Yea, Browns suck but you do have to take this into account

Jetster

Browns lost a close one to the Steelers in the opener & didn't have a fired up Myles Garratt (Easy to see why he went where he went, he's no Gholston,LOL). The Brownies have a lot of fight in them still, it's early, they were at home, and they were desperate. They tried to do TOO MUCH and made a lot of mistakes but they played hard as sh*t.

That was a very good oline the Jets faced (swap olines I'd be a happy camper) Here was the Browns preseason Oline ranking. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. Yes, your not seeing a misprint. So I'm not surprised by the lack of pressure, and the LOS moving to our side of the ball, especially at home. They are tough up front.

2. Cleveland Browns

The offseason free agent spending spree could pay off huge dividends in Cleveland. J.C. Tretter and Kevin Zeitler both bring well above-average grades from a season ago at center and guard, respectively. The only question mark comes at right tackle where Shon Coleman looked at least competent in his 62 snaps as a rookie.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Browns lost a close one to the Steelers in the opener & didn't have a fired up Myles Garratt (Easy to see why he went where he went, he's no Gholston,LOL). The Brownies have a lot of fight in them still, it's early, they were at home, and they were desperate. They tried to do TOO MUCH and made a lot of mistakes but they played hard as sh*t.

That was a very good oline the Jets faced (swap olines I'd be a happy camper) Here was the Browns preseason Oline ranking. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. Yes, your not seeing a misprint. So I'm not surprised by the lack of pressure, and the LOS moving to our side of the ball, especially at home. They are tough up front.

2. Cleveland Browns

The offseason free agent spending spree could pay off huge dividends in Cleveland. J.C. Tretter and Kevin Zeitler both bring well above-average grades from a season ago at center and guard, respectively. The only question mark comes at right tackle where Shon Coleman looked at least competent in his 62 snaps as a rookie.

yep and if they started hogan instead of kizer they probably would've won.  imo they may already have their qb on the roster.  he just needs to play.

39 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Good thing the Browns have tanked the last 5 seasons. They're definitely moving in the right direction now.

Not my point at all. Browns have a very good Oline. Jet fans were wondering why we could get no pressure & why they were moving the LOS scrimmage on us. Why? Because they're talented. Browns aren't a complete team either, but Joe Thomas is still better than anyone the Jets are trotting out their on the Oline. Advantage Browns on the Oline. Jets had the advantage at QB & because of that they won. My point was the Browns Oline is far better than the Pats, so put Brady behind that Browns line we would have NO CHANCE based on what you witnessed Sunday. That's why Jets beat Jags, Jags beat Steelers, etc. no match up is exactly the same.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

A win is a win is a win in the NFL.  Doesn't matter the opponent.  Steelers only beat the Browns by 3....at home.  We beat them by 3 on the road, are we a better team than the Steelers?  They lost to the Jags too. 

Good point, I'm glad we dont find that out, the Steelers always seem to eat our lunch.

25th in total efficiency, 24th in offensive DVOA, 18th in defensive DVOA. The best unit on the team is STs and now that both Kizer and Glennon have been benched we probably have the worst starting quarterback in the league. We are a below average team capable of beating average to horrible teams. This is not something we should be celebrating and it's pretty clear we are 3-2 because of the schedule.

Also worth noting, preseason rankings are wonderful but empirical results are a bit more useful. Through 5 weeks Cleveland's OL has been bottom of the league. They were 25th in run blocking and 16th in pass protection, and I can't imagine they improved upon that after that abysmal performance on Sunday.

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Good thing the Browns have tanked the last 5 seasons. They're definitely moving in the right direction now.

We've been terrible too.  And so far this season we've only beat 3 doormats (possibly Jax isn't a doormat but it's unclear at this point) and we easily could've lost 2 of those 3 games.  And all it takes is a FQB to turn a franchise around.  The Colts were mostly awful for quite while prior to Peyton.

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We've been terrible too.  And so far this season we've only beat 3 doormats (possibly Jax isn't a doormat but it's unclear at this point) and we easily could've lost 2 of those 3 games.  And all it takes is a FQB to turn a franchise around.  The Colts were mostly awful for quite while prior to Peyton.

Jacksonville is comparatively decent. The reason they are comparatively decent and not decent is because the NFL is maybe the sh*ttiest, most top-heavy league in the world right now. Reality is they are pretty average, the rest of the league just sucks, and being average in 2017 gets you further than it used to.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Jacksonville is comparatively decent. The reason they are comparatively decent and not decent is because the NFL is maybe the sh*ttiest, most top-heavy league in the world right now. Reality is they are pretty average, the rest of the league just sucks, and being average in 2017 gets you further than it used to.

That's another reason why we need the FQB.  To be honest though, even the elite teams are not what they've been in recent seasons.  The Patriots have a crappy defense.  The Steelers are on the decline.  The Broncos have Trevor Simian (unclear if he's good).    The Cowboys have their issues.  

Probably the Chiefs and Packers are the class of the NFL right now.  But beyond that, is anyone else really that outstanding?  (possibly I'm forgetting a couple of teams?)

30 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

More top heavy than 

- the NBA with maybe 5 competitive teams?

-the Premier league with maybe 4 competitive teams?

- the Primera with maybe 3 competitive teams

- the Bundesliga with maybe 2 competitive teams?

- NCAA football with 1 superpower and a bunch of guys picking their shots every 3ish years?

The MLS and MLB and NHL are competitive I guess.

Guys, lets stop the BS we should have lost 2 of our games. We won them. The Pats should have lost 2 more of their games against the Texans and Bucs, but they didn't. If both Jets and Pats lost these games these 2 teams would face each other this week at 1-4 fighting to get out of last place instead of playing for 1st place. It's called a games of inches, but in the end your team has to know how to win.

19 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Guys, lets stop the BS we should have lost 2 of our games. We won them. The Pats should have lost 2 more of their games against the Texans and Bucs, but they didn't. If both Jets and Pats lost these games these 2 teams would face each other this week at 1-4 fighting to get out of last place instead of playing for 1st place. It's called a games of inches, but in the end your team has to know how to win.

I like that my team is learning how to win.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

25th in total efficiency, 24th in offensive DVOA, 18th in defensive DVOA. The best unit on the team is STs and now that both Kizer and Glennon have been benched we probably have the worst starting quarterback in the league. We are a below average team capable of beating average to horrible teams. This is not something we should be celebrating and it's pretty clear we are 3-2 because of the schedule.

Most teams are in the average variety in the NFL. Lets stop making excuses every time the jets win. Jags and Bortles suck because the jets beat them yet they are 3-2 and beat Pitt, Baltimore, and Houston pretty easily. Jets arent as good as I would like obviously but the aren't as bad as we thought either. I am enjoying this season so far. 

every year I expect the Browns to at least compete, they have enough talent to compete.  They thoroughly outplayed us for about 3 qtrs. of that game but kept making bonehead mistakes and we took advantage.  good teams take advantage, I am not saying we are good yet but that's a good sign.  we also beat Jax who has been really good outside of their game against us.  I knew we'd never go 0-16 but I didn't know we'd be able to compete the way we have.  outside of the 2nd half at Oak this team has really fought hard and it's been fun to watch.

Archived