Game off, done

NoBowles

It was a sh*t call and Kraft obviously has clout with the league office. I cant stand the sight of him. The Pats get calls because they have the most popular and most marketable player in the league. That being said, lets get a grip here. We suck and it's depressing there's not a lot of young talent to get behind. 

Also, the Jets owner walked out to work for the guy who's going out of his way to embarrass Goodell.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree completely that we were robbed.  But some of you are missing the big picture which is:

1.  We are not a playoff team.

2.  Therefore wins and losses don't matter.

3.  Effort matters.

4.  Coaching matters.

5.  Young players developing matters.

6.  Team chemistry matters.

The Jets just hung with the Super Bowl Champions and overwhelming AFC favorites.  They played like a team, with passion, with max effort.  Today was an A+ even though we lost.  Today is a day that should make Jets fans happy, not sad.

SAR I

i'm good with it for the reasons stated.  i had very low expectations for this game going in and they did better than they should have.  there are certainly some players who need work and others who are working out quite nicely.  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The ball is in the picture I posted and it's out when he hits the ground. Not saying it's right or wrong, but you can see how the refs elected to make the call. 

The video I posted after shows where he regains possession though.  As long as that ball or ASJ aren't out of bounds, it's a TD.  Plain and simple.  If you watch that, then no, I can't understand why or how the refs made their call.  It's just bad man.

25 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The Patriots are by far and away the most popular team internationally so this theory does not stand up.

Agreed with your post on the NFL and QB's though. The intrigue with the league used to be about the multiple way to get a winning team. Now it's just about getting a QB.

So because the Patriots draw 10,000 fans in the UK to watch NFL broadcasts at 11pm the Jets were served up a loss today?

Trust me, if the NFL wanted to rig the game to favor TV ratings and ad revenue and gameday ticket sales the Jets would be 6-0.  New York is the biggest TV market in the world.  Ad exposure per 30 second spot creates 3x the revenue it does in Boston.  The Jets have the biggest stadium in the AFC and lead the conference in attendance since MetLife was opened.

There is no truth to this theory that the NFL needs the Patriots in order to be successful.  This isn't the Yankees for MLB or the Rangers for NHL.  They are a small market team.

SAR I

4 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Maybe instead of blaming refs (who were extremely bad) we should blame the Jets coaches for sitting on a lead in the 2nd half. It isn't important who wins, its important the you establish the run...

This... I shut the game off at 14-7 and never went back because we all knew at 14-0 Bowles would go conservative, play scared and not to lose, and completely stop being aggressive. Exactly what happened being outscored 24-3 thereafter. Too predictable that would happen. I left and went to the gym to distance myself from the game. I am not going to let them reel me back in emotionally only to have my intestines ripped out yet again. I am glad I didn't watch the rest of the game. The NFL has become the OFL, Officials Football League. They are the stars. They control the games and the final scores. I yearn for the time 10-15 years ago when the refs called the game as they saw it and were not glamorized being on TV every minute making stupid assed calls and delaying games for minutes on end with idiotic replays.

5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

So in a matter of a few plays, the refs completely take over the game, lol. What a joke.

PI and helmet to helmet, defenseless receiver called OFF.

PI against Adams that was more of a PI against Gronk.

3 blatant tackle holds on the drive by the Pats, not called.

Kneeling players, fixed games, no thanks NFL, Im done

They made the helmet to helmet call on the field on Robbie Anderson.  The call was Austin Sefarian-Jenkins scored a touchdown on the field.  Why in the hell were both reversed ? What in the actual F*** ? 

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

So because the Patriots draw 10,000 fans in the UK to watch NFL broadcasts at 11pm the Jets were served up a loss today?

Trust me, if the NFL wanted to rig the game to favor TV ratings and ad revenue and gameday ticket sales the Jets would be 6-0.  New York is the biggest TV market in the world.  Ad exposure per 30 second spot creates 3x the revenue it does in Boston.  The Jets have the biggest stadium in the AFC and lead the conference in attendance since MetLife was opened.

There is no truth to this theory that the NFL needs the Patriots in order to be successful.  This isn't the Yankees for MLB or the Rangers for NHL.  They are a small market team.

SAR I

Never said I believed the theory. 

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The Pats were called for illegal pick plays about 3 times today makes it look like that's part of their offensive play book. Imagine how many times those cheats get away with it.

