Redemption for Gordon?

Pac

2 hours ago, Pac said:

I know we won't be signing this beast but I found this a pretty good watch.

https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/3VceYXfI/j-g?playlist=N4M8xKh5

Easy to forget he's only 26 isn't it? Feels like we've been seeing headlines on his drama for a decade... I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was, but with his talent and maybe with a newfound motivation, he could really be a productive player for a team.

I'm actually going to be really interested to see how his reinstatement/team workouts go... Who gives him a shot and who doesn't? Does he approach Cleveland first to try and make amends? Does he get more than a minimum contract somewhere? 

I know you said the Jets won't be signing him, and you're most likely right... But hey, what if? They have cap room and a clear need at that position and would provide him a golden non-pressured oppurtunity to prove he's back and still capable of being a #1 guy somewhere. 

I can't imagine the Browns would cut him loose after reinstatement.  There's no reason to.  Let him prove he's changed, get a shot on the field, and if he lights it up but you still don't want him on your roster....trade him when he's built up some value.  

Their top 2 receivers right now are Ricardo Louis and Rashard Higgins; 4th and 5th round picks from 2016, respectively. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can't imagine the Browns would cut him loose after reinstatement.  There's no reason to.  Let him prove he's changed, get a shot on the field, and if he lights it up but you still don't want him on your roster....trade him when he's built up some value.  

Their top 2 receivers right now are Ricardo Louis and Rashard Higgins; 4th and 5th round picks from 2016, respectively. 

I also don't see Gordon playing no matter if he is reinstated, or not till week 13 as he needs 6 games played for it to count for him to reach Free Agency, in the video when he over slept from partying the night before the flight left for the last game of the season he had 5 games played, and the Browns GM knew that, and knew if he (correctly from a discipline point of view also, but that doesn't always apply depending on the situation) played that game he would have fulfilled his 4th year on his contract becoming a RFA, or FA, but I guarantee if that game was for a playoff birth Josh Gordon would have been on that plane, and they would have gotten him ready to play.  Honestly they should have let him on the plane, but not let him play, Josh Gordon unfortunately needs a chaperone for the rest of his life to make sure he does not go down the same spiral, dark path again, call it a baby sitter, or whatever, but that is what this kid needs, and IF I was an NFL team I'd get him one if he under contract to be with him 247 365 until he was no longer a part of my team.

I can see him being reinstated after week 13, and the reinstatement will carry a 4 game suspension that he will serve for weeks 14-17, and then the NFL will want to see him go a full off season clean before allowing him to play in their league so they don't get embarrassed by him possibly fooling them one more time that he is clean to only fail another test for illegal substance(s) in the middle of a season for more bad publicity.

11 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

He is Cleveland Browns property, they have to cut him for him to be FA, or they can play him, or trade him.  I'd give up a 4th rounder for him he is that good to try to swing for the fences, and justify the risk if you strikeout IMO.

He's so damn good, I'd easily give up a 3rd rounder.  And wouldn't be pissed at giving a 2nd either.  

If he has his head on straight now, he could definitely be the league's best receiver.

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

He's so damn good, I'd easily give up a 3rd rounder.  And wouldn't be pissed at giving a 2nd either.  

If he has his head on straight now, he could definitely be the league's best receiver.

I would be pissed at anything more than a conditional 7th.  The guy hasn't played in 3 years, and was suspended for the majority of that season too.

26 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I would be pissed at anything more than a conditional 7th.  The guy hasn't played in 3 years, and was suspended for the majority of that season too.

I have no doubt he'll come back and shred secondaries.  He's a freak of nature.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

The guy has a lot to prove and is a total risk. For a team trying to build through the draft all picks are valuable even when trying to move up for a player you may like in round 4-5 and 6. Will they have Gordon’s talent no at the same time they will not have  his baggage should he falter

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What's your point? I watched the game on Sunday. Those guys are awesome.

Archived