Pennington

I just don't understand some of you guys

8 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You: Rooting against the Jets is not something I will ever do.

Also You: If it was the end of the season and we needed to lose to get a quarterback, then yeah.

You: I understand that the way I root has no impact on the outcome of football games. 

Also you: I'm miserable every week rooting against the Jets to win. 

And also you: I don't understand why you don't all join me in my misery rooting against the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

You: I understand that the way I root has no impact on the outcome of football games. 

Also you: I'm miserable every week rooting against the Jets to win. 

And also you: I don't understand why you don't all join me in my misery rooting against the Jets. 

I'm consistent. You have said nothing that I don't own and don't stand behind. Sorry it bothers you.

I'd be perfectly happy if they didn't pull out nothing wins against nothing teams to ruin draft position, so yeah, miserable.

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm consistent. You have said nothing that I don't own and don't stand behind. Sorry it bothers you.

I'd be perfectly happy if they didn't pull out nothing wins against nothing teams to ruin draft position, so yeah, miserable.

Doesn't really bother me. It's your misery that you're choosing for, admittedly, absolutely no reason at all. And misery loves company, so you want others to join you. I think it's kinda funny/sad. But by all means, carry on!

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Doesn't really bother me. It's your misery that you're choosing for, admittedly, absolutely no reason at all. And misery loves company, so you want others to join you. I think it's kinda funny/sad. But by all means, carry on!

Doesn't bother you, yet you chose to write my subtext for me in a post.

Don't cry for me, bubbe, life is good.

Funny/sad is the essence of being a Jet fan. Like one long butt-fumble. So we're both in the same boat. But go on and pretend otherwise, if it serves you.

11 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So we're both in the same boat.

We're really not. I'm having the easiest, angst-free football season I can remember in a long time, while you're getting all twisted up when the Jets win a football game. The only similarity between our boats is that you claim to understand that your rooting juju has no effect on the outcome on the field, and that the team is going to finish with whatever record it's going to have whether you're happy or mad when your favorite team wins a game. 

Just now, slats said:

We're really not. I'm having the easiest, angst-free football season I can remember in a long time, while you're getting all twisted up when the Jets win a football game. The only similarity between our boats is that you claim to understand that your rooting juju has no effect on the outcome on the field, and that the team is going to finish with whatever record it's going to have whether you're happy or mad when your favorite team wins a game. 

I love the "you claim" part of this post the best. The rest is just filler.

58 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You: Rooting against the Jets is not something I will ever do.

Also You: If it was the end of the season and we needed to lose to get a quarterback, then yeah.

If the Jets were 0 and 15 I would root for them the last game.

I have said I can see how others would root for a loss under that scenario.

I will never got for them to lose.

17 hours ago, Pennington said:

I am a long time lurker who just joined to get my thoughts out there.

Sorry but I just do not understand how any Jets fan can be happy with winning these meaningless games. We haven't had a legitimate franchise QB since Namath and this was our best chance to get one with Darnold or Rosen since Parcells stupidly told Peyton Manning he wouldn't draft him.

Are you guys fine with being mediocre or worse or do you just not understand that the easiest way to win a Super Bowl is by drafting a franchise QB. Both Darnold and Rosen have a chance to be top of the league QBs but we have screwed ourselves out of a chance to draft either of them because we won meaningless games with a 38 yr old journeyman QB in McCown.

There is nothing to be excited about and every Jets fan should be livid with the garbage wins. Gastineau Lives and others who agree with him are the smart ones while the guys who rip into him are being incredibly short sighted.

Now go ahead and rip into me for not being a "true fan" for wanting bigger and better things for this franchise over garbage wins in a lost season.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I love the "you claim" part of this post the best. The rest is just filler.

Well, all I have is your word to go by there. Have to admit I'm not completely sold. 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

If the Jets were 0 and 15 I would root for them the last game.

I have said I can see how others would root for a loss under that scenario.

I will never got for them to lose.

Well in that scenario we've probably got the #1 pick locked up and we're fighting the ignominy of going 0-16. I think we'd all be on board.

18 hours ago, Pennington said:

Sorry but I just do not understand how any Jets fan can be happy with winning these meaningless games. We haven't had a legitimate franchise QB since Namath and this was our best chance to get one with Darnold or Rosen since Parcells stupidly told Peyton Manning he wouldn't draft him.

