Belichick praises Jets

kevinc855

35 minutes ago, LurkerKing said:

Isn't this Belichicks calling card? I don't think I remember Belichick not praise the Jets before a showdown. 

Huge difference between the usual let’s hype the opponent vs talking about the way we are building a future 

39 minutes ago, LurkerKing said:

Isn't this Belichicks calling card? I don't think I remember Belichick not praise the Jets before a showdown. 

Correct.  He praises every opponent.  Seems like just a move to not give an opponent extra motivation.  Remember he even suspended Wes Welker for the first offensive series in playoff game (the one we actually beat them) because Welker made a foot job about Rex.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Correct.  He praises every opponent.  Seems like just a move to not give an opponent extra motivation.  Remember he even suspended Wes Welker for the first offensive series in playoff game (the one we actually beat them) because Welker made a foot job about Rex.

Might wanna clear your predictive text.

Am I wrong to be impressed at how well he knows the Jets' roster so early in the week?  Can every NFL head coach run down every player on the other team off the top of his head that way?  I wonder if Bowles could?  Belichick knew the names of our special teams players, our 4th running back that hasn't taken a snap yet.  I can understand the position coaches knowing the players they would be responsible for by name, but not necessarily the head coach.  He just seems more prepared than anyone else.

4 hours ago, docdhc said:

Am I wrong to be impressed at how well he knows the Jets' roster so early in the week?  Can every NFL head coach run down every player on the other team off the top of his head that way?  I wonder if Bowles could?  Belichick knew the names of our special teams players, our 4th running back that hasn't taken a snap yet.  I can understand the position coaches knowing the players they would be responsible for by name, but not necessarily the head coach.  He just seems more prepared than anyone else.

No.  He's usually more prepared than other coaches.  It IS impressive.  Most guys would say, "Oh, that #51, he's doing good on special teams."

13 hours ago, docdhc said:

Felt the same way

Our problem is we have a predictable QB. Advantage Belichick. It's unpredictability that bites him in his azz! He can't coach to stop Alex Smith taking off & getting a 1st down, Cam Newton, they had their hands full with Watson.

Drew Brees? No problem, he's a pocket guy. Carson Wentz would give Belichick fits! You can't coach for a guy that can take 3 steps sideways & throw a bullet to an open WR on the run. 

These are the types of players that beat them. Their defense is what it is, good enough to hold a team like the Jets down, but guys like Smith, Wentz, Cam, Rogers, those are the QBs that can make unpredictable plays. There is no analytic that can prepare you players who are Multiple in the NFL. For us to even have a chance tomorrow, Josh McCown is gonna have to pull off some unpredictable plays, like scrambling for a 1st down, pitching a ball to a RB while he's in the grasp, he has to turn a couple of what look to be negative plays into positive plays. He'll have to play the game of his life, lol, does he have one in him? We'll see, he has to be in total control & ON.

Archived