Pennington

I just don't understand some of you guys

56 minutes ago, Pennington said:

I am a long time lurker who just joined to get my thoughts out there.

Sorry but I just do not understand how any Jets fan can be happy with winning these meaningless games. We haven't had a legitimate franchise QB since Namath and this was our best chance to get one with Darnold or Rosen since Parcells stupidly told Peyton Manning he wouldn't draft him.

Are you guys fine with being mediocre or worse or do you just not understand that the easiest way to win a Super Bowl is by drafting a franchise QB. Both Darnold and Rosen have a chance to be top of the league QBs but we have screwed ourselves out of a chance to draft either of them because we won meaningless games with a 38 yr old journeyman QB in McCown.

There is nothing to be excited about and every Jets fan should be livid with the garbage wins. Gastineau Lives and others who agree with him are the smart ones while the guys who rip into him are being incredibly short sighted.

Now go ahead and rip into me for not being a "true fan" for wanting bigger and better things for this franchise over garbage wins in a lost season.

You are a fake fan then...real fans root for success

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If Hogan starts the game, then yes we were.

Cleveland dominated that game and gave it away because they won't get out tanked. 

41 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

If the Pats steamroll the Jets on Sunday, some of the stubborn die-hards might come around to the realization that they are wasting their time rooting for a team to go 6-10 for the umpteenth time.

The Pats steamrolled the Jets umpteen times when they were not perceived to be tanking - so what difference does it make.

If Petty or Hackenberg were playing and were the reason why we were winning their would be no complaints. Instead we are squeezing by bad teams with a 38 yr old journeyman throwing to vet receivers.

I fully expect this dope of a GM to spend big like a fool next offseason in free agency and bring back McCown only to see the team fall apart with no top QB in the next draft.

2 hours ago, slats said:

I don't like McCown in the starting lineup. 

Outside of that, how, exactly, did you see this tank being achieved? 

Thank you!!!!

I have asked this question or a similar question in thread after thread after thread and there is simply no answer.  

Advocating for a Tank is fine, but to then pillar the Jets for playing decently against anyone is just silly. No one thinks that the Jets have beaten the 1960s Packers this year out here but they have played hard and been competitive, which is far more than we could say in general from the Jets last year.

Think the Jets have already put out one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL to start for their Team in McCown; and other than that, or literally throwing games, how are the Jets to Tank? There is no answer for this basic starting point.  

Complaining thread after thread about the Jets not tanking properly makes no sense when no one in the organization has any other choice than to do their best.  

Again the question to the deliberate tankers is: what would you have the Jets do to lose games as you suggest!!!

One other thing: sorry but I do not trust this GM to pick our next QB unless it was a no brainer like Darnold or Rosen. The man that picked Hack in round two should never be allowed to select another QB.

1 hour ago, Pennington said:

Sorry but I just do not understand how any Jets fan can be happy with winning these meaningless games. We haven't had a legitimate franchise QB since Namath and this was our best chance to get one with Darnold or Rosen since Parcells stupidly told Peyton Manning he wouldn't draft him.

Are you guys fine with being mediocre or worse or do you just not understand that the easiest way to win a Super Bowl is by drafting a franchise QB. Both Darnold and Rosen have a chance to be top of the league QBs but we have screwed ourselves out of a chance to draft either of them because we won meaningless games with a 38 yr old journeyman QB in McCown.

There is nothing to be excited about and every Jets fan should be livid with the garbage wins. Gastineau Lives and others who agree with him are the smart ones while the guys who rip into him are being incredibly short sighted.

Now go ahead and rip into me for not being a "true fan" for wanting bigger and better things for this franchise over garbage wins in a lost season.

No draft is pick is a guarantee, haven't we seen enough 1st round busts for a lifetime as a Jets fan...

What if Darnold stays in school.   

Should we suck every year and always hope for next years draft pick.

The Jets motto is 'THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR" in case you haven't heard. 

The Jets seem to always pick the wrong guy regardless of what round it is with a few exceptions. 

I will never ever root for my team to lose, its not how I roll. 

So what are you saying, you want the Jets to suck? I think it's great that the Jets have enough young talent win games.  BTW, these aren't meaningless games they are tied for first.  So put your Brady jersey on and root for the Pats this Sunday, obviously that is who you want to win.

8 minutes ago, Pennington said:

If Petty or Hackenberg were playing and were the reason why we were winning their would be no complaints. Instead we are squeezing by bad teams with a 38 yr old journeyman throwing to vet receivers.

I fully expect this dope of a GM to spend big like a fool next offseason in free agency and bring back McCown only to see the team fall apart with no top QB in the next draft.

hahahha good one this fan base complains about everything !!!!

I was one of the first ones here all in on the tank this year. Macc got rid of the high priced vets. Traded Sheldon for a draft pick. But once the season starts you can't root against your own players. You can't root against the kids that will be the foundation of this Franchise for years to come. 

Could you complain about McCown being here? Sure. But you can't develop an o line, wrs and running backs without a borderline competent QB. That's what mccown is. As it turns out there are some really AWFUL teams in the NFL that allowed us to win.

Now we're playing real teams the next few weeks. If we are truly going nowhere, we'll lose a bunch of games and finish with a top ten pick. We can always trade up to get a QB we like. This will be a very deep QB draft class. Maybe we won't get a Manning or Luck, but we could still land a rivers or big Ben type. 

