HC of the NYJ on 3rd Straight Win

Gas2No99

47 minutes ago, rangerous said:

okay, so you want to start your potential future qb behind a sieve of an oline and with receivers who are just learning their routes?  believe me i'd rather see hack or petty getting some starts but i see the value in developing the rest of the team before throwing the key player to the wolves.  it's not the same as when sanchez came in.  that team had a really good oline and was only really missing a wr or 2 on offense. i don't see where bowles is sacrificing building this team at the expense of wins.  it seems to me they're going hand in hand at this point. and i don't think the season should be all about gaining a favorable draft position.

two things:

the OL pass protection has been better than advertised going into the season.. mccown has not been under siege.. he just has not been..

that & i don't believe for a nanosecond, bowles is not starting petty, because he's looking out for his well being.. just for clarification, do you??

26 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

two things:

the OL pass protection has been better than advertised going into the season.. mccown has not been under siege.. he just has not been..

that & i don't believe for a nanosecond, bowles is not starting petty, because he's looking out for his well being.. just for clarification, do you??

what i said stands.  but one thing that should be pointed out is petty holds onto the ball too long.  bowles is not looking out for petty's well being by not starting him but he is looking out for the team's health. yes the oline is playing better than they were given credit for but they still don't block long enough for petty to deliver the ball reliably.  thus far mccown has been making some pretty darn good decisions with his throws.

27 minutes ago, rangerous said:

what i said stands.  but one thing that should be pointed out is petty holds onto the ball too long.  bowles is not looking out for petty's well being by not starting him but he is looking out for the team's health. yes the oline is playing better than they were given credit for but they still don't block long enough for petty to deliver the ball reliably.  thus far mccown has been making some pretty darn good decisions with his throws.

& how do you think that will work in the jets favor in '18??

10 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

& how do you think that will work in the jets favor in '18??

because the receivers will learn their routes and hopefully petty and hack are paying attention to how the plays are being executed.  did you ever once think mccown could be a 70% passer? the best fitz had was about 60% and sanchez was a little under 60%.  this is all about going to the right guy for the situation.  the only receiver i see having trouble at the moment is anderson because he's many a deep threat.  but it also makes him better because now he has to learn how to run his routes.

again, i would rather see petty or hack starting but those don't help the rest of the team as much as mccown does at the moment.

19 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The fact that mccown is playing should tell you that we need to draft a qb next year or find one in free agency

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Undubededly! Well stated. Mac can blow that mentor nonsense out his butt. Mac and McCowan could have just costs us the opportunity to draft a top rated QB.  SMH. ??‍♂️ And this is no replay of 2015 when Fitz went cuckoo for coconuts putting up ridiculous numbers.  Fitzgerald was a total fail safe back up that was never supposed to see the light of day. McCowan will win just enough games 5-6 to sabatoge any chance of landing a high pick.  He was, unlike Fitz, hand picked by Mac (for reasons I still can't figure out and never will) to be the starter.  What a joke - and the joke's on us all. ?

Archived