Are you guys fine with being mediocre or worse or do you just not understand that the easiest way to win a Super Bowl is by drafting a franchise QB. Both Darnold and Rosen have a chance to be top of the league QBs but we have screwed ourselves out of a chance to draft either of them because we won meaningless games with a 38 yr old journeyman QB in McCown.

There is nothing to be excited about and every Jets fan should be livid with the garbage wins. Gastineau Lives and others who agree with him are the smart ones while the guys who rip into him are being incredibly short sighted.

Now go ahead and rip into me for not being a "true fan" for wanting bigger and better things for this franchise over garbage wins in a lost season.

To each his own, but as I’ve said before, my expectation is that this team will be get a QB this offseason whether it’s through trading up or signing a FA.  I’m not the least bit worried that they won’t have a promising young QB next season.

That being said, I’ll enjoy watching the young kids perform well and the few wins I get to watch this season.

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Doesn't bother you, yet you chose to write my subtext for me in a post.

Don't cry for me, bubbe, life is good.

Funny/sad is the essence of being a Jet fan. Like one long butt-fumble. So we're both in the same boat. But go on and pretend otherwise, if it serves you.

The fact that you even use this is so SOJF , the butt-fumble a twisted coat of arms for a sad colony of SOJF's.

19 hours ago, Pennington said:

If anything is consistent here it is our history with the draft.  We draft defense in the first round.  None of those top QB's were coming here anyway.

20 hours ago, RoadFan said:

This team let Shady and Tolbert run through holes the size of an Atlanta freeway.

Then they hit the self-destruct button in Oakland after a decent first half.

Then they beat a Dolphins team that was also shut out the following week by the Saints. (Final play vs. Jets not included)

Then they needed a fluke Bilal Powell play to help them beat Jacksonville.

Then they needed the Browns to turn it over twice inside the Jets 5 yard line AND two missed FGs to beat the Browns.

THEY ARE ALL MEANINGLESS!

I think you misunderstand the difference between meaningless and undeserved.  When the Jets beat the Seahawks because the ref missed Testicles kneed touching down on the one was it an undeserved win or a meaningless one?  The Pats won their last two super bowls because of an idiotic 1 yard pass attempt and the Falcons imploding at a historic rate.  Were those meaningless super bowl wins? 

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

To each his own, but as I’ve said before, my expectation is that this team will be get a QB this offseason whether it’s through trading up or signing a FA.  I’m not the least bit worried that they won’t have a promising young QB next season.

That being said, I’ll enjoy watching the young kids perform well and the few wins I get to watch this season.

I share the feelings in your 2nd paragraph, I wish I could share the optimism of your first.  I do not see any evidence to support your expectation.  They have had 3 offseasons to get a QB and they got us Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenberg, Fitzpatrick and McCown. Two are young and none are promising.  

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

The fact that you even use this is so SOJF , the butt-fumble a twisted coat of arms for a sad colony of SOJF's.

The only other single play that epitomized a franchise in the history of sports was Bill Buckner's play in 1986. Sorry if that irks you, but it's pretty spot on.

This whole rooting for losses from the get go thing has really fostered a sense of objectivity in me. You should try it.

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I hare the feelings in your 2nd paragraph, I wish I could share the optimism of your first.  I do not see any evidence to support your expectation.  They have had 3 offseasons to get a QB and they got us Fitzpatrick, Petty, Hackenberg, Fitzpatrick and McCown. Two are young and none are promising.  

Just to be clear, I'm confident that they'll get a QB.  If it's not a proven vet, my gut tells me it'll be the wrong one, because there's nothing this franchise has ever done to make me think otherwise.

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Just to be clear, I'm confident that they'll get a QB.  If it's not a proven vet, my gut tells me it'll be the wrong one, because there's nothing this franchise has ever done to make me think otherwise.

#sojf

44 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think you misunderstand the difference between meaningless and undeserved.  When the Jets beat the Seahawks because the ref missed Testicles kneed touching down on the one was it an undeserved win or a meaningless one?  The Pats won their last two super bowls because of an idiotic 1 yard pass attempt and the Falcons imploding at a historic rate.  Were those meaningless super bowl wins? 

