Game Observations (NE)

KRL

I don't know if Mo's problem is effort, technique, or plain loss of speed but yea its glaring.  That is the biggest problem with our team right now.  If Mo could go back to his pre injury self it would open up Williams and Ealy and all of a sudden things would start looking pretty grim for opposing offenses.  But as it stands right now, our pass rush is a serious weakness.

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

meanwhile ASJ has been barking at the officials for weeks. Nothing insulting or personal but he always bounces up and shouts for a call or a flag and he gives it to them hard when they say no. And all that shouldn't matter but it does. This is also why Robbie Anderson can't get a pass interference call.  He and ASJ are perceived as low character, not dues paying "thugs" and the league doesn't care if life is fair for them. When the ASJ has a borderline situation it will never go in his favor. He's not the type of player who gets the benefit of the doubt and to be honest the Jets aren't a franchise that gets the benefit of the doubt either

I  knew this astute observation wouldn't be popular, and maybe it's not true in this case, but it's interesting. I remember that NBA referee who was fixing games (forgot his name) wrote that NBA referees hate certain winy players, and don't give them the benefit of the doubt because they don't like them . (Chauncey Billups and Rashad Wallace I remember as two of them). So this post reminded me of that.

A few things I noticed:

• twice late on McCown tried a fade to Anderson in the left corner of the end zone - the guy in the front row of the stands had a better chance at the catch. They need to practice that a LOT more
  • McGuire impressed me with his patience and awareness - a few times he went to where the play was meant to go, but took the time to see what was happening and found the cut back that turned a negative play into decent yardage
  • However, our ability to capitalise was poor - KRL posted about the 3 drives with 7 or 8 yards on 1st down, followed by a punt. Our short yardage game - play calling, execution - cost us big time yesterday
  • Stewart and Hansen both saw time at WR ... small steps

Overall a much better showing than I expected, but still a ways to go.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Tough to think who in the League may rate our D-line now. Mo's a statue just double a banged up Leo and the rest are Jags. Ealy is solid but plays in rotation.

Without a shred of exaggeration, Mo has become an embarrassment and detriment.  Gotta be someone better we can put out there.  Time to show him the door.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Without a shred of exaggeration, Mo has become an embarrassment and detriment.  Gotta be someone better we can put out there.  Time to show him the door.

Ealy really guy gets some push and bats footballs for fun. He's not a star but plays hard I like him.

3 hours ago, roscoeword said:

I  knew this astute observation wouldn't be popular, and maybe it's not true in this case, but it's interesting. I remember that NBA referee who was fixing games (forgot his name) wrote that NBA referees hate certain winy players, and don't give them the benefit of the doubt because they don't like them . (Chauncey Billups and Rashad Wallace I remember as two of them). So this post reminded me of that.

How come when Brady does it every week he gets every call?  But in theory ASJ does it, and now there is a conspiracy theory that the NFL ref union is out to screw him over?

Archived