Brett Hundley

Lupz27

7 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Write him a letter after he pulls it off this weekend and maybe he will tweet you about it. I'm guessing he will have some reps with the ones, develop better chemistry with the receivers, brush up on the schemes.  

edited to add:

I don't pretend to know that he's good and I really don't have a dog in the fight. Except to say that he has been a backup to this point and has not gotten his chance yet. Is he not allowed a chance before his judgment day? It is the easiest thing in the world to "call" that a given qb will suck -- almost all of them do -- so what kind of pleasure does it provide to claim that a guy sucks before he even plays? 

Good question.  Ask Todd Bowles and see what his answer is.

In the NFL, one mans's trash is another man's trash.  Hundley is trash.  We have two stiff backups (well one is a stiff backup, the other is a pile of steaming hot garbage, but that's a discussion for another day) that we can throw into the starting role on our own roster.  No need to import more trash.

34 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Curious... What's specific preparations will he do this week to not throw 3 picks that he wasn't doing before.  Genuinely want to know.

it's called getting mentally prepared to be put in the game.  i remember when cassel started or went in for brady during the season.  he was beyond awful for that one game.  the next season brady goes down and all of a sudden cassel is doing pretty well.  hundley should look much better this week.

31 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

We're in agreement. A year to evaluate sounds right to me too

Haha.  That's fair enough.  My posts did come off a bit more negatively than I intended.  My point is that there is ZERO reason to count on a guy like Hundley.  We aren't even checking out the guys we have that are similar prospects.  We need an actual plug in and start QB.  Hundley is still a project.  IMO he will still be one next year.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Haha.  That's fair enough.  My posts did come off a bit more negatively than I intended.  My point is that there is ZERO reason to count on a guy like Hundley.  We aren't even checking out the guys we have that are similar prospects.  We need an actual plug in and start QB.  Hundley is still a project.  IMO he will still be one next year.

As nycdan suggests above, it's too bad we don't partake in the evaluation process here

57 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Write him a letter after he pulls it off this weekend and maybe he will tweet you about it. I'm guessing he will have some reps with the ones, develop better chemistry with the receivers, brush up on the schemes.  

edited to add:

I don't pretend to know that he's good and I really don't have a dog in the fight. Except to say that he has been a backup to this point and has not gotten his chance yet. Is he not allowed a chance before his judgment day? It is the easiest thing in the world to "call" that a given qb will suck -- almost all of them do -- so what kind of pleasure does it provide to claim that a guy sucks before he even plays? 

He played at UCLA and in the preseason.  He didn't give anybody much reason to think he was a starter.  Tolzien's agent probably spouted the same nonsense.  He was better than Hundley and had at least one very impressive preseason.  He left the Packers claiming that he wanted/deserved a starting job this past offseason.  He sucked so badly as Luck's replacement that they traded for Brissett.  

On 10/17/2017 at 4:09 PM, rangerous said:

it's called getting mentally prepared to be put in the game.  i remember when cassel started or went in for brady during the season.  he was beyond awful for that one game.  the next season brady goes down and all of a sudden cassel is doing pretty well.  hundley should look much better this week.

Just following up on the mental preparedness you were talking about...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So this is what happens when a young guy gets a vote of confidence from his HC, and team, and gets some real game experience, kinda like Goff hmmmm, but nah let’s just start 38 year old never was guys, and when we have to put in the young guy just flat out QUIT SMH.

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So this is what happens when a young guy gets a vote of confidence from his HC, and team, and gets some real game experience, kinda like Goff hmmmm, but nah let’s just start 38 year old never was guys, and when we have to put in the young guy just flat out QUIT SMH.

I watched the ending of that. Guy is clutch. He might not be the purest passer but he comes up big when he needs to. Thought the Browns has their first win of the season until he put up 14 unanswered. 

10 minutes ago, King P said:

Played like dog crap when he first started, but has played very well since.

What wonders on the job experience does for you

No. He’s still pretty bad. He had 84 yards passing last week and the team won in spite of him. If Rodgers is ready to go even 75%, Hundley is back on the on bench. 

I watched the ending of that. Guy is clutch. He might not be the purest passer but he comes up big when he needs to. Thought the Browns has their first win of the season until he put up 14 unanswered. 

And all that did for him was create a path for Rodgers to come back next week.

If they had lost, they’d basically be out of contention and would have likely shut Rodgers down until next season.

Archived