USMNT not going to World Cup

On October 14, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Bugg said:

Major Euro teams playing friendlies here sell out in 20 minutes. If EPL ever did that, it would print $. MLS, despite some success, is never going to be that unless the US make a big run up to  the World Cup Final, which is clearly not going to happen next summer. 

As to the boring factor; there is so much down time in baseball that by comparison the away for the ball stuff and lack of shots on goal is the difference between  a nap and New Years' Eve.At least there isn't a commercial every 5 minutes. Actually during the game there are no commercials spare the surround screen ads. And as the innings go later the ads pile up. Happened once already this playoff where I fell asleep, woke up in the middle of a blizzard of ads and could not tell if the game was over until around the 5th or 6th ad the game finally came back on. 

But the diving is really crap. In hockey you get a world of poop for that unless you are Sidney Crosby, and soccer's culture is to act like you've been shot every time anyone breathes on you. And injury time is BS.

there actually is a lot to like about soccer played at the highest levels.

the scores often being so low makes it difficult for the casual fan to turn into a full blown fan.

The injury time is very annoying ... It's been awhile since I've actually paid full attention to a game ... But I did not remember it actually being shown to the players/fans so that they knew how much time they had to complete a play... That can't be right can it?

and the end all - be all for me is the flops  ...OMG ... This is the part of soccer that just disgusts me to no end. ... If  I want to see a bunch of p*$$ies who can't act their way out of a paper bag I'll put on a Rosie O'Donnell or Justin Beiber movie