Amari Cooper

AFJF

2 hours ago, JiF said:

This was kind of mind blowing for some reason.  So I spot checked you and it looks of all the greats you could think of Randy Moss was 1 reception away his rookie season and AJ Green was 5 his rookie year.  Nobody else close really.

Gotta admit, I was half expecting a buttfumble for that one, because it does not sound right, but I could not find anyone else after a couple of searches on Pro Football Reference.

On 10/13/2017 at 4:02 PM, Lith said:

In the history of the NFL, there have been 3 WRs who have had 70+ catches and 1,000+ receiving yards in each of their first two seasons in the league.  Amari Cooper is one of those 3. 

He is struggling this year, but not even close to a draft bust. 

If anyone is interested, Odell Beckham and Marques Colston are the other two

Lolz 

//thread

Cooper's "drops" versus KC don't look like drops to me in the usual sense of the word.

It is not like the ball is hitting his hands and he can't corral it. The ball is going THROUGH his hands. 

Not "stone hands" drop, like some of the Jet TEs over the years.

Not concentration drops where he turns his head to run first.

More like hand-eye coordination, neurological delay drops.

Does anybody see the same thing?

On 10/13/2017 at 5:16 AM, AFJF said:

Crazy how invisible he's been this season.

Saw Ross Tucker suggest the other day that he may have done the same thing David Boston did.  Got too muscular and cost him some of that fluidity/smoothness he had.

Through five games, he has 13 catches for 118 and a TD.  I think Kerley and Kearse are both having better seasons than him.

That is crazy to even think about. Really cool though.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is crazy to even think about. Really cool though.

When you see what he did tonight, it’s kinda crazy to see how invisible he had been up until now, isn’t it?  

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

8 catches 154 yards and 2 TDs tonight. Good call. Can you reverse jinx some of my fantasy players?

This should come as a surprise to absolutely no one, but I don't think  you realize Jinxes (Thanks RJF, you're always there for me) aren't a real thing.  Look at the definition.  That's not something a person can do in real life.

jinx
dʒɪŋks/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person or thing that brings bad luck.

A couple of weeks ago I said I was surprised to see what a down year Amari Cooper was having.  This means that I believe he is an immensely talented player who was not producing.  Up to that point, it was 100% accurate.

Looking at how he produced tonight shows that my belief that he is immensely talented was correct, and the fact that he had done so little up to that point actually was quite surprising.  So I was correct.

Now, about your prediction that I would be facing serious legal action for posting a brief article about the arrest of Robby Anderson...how's that prediction looking right about now?  LOL

PS...Don't forget to add your buttfumble emoji to this reply.  I'm sure we have some pre-teen posters who think they're hilarious.

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes but possessive apostrophes are a real thing, Mr. Journalist.

Touché....or is it two shay?

I'd prefer the occasional grammatical error to  holding a belief that Jinxes are real, and fans will face legal action for passsing along factual information about players as reported by others in the media.

One is an honest mistake, while the other should require medication or home monitoring of some kind.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

This should come as a surprise to absolutely no one, but I don't think  you realize Jinxes (Thanks RJF, you're always there for me) aren't a real thing.  Look at the definition.  That's not something a person can do in real life.

jinx
dʒɪŋks/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person or thing that brings bad luck.

A couple of weeks ago I said I was surprised to see what a down year Amari Cooper was having.  This means that I believe he is an immensely talented player who was not producing.  Up to that point, it was 100% accurate.

Looking at how he produced tonight shows that my belief that he is immensely talented was correct, and the fact that he had done so little up to that point actually was quite surprising.  So I was correct.

Now, about your prediction that I would be facing serious legal action for posting a brief article about the arrest of Robby Anderson...how's that prediction looking right about now?  LOL

PS...Don't forget to add your buttfumble emoji to this reply.  I'm sure we have some pre-teen posters who think they're hilarious.

Lighten up, Francis. 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Touché....or is it two shay?

I'd prefer the occasional grammatical error to  holding a belief that Jinxes are real, and fans will face legal action for passsing along factual information about players as reported by others in the media.

One is an honest mistake, while the other should require medication or home monitoring of some kind.

I have been wearing my old school yankee t-shirt, eating pollo tropical and watching the game at my bro's house for each of the last 5 yankee wins.  you know where i be and what i am eating tonight.

59 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

His 210 yards from just last night would rank him third on the Jets for the season (6 games). I wish Amari Cooper was the Jets “problem”. 

Yeah, no doubt. But I watched about 5 minutes of last night's game and saw Amari drop two catchable balls. I also watched him drop a couple against the Jets. I don't know how these statisticians define a dropped pass, but his hands are complete garbage.  

On 10/13/2017 at 2:25 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Cooper has a better player on the other side of him so he is a number 2 option.  He doesnt catch the ball well either.  

I actually think it is the opposite.  I think he is the better and drawing more #1 CB coverage and Crabtree is excellent and getting #2s, makes him the easier option. 

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You didn’t miss much. Just picture a lesser version of Kearse and Kerley and that’s pretty much how it looked. 

Individually or combined. Because if you combine them as one four legged pass catching machine, that is impressive. Assuming the NFL allows it.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Individually or combined. Because if you combine them as one four legged pass catching machine, that is impressive. Assuming the NFL allows it.

Combined, like a centaur with two heads, with the heads being those of Jermaine Kearse and Jeremy Kerley. 

Now picture a guy that isn’t as good as that, and that is what Amari Cooper looked like. 

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Combined, like a centaur with two heads, with the heads being those of Jermaine Kearse and Jeremy Kerley. 

Now picture a guy that isn’t as good as that, and that is what Amari Cooper looked like. 

Think of the one the field vision he would have with 2 heads.

Plus, if you give a concussion to one, the other can take over.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:02 AM, JiF said:

Yeah definitely expected more from him very strange he’s fallen off.  He leads the team with targets at 33 with 13 receptions.  That’s Brandon Marshall bad type of catch percentage. 

They mentioned on thursday night that Cooper is currently leading the league in dropped passes...

Archived