fascinating to see how Mac approaches this - and he will need to one way or another next year.  

1 Browns, 2 Niners, 3 Giants, (Jets, Cards, Chargers, Saints) vye for pick 4. 

Browns take Darnold. They are done screwing around with the QB position.  Niners and Giants could trade back opening door for us.  Fascinating simply fascinating. 

3 hours ago, BigO said:

11 games left.  Schedule will now be brutal.    I see Jets winning 2 more and going 5-11. Ending up in top 4-6 in draft. Probably a good chance to get one of the top 4 QB's but Mac may have to move up as so many teams are bereft of a prospect QB.  Chicago and Niners will be below us.  Bears have Trubisky and Niners will be all in on Cousins so that will work towards our advantage.  But Giants, Chargers, Browns, Cardinals, Saints potentially set to have equally lousy record. Giants could take a QB but Eli is still their QB and they must address their OL. Worse case - we could fall to 8-10 in draft. YIKES. Will be fascinating to see how Mac approaches this - and he will need to one way or another next year.  

1 Browns, 2 Niners, 3 Giants, (Jets, Cards, Chargers, Saints) vye for pick 4. 

Browns take Darnold. They are done screwing around with the QB position.  Niners and Giants could trade back opening door for us.  Fascinating simply fascinating. 

Not for nothing, but the Browns have been screwing around with the QB position for 20 years.

Look, you don't root for the JETS for over 40 years, GOD it's almost 50 in 2019 lol... What I'm trying to say is that none of us real fans are actively rooting against our team, it's just that we want the chance at drafting a really good QB since sold his soul to the DEVIL lol... I for one will never root against them, especially when playing the PATS... While it was always the Dolphins who were the most hated team, the PATS have taken over that mantle. The only 2 games I would have been happy winning this year would have been the PATS... Other then that we really need a QB. I love how these guys are playing and will always root for them, so now my faith has to be put in Macc to do the right thing come the draft, because I am full behind the young team. While not pretty all the time, I can see the effort each week. Like Maddog said though, if it were with Petty or Hack at QB and we we're doing the same thing it would be much sweeter....

The "real fans" speech is getting old. 

Jets fans have a right to root for a win against the Pats... AND to want the Jets to start losing regularly again in order to finally fill the most important position in all of team sports.

Both groups are "real fans" with a different point of view. 

Archived