Should the Jets File a Protest?

Warfish

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm absolutely numb right now  .  I wanna hurt someone but know that I can't .  This is the new normal in the world we live in where you can find a reason to explain away wrong doing if it fits your agenda . I'm seriously considering not doing this anymore .

Just now, Tinstar said:

I'm absolutely numb right now  .  I wanna hurt someone but know that I can't .  This is the new normal in the world we live in where you can find a reason to explain away wrong doing if it fits your agenda . I'm seriously considering not doing this anymore .

Do you own a baseball bat and a car take it outside buddy. 

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

This doesn't sound like a very healthy reaction.  It's still just a game. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Topic title says it all.  Today was IMO the worst and most lopsided officiating I've ever had the displeasure to witness.  From picked up flags, to phantom calls, to the criminal nature of the "no, not a TD, it's a turnover, lol!" play, there is no chance that the outcome of today's game was fair.  

Not saying we'd have won, the team has much to apologize for today.  A major opportunity was blown.

But that does NOT change that the officiating, at multiple key moments, made massive game-altering shifts via exceptionally questionable or outright fraudulent calls, that had a material outcome on the result.

I hope this franchise at least has the balls to call a bag of dogsh*t what it is, and file a formal protest with the league.  We all know they won't win....but ffs sake, stand UP for your players and fans, because both got unwelcome anal intercourse today from these Refs.

I was at the game so I never got the benefit of seeing the play, or plays that were possibly atrocious, BUT even if they were all against the Jets the Jets did more to lose the game from Q2-Q4 then the officials did so they have no gripe IMO.

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Both Blandino and Pereira are now on record that the call on the field should have stood.

Mostly everybody watching the game who has any knowledge of football knows that call on the field should have never been overturned. Truly the worst call I have ever seen. God forbid the NFL admits they made a mistake. 

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Grow up.

You are naive or willfully blind if you haven't noticed that certain teams are favored and others are treated like stepchildren. And that the game has become about gambling and they have to protect the billions of dollars at stake. 

Do you honestly believe the officials of a billion dollar industry could be this incompetent all on their own? 

This is what is wrong with the NFL today. Hours since the game has ended and instead of talking about a great game, a terrible game, football all the talk is about the officiating 

this is what's going to kill the NFL. Not anything else 

In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!

It was a brutal brutal call by the officials and it's unacceptable. They took the game away from the players who were playing it. Embarrassing calls like that should warrant a fine from the league when they review it. They have to do something to stop officials from completely overanalyzing plays like that. It might help make them less flag happy as well.

16 minutes ago, Xtina said:

You are naive or willfully blind if you haven't noticed that certain teams are favored and others are treated like stepchildren. And that the game has become about gambling and they have to protect the billions of dollars at stake. 

Do you honestly believe the officials of a billion dollar industry could be this incompetent all on their own? 

Yes, I agree. Football is rigged and that's why the Patriots always win and the Jets always lose. Also there is an easter bunny.

The ridiculousness of that is difficult to really comprehend. I seriously thought I was past football bothering me at all.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still up for coming here and getting into a good argument with you guys, but that's a whole different story, and we all strangely get a bit of enjoyment out of it.  It's been a long time now since I've really felt games can get me worked up at all.  Sure, there's an individual play that has you cheering or booing, but I felt like when it was all over, it was a matter of moving on to more important things.  But holy sh*t, today absolutely infuriated me to a level that I can't quite explain.  I'm still endlessly ******* irritated right now by the sh*t we all had to deal with.

It's not even a point of poutiness over a single loss or the team we root for, I'm really at the point I'm questioning whether I should keep watching this, because there is absolutely no reason to be getting even the slightest shred of additional stress from this pile of garbage.

It's been a slow gradual process of the game being far less enjoyable with each passing year, but this year has been worse than ever, and while it is certainly not the worst single loss we've all witnessed, simply because of significance, today was as much of a steaming pile of crap as this league could ever be.

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Mike Pereira on twitter said we got screwed. 

