Jets Waive CB Marcus Williams to Make Room for WR Jalin Marshall

JetNation

IMG_0894.jpg

The Jets roster exemption for Jalin Marshall expired today so a move was required to make room for him.  The team has announced that the move was waiving cornerback Marcus Williams.

The move comes as somewhat of a surprise as Williams was seen as having a bigger role in Todd Bowles’ defense this season but he’s been virtually invisible.

Williams’ release will save the Jets $2.7 million with no dead money according to overthecap.com.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
whZKGmPZViI

Click here to read the full story...

Been saying it since last season.  Bowles, and probably Mac, clearly love this kid.  They continue to give him opportunities and I honestly don't have much of a problem with it.  He made some mistakes last season but mostly as a PR.  As a WR, I love his short area quickness and toughness.  Could be a more physical Jeremy Kerley.

35 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Hopefully, this opens up some reps for Derrick Jones.

Exactly what I was hoping.  Williams started last week and now he's gone.  If Burris and/or Roberts can't go again, then Jones should get some run.  He showed tons of improvement as the preseason wore on and on the one INT he had during the PS he showed the type of anticipation you'd hope he'd have as a guy who played WR at Ole Miss.

44 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Been saying it since last season.  Bowles, and probably Mac, clearly love this kid.  They continue to give him opportunities and I honestly don't have much of a problem with it.  He made some mistakes last season but mostly as a PR.  As a WR, I love his short area quickness and toughness.  Could be a more physical Jeremy Kerley.

He gets open & we need that against the Pats. Should be fresh & fast, hope he gets up to speed quickly. 

Archived