Official Pre-Game Thread: Patriots at Jets (Week 6)

TuscanyTile2

-Rooting against your team IS allowed in the pre-game thread.  Though personally I'm going to root FOR us this week because ultimately my rooting doesn't make a difference in the outcome and if we can beat the Pats to go to 4-2 then maybe we do have a shot to win the division?  (Probably not but I'll just go with that anyway)

-This might be the only week of the season we don't get the C team of announcers for our game.

-We're 9.5 point underdogs at home.  That's the equivalent of the betting public saying "SOJ"

-A Jet loss tomorrow pretty much puts an end to the football season for New Yorkers.  (And don't give me this "the Bills are New York's team".   You know what I mean).

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

-Rooting against your team IS allowed in the pre-game thread.  Though personally I'm going to root FOR us this week because ultimately my rooting doesn't make a difference in the outcome and if we can beat the Pats to go to 4-2 then maybe we do have a shot to win the division?  (Probably not but I'll just go with that anyway)

-This might be the only week of the season we don't get the C team of announcers for our game.

-We're 9.5 point underdogs at home.  That's the equivalent of the betting public saying "SOJ"

-A Jet loss tomorrow pretty much puts an end to the football season for New Yorkers.  (And don't give me this "the Bills are New York's team".   You know what I mean).

I'll be driving from NH to Fredricksburg so I'll be listening to the game on Sirius XM. My wife might have to put up with some cursing as getting off the field on 3rd downs & turnovers are what drive me crazy. This will be the 4th game she has listened to while traveling & the other 3 were nail biters like last years close one with the Pats.

She always says, how come you love this team, their infuriating, every game is like an adventure. Like the game vs the Jags, that game was in the freaking bag before that crazy lateral play. That is a TYPICAL Jet game.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Rooting against your team is NEVER allowed. It can be permitted in certain situations but allowed? NEVER.

I again don't think we can match them offensively. We score 20 or under a game and Brady should easily be able to overmatch that. But the guys on SNY today were more positive. They all think we have a chance. I agree with Westoff that our key player could be Leonard Williams. He thinks if they shift Williams over and he's up against their right tackle he could have a big game and be a force. I hope he's right. Go Jets!

12 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Everyone knows this already, but we may as well say it out loud: if we win, it's because Macc's young studs are really good, if we lose it's because Bowels screwed everything up again

I don't know why, but the only thing I can think to respond to this is, one bite, everybody knows the rules.

The key to this game will be pressure on the QB. The Jets must get to Brady early and often. They must win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. If they do they have a chance. If they don't it could get ugly. The other thing that will be a factor is coaching. With the added prep time the Patriots will have an advantage simply because giving BB and his staff the extended time for film study etc can only benefit them. Can the Jets win this game? I think so. This is the most vulnerable Pats team we have seen in a while based on their performance so far this year. Will they win this game? I'm skeptical. This team cannot play like they did against the Browns obviously and I have a feeling they maybe coming back to earth on Sunday. Things being as they are I think the Jets keep it close but the Pats pull away in the 4th. Pats 30, Jets 20.

I'll be driving from NH to Fredricksburg so I'll be listening to the game on Sirius XM. My wife might have to put up with some cursing as getting off the field on 3rd downs & turnovers are what drive me crazy. This will be the 4th game she has listened to while traveling & the other 3 were nail biters like last years close one with the Pats.
She always says, how come you love this team, their infuriating, every game is like an adventure. Like the game vs the Jags, that game was in the freaking bag before that crazy lateral play. That is a TYPICAL Jet game.

I can't imagine having plans to be driving, visiting, or anything -- on a Sunday vs the patriots. There's just no way. Family knows that's off limits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived