Game off, done

NoBowles

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Pretty much everything you say here is true. No way the NFL or their pocket referee's were going to let the Jets win this game.

The Helmet to Helmet + the Defenseless receiver waived off was the turning point we would have probably gone up 17 - 0 or 21-0 on that drive. 

The pass interference on Adams when Gronk basically threw him to the ground after pushing off was another disaster

The ASJ so called fumble was the worst call in the history of this league. At the very best it should have been inconclusive and the TD stands but it was obvious he had possession.

**** the Patriots and the NFL who loves them. **** them all.

Looked like Gronk kept Adams from turning and intercepting that ball.

I shut the game off after the TD. Worst case scenario should have been ball at the 1 inch line. No way they could tell conclusively that it was not a TD but at the very least they can not tell me they know he lost control before his knee went down before the goal then regained control with his knee still out of bounds but for sure after he crossed the goal. That's some detective work right there to leave no doubt on that one. 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Pretty much everything you say here is true. No way the NFL or their pocket referee's were going to let the Jets win this game.

The Helmet to Helmet + the Defenseless receiver waived off was the turning point we would have probably gone up 17 - 0 or 21-0 on that drive. 

The pass interference on Adams when Gronk basically threw him to the ground after pushing off was another disaster

The ASJ so called fumble was the worst call in the history of this league. At the very best it should have been inconclusive and the TD stands but it was obvious he had possession.

**** the Patriots and the NFL who loves them. **** them all.

Yup yup

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's not fixed.  Some bad calls went our way too.

We are a rebuilding team that can surprisingly keep up with scrubs but can't keep up with the elites.  Not sure what you were expecting.

SAR I

I expected the Jets to lose. I think a few others expected that the game would be balanced. Unlike them though, I did not expect it to be a fairly called game. In fact, I have come to expect it. It's part of the script.

I'm sorry, but if you can't see that the games are artificially influenced week in and week out by people that aren't on the field, then you just aren't paying attention. It's a business. They're going to produce a product that maximizes revenue. Unfortunately for football fans, this is it.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I saw a pumpkin that looked like the logo for Gawker and I SMASHED IT and, like that, it’s as if my trucker dad had approved of me this whole time and I just didn’t see it.

Your dad was a trucker too? What a coincidence!

It’s funny, I remember getting banned from jets message boards starting in 2011 when I started questioning the immortal Rex Ryan. I probably lost half of my usernames due to blasting Rex when he was a demigod. I’m right way more than I’m wrong, I’m just way ahead of my time, and it takes a while for everyone to see it.

Just now, NoBowles said:

It’s funny, I remember getting banned from jets message boards starting in 2011 when I started questioning the immortal Rex Ryan. I probably lost half of my usernames due to blasting Rex when he was a demigod. I’m right way more than I’m wrong, I’m just way ahead of my time, and it takes a while for everyone to see it.

You got lucky this time....

25 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I expected the Jets to lose. I think a few others expected that the game would be balanced. Unlike them though, I did not expect it to be a fairly called game. In fact, I have come to expect it. It's part of the script.

I'm sorry, but if you can't see that the games are artificially influenced week in and week out by people that aren't on the field, then you just aren't paying attention. It's a business. They're going to produce a product that maximizes revenue. Unfortunately, this is it.

Making calls that favor WRs and QBs (i.e. scoring) has been going on for a while, sure. This was another level. I have always said that refs are either incompetent or on the take. Those are your 2 choices, there are no other options.  

Just now, NoBowles said:

Yeah, got lucky predicting the Mets debacle too, that you and @RutgersJetFan blasted me for. I’m just all luck, really dumb luck 

The picked up flag on the Robbie Anderson hit wasn't terrible until they started calling ticky tack calls on the jets like the PI or unnecessary roughness butttttttt there is no way you or anybody could've known how bad we were gonna get screwed today

as far as the Mets. You can do that same sh*t every year and be right 99% of the time 

46 minutes ago, rangerous said:

there's a difference between thinking the jets would win and thinking a win would be taken away.  pretty good idea which way the refs were swinging today.

I agree completely that we were robbed.  But some of you are missing the big picture which is:

1.  We are not a playoff team.

2.  Therefore wins and losses don't matter.

3.  Effort matters.

4.  Coaching matters.

5.  Young players developing matters.

6.  Team chemistry matters.

The Jets just hung with the Super Bowl Champions and overwhelming AFC favorites.  They played like a team, with passion, with max effort.  Today was an A+ even though we lost.  Today is a day that should make Jets fans happy, not sad.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I agree completely that we were robbed.  But some of you are missing the big picture which is:

3.  Effort matters.

4.  Coaching matters.

The Jets just hung with the Super Bowl Champions and overwhelming AFC favorites.  Today was an A+ even though we lost.  Today is a day that should make Jets fans happy, not sad.

SAR I

That's a silver lining.... I def was pumped to watch this game and even after getting robbed it was more good than bad of an experience 

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

Making calls that favor WRs and QBs (i.e. scoring) has been going on for a while, sure. This was another level. I have always said that refs are either incompetent or on the take. Those are your 2 choices, there are no other options.  

The level of absurdity will continue to rise as long as people keep looking the other way or allowing themselves to be fooled. Boston fans on social media are actually claiming it was a make-up call for all the anti-Pats transgressions earlier in the game.

Who is the league going to play its product to? The delusional fan base whose rabid interest you can hold only when their team is good? Or the one that still buys out every ticket of every game and gets big ratings despite decades of incompetence?

The story isn't going to change for this franchise until we as fans make it more profitable for the Jets to be good than not. Time to stop watching the games. 

