Jets waive Jalin Marshall

JetsFanatic

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I know he was already activated, I was just wondering if they weren't allowed to do that during his suspension. Seems weird that they activate him, and then waive him before the next game. Like, what have they seen from just a few days of practice out of him to waive? Was he out of shape like @Jetster thought? What could they have possibly learned in this short time that they didn't already know? Perhaps it's just a matter of them wanting Coleman on the roster more than anything, and Marshall just happened to be the odd man out.

Gotcha, he may have been out of shape thats definitely a possibility. So, I'm assuming it was that or like you said maybe they didn't like what they saw from him. I could see him being waived since he wasn't so great last season and the coaching staff probably felt they had enough returners right now. As for Coleman I'm excited to see him play, but that most likely won't be anytime soon.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Didn’t they cut Marcus Williams to activate Marshall?  

They did.  I was hoping Coleman would get a shot to replace Williams at some point this season anyway, so now we get that.  Another young guy over a vet jag who hasn't done much in a couple years.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Shocked by this. 

I am too.  I think something had to have happened behind the scenes or  Marshall just came back for a couple weeks of practice and had a ton of drops//fumbles.

I think fans are reading too much into this. 

Marshall, Kerley, Stewart. Would you play Marshall over the other two in the slot? So you cut him Saturday in hopes he makes it through waivers. Let him develop there. Has upside but turnover prone and margin of victory for these jets is razor thin.

Williams was released. You hope they saw something in the rookie Coleman. 

3 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I think fans are reading too much into this. 

Marshall, Kerley, Stewart. Would you play Marshall over the other two in the slot? So you cut him Saturday in hopes he makes it through waivers. Let him develop there. Has upside but turnover prone and margin of victory for these jets is razor thin.

Williams was released. You hope they saw something in the rookie Coleman. 

Maybe so, but I would have cut Marshall the minute his suspension was over . The only reason I kept him around was in case injuries ravaged the receiving core . When you're an undrafted free agent that made a roster, you don't get suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy after spending your 1st year proving that you have a problem holding onto the ball  . 

On 10/14/2017 at 8:18 PM, C Mart said:

I think I have this correct. Jets waived him this afternoon. I’m pretty sure waiver claims are awarded 4:00pm the following day. So even if Pats claim him Marshall won’t be awarded to a claiming team until 4:00pm tomorrow. So it won’t be in time for tomorrow’s game.  

JMO. Roberts and Burris are coming off injuries. Roberts is a hammy and we all know those can be tweaked pretty easily. Williams was waived earlier in the week. So Coleman provides CB depth. 

The move was done today to try and “sneak” Marshall through waivers. If he clears they can resign him next week or sign him to the PS. JMO. 

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets have signed wide receiver Jalin Marshall to the practice squad two days after placing him on waivers.

Marshall, who cleared waivers on Monday, was signed last year as an undrafted free agent out of Ohio State. He had 14 catches and two touchdowns as a rookie.

Coach Todd Bowles says that the Jets needed a spot on the active roster for a backup nickel cornerback against New England on Sunday, so they released Marshall to make room for Xavier Coleman on Saturday. Coleman made his NFL debut against the Patriots and played three snaps each on defense and special teams.

Marshall served a four-game suspension to start the season for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancers to start the season.

http://pro32.ap.org/wxow/article/jets-sign-wr-jalin-marshall-practice-squad

Archived