I define "meaningless" as a team that has less than 1% chance to win a SB.

The Jets are not going to pull a Leicester City...

18 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The only other single play that epitomized a franchise in the history of sports was Bill Buckner's play in 1986. Sorry if that irks you, but it's pretty spot on.

This whole rooting for losses from the get go thing has really fostered a sense of objectivity in me. You should try it.

Funny how there's never a mention of the Pisarcik fumble which actually directly led to a lost game. The Sanchez fumble was one insignificant play in a blowout loss in comparison Buckner's play pretty much lost the World Series for the Red Sox . Yet still  the SOJF and the media can't let it go, its pretty pathetic.

Just now, RoadFan said:

I define "meaningless" as a team that has less than 1% chance to win a SB.

The Jets are not going to pull a Leicester City...

On SEPTEMBER 15, 2011 the Giants were 100-1 to win the super bowl.  At that point they were 0-1.  By December 4, 2011 they were 6-6 and on a 4 game losing streak.  I bet Giants fans are pissed they won all those meaningless games.  Can you guess who else is 100-1 to with the super bowl? 

JiF?  Who else?  

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Funny how there's never a mention of the Pisarcik fumble which actually directly led to a lost game. The Sanchez fumble was one insignificant play in a blowout loss in comparison Buckner's play pretty much lost the World Series for the Red Sox . Yet still  the SOJF and the media can't let it go, its pretty pathetic.

You have to admit it's a pretty iconic play. The Pisarcik fumble was talked about alot, too. Then the Giants won four Super Bowls and the 80s 90s 00s and 2000 tens happened.

The funny thing is half the board thought the actual exciting winning, near playoff team lead by Ftiz two years ago were utter bums and hated on sections of them team.  some of the same people that were deriding sections of that team are all happy as clams with the state of this team and its ground hog day like 5 or 6 wins and picking 6th.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:30 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't even want to be on either side of this.  I just want these threads to stop.

Wahhhhh Wahhhhh 😩

Fresh take.
You obviously must have missed the numerous posts disproving the myth that you need the # 1 pick to find a QB.
The Manning brothers are the only #1 picks to win the SB in the last 20 years and Peytons last win was in spite of him.

AGREED and THANK YOU.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 10/11/2017 at 4:35 PM, Pennington said:

The Yankees are a young team no one expected to do anything until next year and we see how that's working. Obviously the Jets are not the Yankees but the Jets do have some promising young players who seem to give a sh*t and its exciting to root for a young team playing well. This talk of tanking is the real bullsh*t because players are not going to walk out on that field and ruin their career by playing like sh*t to have a batter chance at drafting a QB especially not a young player. If the Jets want one of the QB's in the upcoming draft they can move up and get him. Hopefully if they do its Rosen and not Darnold. Then they can spend part of the 80 mil in cap room to fill some holes and have a young team that knows how to win rather than a team carrying on with the culture of failure and losing. 

20 hours ago, AFJF said:

I'm going to do my level best to remember this post sometime around draft day. Because the  problem with this is free agency is in March, the draft late April or early May. So if the Jets do not have the top pick or are the top 2 or 3, they will be forced to into the open market to overpay an old QB. And then what happens if one of the top QBs drops down the draft board, other than Mike Mccagnan losing control of his bowels? And picking a defender, of course. 

Losing out  is way simpler, get in the top 2, there's no decision. And you are only paying one QB his draft slot cap money for a few years, not overpaying some vet. That old guy  by definition of being a free agent after his team let him go is iffy anyway.

20 hours ago, AFJF said:

The Jets brain-trust had three years to do this so far and the end result is Josh McCown at QB and a 2nd round QB pick who hasn't thrown a pass in a regular season game yet, so forgive my lack of faith in them in 2018. 

17 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

National television. Thanksgiving. Patriots. Head in teammates ass. Touchdown.

34 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Jets brain-trust had three years to do this so far and the end result is Josh McCown at QB and a 2nd round QB pick who hasn't thrown a pass in a regular season game yet, so forgive my lack of faith in them in 2018. 

Sure thing.  

Countless GMs miss a few times before they find their QB. Turns out Mac makes mistakes like the rest of ‘em do.