40 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I'm sorry, but if you can't see that the games are artificially influenced week in and week out by people that aren't on the field, then you just aren't paying attention. It's a business. They're going to produce a product that maximizes revenue. Unfortunately for football fans, this is it.

We're on the same page with everything except the Grassy Knoll.

I don't see how the Patriots winning today helps the NFL in any way.  If this were a conspiracy, the NFL would want the Jets to win.  The "underdog" sells.  And the Giants sucking so badly in the nation's biggest TV market would make the Jets ascension far, far more attractive to advertisers for the balance of the season as the 22 million viewers in the New York area aren't going to watch the Jets or Giants if they both are toasted this early in the year. 

The TV audience is bored to death of Tom Brady and the Patriots.  That's the flaw in the conspiracy argument.  

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

3.  Effort matters.

4.  Coaching matters.

The Jets just hung with the Super Bowl Champions and overwhelming AFC favorites.  They played like a team, with passion, with max effort.  Today was an A+ even though we lost.  Today is a day that should make Jets fans happy, not sad.

SAR I

All of these things matter way less to me than the fact that this sport sucks.

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I saw a pumpkin that looked like the logo for Gawker and I SMASHED IT and, like that, it’s as if my trucker dad had approved of me this whole time and I just didn’t see it.

92K post and yet nothing?

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We're on the same page with everything except the Grassy Knoll.

I don't see how the Patriots winning today helps the NFL in any way.  If this were a conspiracy, the NFL would want the Jets to win.  The "underdog" sells.  And the Giants sucking so badly in the nation's biggest TV market would make the Jets ascension far, far more attractive to advertisers for the balance of the season as the 22 million viewers in the New York area aren't going to watch the Jets or Giants if they both are toasted this early in the year. 

The TV audience is bored to death of Tom Brady and the Patriots.  That's the flaw in the conspiracy argument.  

SAR I

Except you are completely wrong.

The NFL knows about every single one of its fanbases. Here's what it knows about Pats fans and Jets fans.

1) Pats fans will make you lots of money if their team is good. If their team is not good, you lose that major market completely for a while.

2) Jets fans will come back indefinitely. All you have to do is ensure that they compete every three years or so. There's no advantage to them being anything more than mediocre. You can even convince some of them that a PSL is a "good investment"

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

All of these things matter way less to me than the fact that this sport sucks.

I agree with you there too, and as a season ticket holder that's a big problem for the NFL.

There is no competitive balance in the NFL.  You either have a franchise QB or you don't.  It's not that the refs are crooked, it's that the rules are designed to let quarterback-heavy teams win and there are only 8 quality quarterbacks in the league.  So if you have one of those guys, you're bored as you yawn your way to a 11 win season.  And if you don't have one of those guys, you're bored as you sorta but don't pay attention as you fall apart in a 6 win season.

The NFL used to be the best sport because with a strong running game and a decent defense you used to stand a chance of winning.  Today, that doesn't matter.  You either have the QB or you don't.  And the rules changes and replay have made the game maddening and frustrating for fans, no TD is safe, no emotion is spent properly.  It's a mess.  The ratings are finally reflecting it.

SAR I

I think it's also time for people to realize that the NFL doesn't have rights to the sport of football. Sure it would take more billionaires to start a new league, but competition is a good thing. This is what happens when there is a monopoly (of sorts)

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Except you are completely wrong.

The NFL knows about every single one of its fanbases. Here's what it knows about Pats fans and Jets fans.

1) Pats fans will make you lots of money if their team is good. If their team is not good, you lose that major market completely for a while.

2) Jets fans will come back indefinitely. All you have to do is ensure that they compete every three years or so. There's no advantage to them being anything more than mediocre. You can even convince some of them that a PSL is a "good investment"

You're talking about fans in the stadium when you should be talking about TV ratings.

The Boston market is #7 with 2.4 million homes watching at any given moment.   The New York market is #1 with 7.4 million homes.  If Boston increases 10% because of the Patriots winning while New York decreases 20% because of the Jets and Giants losing, the NFL loses a massive amount of ad revenue.

If the game were fixed for the "greedy NFL", the Jets would have gotten all the calls, not the Patriots.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree with you there too, and as a season ticket holder that's a big problem for the NFL.

There is no competitive balance in the NFL.  You either have a franchise QB or you don't.  It's not that the refs are crooked, it's that the rules are designed to let quarterback-heavy teams win and there are only 8 quality quarterbacks in the league.  So if you have one of those guys, you're bored as you yawn your way to a 11 win season.  And if you don't have one of those guys, you're bored as you sorta but don't pay attention as you fall apart in a 6 win season.

The NFL used to be the best sport because with a strong running game and a decent defense you used to stand a chance of winning.  Today, that doesn't matter.  You either have the QB or you don't.  And the rules changes and replay have made the game maddening and frustrating for fans, no TD is safe, no emotion is spent properly.  It's a mess.  The ratings are finally reflecting it.

SAR I

Completely agree. Qb driven league, no qb, no chance. 

That being said, jets were screwed today and it was blatant.

Lots of pats fans around me today. Made for a real fun day at the stadium. 

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're talking about fans in the stadium when you should be talking about TV ratings.

The Boston market is #7 with 2.4 million homes watching at any given moment.   The New York market is #1 with 7.4 million homes.  If Boston increases 10% because of the Patriots winning while New York decreases 20% because of the Jets and Giants losing, the NFL loses a massive amount of ad revenue.

If the game were fixed for the "greedy NFL", the Jets would have gotten all the calls, not the Patriots.

SAR I

The Patriots are by far and away the most popular team internationally so this theory does not stand up.

Agreed with your post on the NFL and QB's though. The intrigue with the league used to be about the multiple way to get a winning team. Now it's just about getting a QB.

Archived