Would you be happy with Bridgewater next season?

AFJF

Would you be happy with Bridgewater next season?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Bridgewater next season?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No.  Cost too high, risk too high, output too low.

I believe in drafting QB's, not signing the various Scott Mitchell's of the worl

Same.  Too risky.  Cousins is the only FA I would really be excited about.  And only if we couldn't draft Rosen, Rudolph or Jackson.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No.  Cost too high, risk too high, output too low.

I believe in drafting QB's, not signing the various Scott Mitchell's of the world.

What would you be willing to pay?

McCown is old, we are going to need a vet and acquiring someone like him wouldn't stop us from drafting someone.  think Seattle when they got Flynn, did it stop them from drafting Wilson? or Chicago this year w/ Glennon and Trubisky.  w/ that injury compensation wouldn't be too high and he was on his way to becoming a good NFL QB. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Even at this best, he cannot close the deal.  Never thrown for more than 14 TDs.  That is not exciting to me.

he only played 2 years in the league and both seasons were outdoors in Minnesota- not exactly a great place to throw in Nov/Dec.  he was a developing QB, he improved from year 1 to year 2 and helped Minnesota make the playoffs. he was far from a finished product.

He has potential to develop but the injury presents a real risk. It might haunt him through his career. I don't think he's worth what he would likely demand on the basis of the potential and that is especially true with the injury. He plays well for several years without problem and then he hits FA then sure, he would be a worthwhile pick up to play for several years at the position while we continue to root around drafts to his replacement. Now, no.

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I loved him coming out of Louisville, but he hasn't been very good. I don't know that he's physically capable of playing at a high level at the Meadowlands. 

I remember the tears you shed about "losing out" on Bridgewater being very similar to the ones that are now streaming down your face about Watson.  Weird.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

I remember the tears you shed about "losing out" on Bridgewater being very similar to the ones that are now streaming down your face about Watson.  Weird.

I guess my secret's out: I think taking a safety over a quarterback is a dumb move

27 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

McCown is old, we are going to need a vet and acquiring someone like him wouldn't stop us from drafting someone.  think Seattle when they got Flynn, did it stop them from drafting Wilson? or Chicago this year w/ Glennon and Trubisky.  w/ that injury compensation wouldn't be too high and he was on his way to becoming a good NFL QB. 

Only because they're not exhausting their options with Petty and Hack. If neither can be the guy, maybe one of them could be the bridge. But we don't know. 

10 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

If we sign a guy who lost his job to Sam ****in Bradford I'm done . It would be the SAME OL JETS move , I mean we have a 2-22 record qb at the helm

Having a devastating injury that knocks you out for 16+ months and THEN the team trades for Sam Bradford is not exactly losing your job to Sam Bradford.

Bridgewater to me is a guy who if we do take a QB outside of the top 2 would be a good signing to come in and compete with said rookie and at worst becomes a good veteran backup.  Give me Luke Falk in the draft, with our next 2 picks to bolster the team around him (preferably an O-lineman and then any offensive position or OLB) with a short term contract for bridgewater and I think that really improves this offense and gives us some depth at the position.

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

Having a devastating injury that knocks you out for 16+ months and THEN the team trades for Sam Bradford is not exactly losing your job to Sam Bradford.

Bridgewater to me is a guy who if we do take a QB outside of the top 2 would be a good signing to come in and compete with said rookie and at worst becomes a good veteran backup.  Give me Luke Falk in the draft, with our next 2 picks to bolster the team around him (preferably an O-lineman and then any offensive position or OLB) with a short term contract for bridgewater and I think that really improves this offense and gives us some depth at the position.

He lost his job period , Andrew luck got hurt and they didn't give the back up qb a damn team captain badge. He's out of a job 

50 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Could argue it encouraged them to draft Wilson. Led to them staying away from a QB in the middle of round 1 (Weeden), or trading a bunch of picks to move up to #7 for Tannehill, or forcing the issue a round earlier for Osweiller. Likewise, despite that one game, Flynn wasn't nearly enough of a sure thing to wait until rounds 5-7 for his competition. Just how it works out sometimes.

17 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

He lost his job period , Andrew luck got hurt and they didn't give the back up qb a damn team captain badge. He's out of a job 

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  Bridgewater was injured before Bradford even got to the team and still hasn't been medically cleared, so the idea of having "lost" anything is a pure fabrication.  By your logic, has Bradford lost his job to Case Keenum?

Archived