Every team in the NFL runs a variation of the pick play.  I never liked when they made this play illegal.  It was a bread and butter call for everybody.  Guys had to have their heads on a swivel.

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The Pats were called for illegal pick plays about 3 times today makes it look like that's part of their offensive play book. Imagine how many times those cheats get away with it.

Cooks also never caught the TD pass against the Texans. It sucks, but Kraft has paid his dues.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Refs didn't make the call.  The booth did. 

Which coincidentally thought the Cooks catch was a TD against the Texans. The centralized booth is basically admitting that this is just a TV show with a script.

20 hours ago, Crashing&Burning said:

This was the worst call I have ever seen in my entire life, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan. This reeks of corruption. 

Guess you didn't see Testaverde's helmet score a TD on Monday Night football against the Seahawks.  This wasn't corruption. Like Testaverde's helmet, poop happens.

19 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Guess you didn't see Testaverde's helmet score a TD on Monday Night football against the Seahawks.  This wasn't corruption. Like Testaverde's helmet, poop happens.

If Testaverde's helmet TD was reviewed by IR, I would completely agree, but it wasn't. In fact, that one call actually brought IR back. Without IR, there were tons, and tons of bad calls which was totally understandable. Guys going 1000 mph and refs looking through 20 300+ lb men, its not getting it wrong the first time that is the problem. Its when you review it with IR and you get it wrong. And even worse, when you overrule whats called on the field, when you are supposed to have undoubtable evidence to overturn it.

10 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

If Testaverde's helmet TD was reviewed by IR, I would completely agree, but it wasn't. In fact, that one call actually brought IR back. Without IR, there were tons, and tons of bad calls which was totally understandable. Guys going 1000 mph and refs looking through 20 300+ lb men, its not getting it wrong the first time that is the problem. Its when you review it with IR and you get it wrong. And even worse, when you overrule whats called on the field, when you are supposed to have undoubtable evidence to overturn it.

I agree, but this is the pic that they reversed the call on..   There seems to be a fumble.  It still should not have been reversed because IMO it isn't conclusive where the ball was when it came out.  Not a mega conspiracy, just bad judgement on the part of the re-play official.   

cut.jpg

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I agree, but this is the pic that they reversed the call on..   There seems to be a fumble.  It still should not have been reversed because IMO it isn't conclusive where the ball was when it came out.  Not a mega conspiracy, just bad judgement on the part of the re-play official.   

cut.jpg

But heres the thing, they are doing IR off of video, not a single picture. Every video angle I saw, and even the frame by frame pictures posted here:  Make it look like he lost control of the ball for a fraction of a second, that frame, but then clearly regained possession before hitting the EZ. If the call on the field was the other way around, I think you'd have more of an argument. 

FWIW, I don't know which stupid thing I was looking at, but they said they have some explaining to do.  Might even have been on NFL network.  Supposedly the guys that overturned the call said that they had a clear angle that wasn't seen on TV.  OTOH, they also are supposed to get the feed from the broadcaster and not have anything else to go on, so where was this alleged smoking gun.  Are they going to burn these tapes too?  

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

But heres the thing, they are doing IR off of video, not a single picture. Every video angle I saw, and even the frame by frame pictures posted here:  Make it look like he lost control of the ball for a fraction of a second, that frame, but then clearly regained possession before hitting the EZ. If the call on the field was the other way around, I think you'd have more of an argument. 

LOL

That is exactly what my argument is.  It should not have been reversed, but it certainly wasn't a league plot against the Jets.

I know the Global conspiracy against the Jets theory is a lot of fun, so carry on.

18 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

That is exactly what my argument is.  It should not have been reversed, but it certainly wasn't a league plot against the Jets.

I know the Global conspiracy against the Jets theory is a lot of fun, so carry on.

Is that your quote?  Whole quoting thing seems ****ed up.  Anyway, I do not see any reason for people to think there is a Global conspiracy against the Jets.  A Global conspiracy in favor of the Patriots?  I've seen plenty of evidence to indicate that.

23 hours ago, NoBowles said:

So in a matter of a few plays, the refs completely take over the game, lol. What a joke.

PI and helmet to helmet, defenseless receiver called OFF.

PI against Adams that was more of a PI against Gronk.

3 blatant tackle holds on the drive by the Pats, not called.

Kneeling players, fixed games, no thanks NFL, Im done

Wow, this was posted before the ASJ debacle. You are only lucky guy for not having to watch that BS call also. I should have the turned off with you. 

Archived