Pereira says we got screwed. Some guy pretending to be a Bills fan says we got screwed. Nobody's saying it wasn't a pretty blatant screwup. But the nonsense about worst call ever this rigged that is completely ridiculous. If you haven't seen fifty worse blown calls you are one sheltered little flower.

Here's what the NY replay guy saw.  From the endzone view it appeared ASJ's hand lost control of the ball a split second before it "broke the plane".  It went into the EZ as a live ball fumble.  ASJ never got control of it again, and it rolled out of bounds......Turn over

My problem is that the ruling on the field was a TD.  IMO the view of the ball coming out was not conclusive.  It was hard to see where the ball was at that point

16 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Yes, I agree. Football is rigged and that's why the Patriots always win and the Jets always lose. Also there is an easter bunny.

Believing it's not fixed is like believing in the Easter bunny. Not the other way around 

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Here's what the NY replay guy saw.  From the endzone view it appeared ASJ's hand lost control of the ball a split second before it "broke the plane".  It went into the EZ as a live ball fumble.  ASJ never got control of it again, and it rolled out of bounds......Turn over

My problem is that the ruling on the field was a TD.  IMO the view of the ball coming out was not conclusive.  It was hard to see where the ball was at that point

That explanation is horse sh*t. Split second? So you're feeding the fans the play was overturned because they saw conclusive evidence in that split second. 

That NY replay guy did the impossible and made that sh*t call worst.

54 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It was actually the first game this season that the Jets looked like a competent team. But only for about a quarter and a half.

Not true. The dominated Miami the entire game and Jacksonville for 3 quarters until McCown almost gave it away. 

29 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Pereira says we got screwed. Some guy pretending to be a Bills fan says we got screwed. Nobody's saying it wasn't a pretty blatant screwup. But the nonsense about worst call ever this rigged that is completely ridiculous. If you haven't seen fifty worse blown calls you are one sheltered little flower.

So the league and the officials are REALLY bad and have a history of being really bad? Is that what you're saying?

2 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It was one of the worst calls I have ever seen in 50 years of watching football, sorry. The assinine overturn of a called TD on the field not took away the 7 points but gave the ball back to the pats in a game the jets lost by 7 points. I've never been a conspiracy theory guy but holy sh*t after watching the officiating in this game one has to wonder. 

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

In a way, all of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo!

Would you say we had a plethora of bad calls today, Hefe? 

Ahhh..I'm pissed, not about the call per se (though it was wrong) but moreso on how the NFL has become an unwatchable game.  Some things at this juncture just seem too contrived, with penalty flags seemingly being thrown at random based on however the NFL decides the rules are to be interpreted at the time.  There are so many 'rules', a penalty can realistically be called on any play, so the refs have little to fear.

What really burns me is that I honestly believe that if the shoe was on the other foot (i.e., that was Gronk instead of ASJ), I sincerely doubt that play would have been overturned...now, I know that's just my opinion, but if what transpires each week in the NFL leads me to believe it to be so, why the hell do I keep tuning in?

Last point, and once again, just my opinion, so whatever...but, if that play had happened, say, in the SB or AFC/NFC championship game, and was ruled a TD on the field before the mandatory commercial break, does anyone not believe that the NFL at least thinks twice about reversing the call on the field?  Really?

If the NFL wants to review every 'scoring play' because of it's 'significance', what about the BS PI call on Adams that gave the Pats the ball at the 1 (easy TD) and the non-call PI on Lee?  How about the picked up flag when Anderson got popped when the Jets were up 14-0?  It was helmet to helmet, and he was in a defenseless posture.

There's entirely too much randomness in the NFL to the point that too often the play on the field doesn't determine the outcome, but rather the league.

End rant.

We weren't going to beat the Patsies anyway, but I'm happy the guys went down fighting and at least lost with some dignity. And yes, the officiating sucked and it was obvious they had a clear bias for the Patriots. Cracks are definitely showing on that teams

They aren't going to file a protest. Sure I'd feel a little better if they did. Now I won't have any absolution until next Sunday when we play again. And I'm hoping the team is as pissed as most of us are. And takes it out on Miami. I'm hoping for a big game by us. For the rest of the week I'll be thinking about that call and being miserable. 

Archived