Brett Hundley

Lupz27

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Why are sports so chock full of fans wanting other teams' sh*t? This is a very popular thing amongst hockey fans as well. 'Just needs a change of scenery'. Nah, he sucks. 

A decent prospect from a good college program who gets drafted by a good team and has been backing up one of the best QBs of all time is not "other teams' sh*t" until he proves it on the field. There's no reason to assume he sucks.

15 hours ago, Baeton Manning said:

Jacoby Brissett is the backup QB to watch this year, right? I mean there's no way I'm actually watching Colts-Titans tomorrow but still, he's not total garbage

I'd be all for us trading for Brissett. He won't be a free agent for another couple of years.

13 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Sure. Or give him the week to prepare?

So you’re telling me the backup QB, who has been there for a bit now, wasn’t prepared even though the NFL is a violent game and injuries happen all of the time? Sounds like somebody I wouldn’t want on the team. Always prepare as if you’ll have to do your damned job. 

2 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

I'm saying that he didn't do that well. But if you really want to have an idea of how he could perform as a starter, then give him the opportunity to prepare like a starter before you claim that he is garbage or I believe the quote was "sh*t"

He is also a different type of QB then Rodgers the offensive game plan will be much different catering to his skill set with a weeks worth of preparation knowing he is the starter.

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Still early. He's got the rest of the year with full practice reps and gameplan adjustments to show the league he's a starter.

The guy I want us to trade for is Brissett though, if we can't sign Garropolo, or Cousins.

I agree.  Send the Colts a 2nd for Brissett I have been impressed with what he’s done there in spite not even knowing the plays

28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I agree.  Send the Colts a 2nd for Brissett I have been impressed with what he’s done there in spite not even knowing the plays

I'd happily give one our seconds for him, give him two years on a rookie deal to show he's the man, build the rest of the roster up through draft and fa. If he doesn't work out, by then we should have a real nice foundation in place...trade up for whichever QB we love in th draft in 2020.

He's still so young. He's already showing leadership skills on the sideline keeping the team together, and apparently everyones been impressed by his work ethic and preparation. Rocket arm, accurate, decisive, mobile enough, tough, smart...and the team he is on right now is garbage. He's succeeding DESPITE brian schottenheimer being there.

One thing I remember in his pre draft analysis was that he loses sight downfield in the midst of pressure. I have seen the complete opposite of that since he's been at Indy. So, something hes overcome. 

His personal mentor is Parcells. He was trained by BB his rookie year, while watching Brady. So he knows how to prepare the right way. 

On 10/15/2017 at 11:49 PM, BrickTamland said:

A decent prospect from a good college program who gets drafted by a good team and has been backing up one of the best QBs of all time is not "other teams' sh*t" until he proves it on the field. There's no reason to assume he sucks.

He wasn't a particularly great prospect, no matter what the combine said. 

19 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

Sure. Or give him the week to prepare?

Give him a year.  Hundley is one of those guys, like Hackenberg, that looks like a player getting off the bus.  He doesn't really do it in games though.  In college he took a ton of sacks, had accuracy issues and had trouble with his progressions.  He took 4 sacks on Sunday.  It is nice to think that 3 years in Wisconsin cured all that, but there is a reason he went in the 5th.  I can see liking the kids potential, but there isn't much reason to like him more than Petty or Hackenberg unless you are excited that the Packers electing not to re-sign Tolzien.  

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He wasn't a particularly great prospect, no matter what the combine said. 

Give him a year.  Hundley is one of those guys, like Hackenberg, that looks like a player getting off the bus.  He doesn't really do it in games though.  In college he took a ton of sacks, had accuracy issues and had trouble with his progressions.  He took 4 sacks on Sunday.  It is nice to think that 3 years in Wisconsin cured all that, but there is a reason he went in the 5th.  I can see liking the kids potential, but there isn't much reason to like him more than Petty or Hackenberg unless you are excited that the Packers electing not to re-sign Tolzien.  

We're in agreement. A year to evaluate sounds right to me too

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Brett Hundley is AWFUL.  I actually would not be shocked if the Packers signed Kaepernick 

No chance of that for now.  McCarthy was very clear that they aren't adding a QB this week and Hundley is their guy.  Read between the lines and he's really saying there's no way Kaepernick is getting anywhere near the building unless he buys a ticket.

Write him a letter after he pulls it off this weekend and maybe he will tweet you about it. I'm guessing he will have some reps with the ones, develop better chemistry with the receivers, brush up on the schemes.  

edited to add:

I don't pretend to know that he's good and I really don't have a dog in the fight. Except to say that he has been a backup to this point and has not gotten his chance yet. Is he not allowed a chance before his judgment day? It is the easiest thing in the world to "call" that a given qb will suck -- almost all of them do -- so what kind of pleasure does it provide to claim that a guy sucks before he even plays? 

Archived