Hey man I tried talking sense to some , all the gramps just ganged up on me . There no talking sense to some of these people . My thread on the pats game is a gold mine .

Darnold,Rosen, and Allen are the only QBs worth picking in round one in my opinion. I am not down on Allen at all because he is playing with high school players. I saw enough of him last year to take a shot with him.

I wouldn't touch Falk, Mayfield, or Jackson. As for this idea that Mac will trade up I just don't see it. Cleveland isn't passing up a QB this time around and neither would SF. Not that ultra conservative Maccagnan would have the balls to make a dramatic move like this anyway.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I don't like McCown in the starting lineup. 

Outside of that, how, exactly, did you see this tank being achieved? 

Playing hack gets the job done no doubt about it , the guy throws 12-6 curve balls on wr screens

Your screen name tells a lot about how you feel about winning. You clearly want a  a 9-7  and 10-6 record every other year and getting blown out in big games.

download.jpg

26 minutes ago, Pennington said:

I literally said the same thing about playing the kids and winning and it made some of these scrubs cry , they love mcclown that much

6 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

Playing hack gets the job done no doubt about it , the guy throws 12-6 curve balls on wr screens

Exactly why I wanted Hack to start. He would have pretty much guaranteed us the first pick in the draft.

13 minutes ago, Pennington said:

You know what beloved, you won't find a Jet fan that doesn't agree with you about Petty or Hack . The problem is, Petty gets injured always at the wrong time and Hack just isn't ready for prime time .  It took 2 years in Gailey's offense before he got a chance and he was OK at best . Him being okay allowed him to see NFL schemes and gave him the advantage he got going against 2nd and 3rd string defenses in his 1st season irunning Morton's offense ..  This is Hack's 1st season running Morton's offense, and he looked okay going against 2nd and 3rd stringers and uncomfortable going against 1st stringers . He looked lost going against the Eagles last year in preseason .

I saw improvement from Last year in Gailey's offense against the eagles to Morton's offense this season and the kid's still extremely young . Do you folks realize that Christian Hackenberg is younger than Wentz, Goff, Prescott, and Carr  ?

2 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Exactly why I wanted Hack to start. He would have pretty much guaranteed us the first pick in the draft.

Not only that but if the miracle of him being good and a franchise qb could be figured out this year . Now we have to wait longer to find that out. You only find out if he's good playing in live games that matter which is the regular season. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

While I agree that it would be better to lose enough to pick one of the QBs, everyone acts like what we say/do/feel about the wins and losses has ANYTHING to do with how this team plays.  At this point, whatever happens this season happens and I am done caring either way.  I am rooting to beat the Pats on Sunday and after that I couldn't care less what happens.  It's the only game I wanted to win this year and was hoping for 1-15, but hey, that hasn't happened so let's cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

I think we should do some paradiddles and ratamacues on the op's head Drums, what do you think?

49 minutes ago, rangerous said:

no ripping from me but there is less chance that darnold or rosen or whomever will be a franchise qb in this draft than the bills making the playoffs.  the whole point is that what we are seeing is a team developing and wins (even though they seem meaningless) are part of that.  it's not going to make much difference in drafting a darnold or a rosen if the rest of the team isn't somewhat set.  sanchez was successful because he was drafted into a team that was ready to play.  same thing can be said about brady.  when he started the patsies were ready to start playing.  same thing with chaddy.  consider this.  would you rather see petty or hack (assuming they are the qb for next season) playing behind the sieve that the jet oline is?  he'd get clobbered.  on the other hand mccown gives the oline a chance to develop as well as the receivers.  don't get me wrong, i'd rather see petty or hack stating but i do see the reasoning behind using mccown.

What you say makes sense but do you really think bubba is thinking like that? The guy picks mccown because to him it's the best chance in winning , he doesn't give a damn about developing players , the guy could get fired tomorrow . 

4 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

What you say makes sense but do you really think bubba is thinking like that? The guy picks mccown because to him it's the best chance in winning , he doesn't give a damn about developing players , the guy could get fired tomorrow . 

Kinda hard to develop receivers when the QB doesn't know the offense and can't get the ball to them. 

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I disagree. This team has had plenty of seasons when they were good. Lets not exaggerate. 

how long have you been a fan...

Plenty is absolutely not accurate

I can't wait to see go defense in round one next draft for the millionth straight time.

It’s obvious that you have been lurking for a long time, you have all of the standard posts down pat.  Congratulations!

1 hour ago, Maddog45 said:

Hey man I tried talking sense to some , all the gramps just ganged up on me . There no talking sense to some of these people . My thread on the pats game is a gold mine .

TRUTH: With age comes wisdom and experience

TRUTH: If the "gramps" are jumping on you, you are probably either inexperienced in the matter or just plain wrong. Listen to old guys, you can get quite an education

2 hours ago, slats said:

I'm not convinced that McCown is the best QB on the roster. He made a credible effort to blow the Jags game. 

THIS. At a loss how looking at his stats and the games themselves McCown is somehow the best choice. Simply he is the most braindead risk averse choice. Now he may be a genuinely nice guy,  but so what. The QB decision should be what's best for the franchise and now going on 2 seasons we have almost no idea if Petty or Hackenberg might be capable of being a starter or a backup. That is criminal mismanagement.