The Board Just Got Very Funny

KRL

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, gEYno said:

They're not very good at scoring points?

How much of is it on the QB? If we had a guy like Cousins, would it still be a huge mess? My point is I see guys making plays on offense but McCown does nothing but make it tougher for them. Turning it over in the redzone and taking sacks, making downs even harder to convert. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

How much of is it on the QB? If we had a guy like Cousins, would it still be a huge mess? My point is I see guys making plays on offense but McCown does nothing but make it tougher for them. Turning it over in the redzone and taking sacks, making downs even harder to convert. 

the offense is hindered by a very conservative game plan with mostly short passes and an offense that has only 1 legit field stretcher in anderson.  mccown is a game manager by nature, so you have a conservative qb, conservative game plan, conservative hc, and adequate wrs/rbs/tes but not much big play capacity.  so while the offense moves the ball, gets first downs and keeps the team competitive b/c of field position, fewer 3 and outs, etc, they don't score a lot.  that's why they need a new qb.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

the offense is hindered by a very conservative game plan with mostly short passes and an offense that has only 1 legit field stretcher in anderson.  mccown is a game manager by nature, so you have a conservative qb, conservative game plan, conservative hc, and adequate wrs/rbs/tes but not much big play capacity.  so while the offense moves the ball, gets first downs and keeps the team competitive b/c of field position, fewer 3 and outs, etc, they don't score a lot.  that's why they need a new qb.

And THAT is why they need a triumphant video.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Yeah ill do that if you look up all the USC QBs and how their careers went 

think about the entitled douche nozzles who get those QB scholarships to USC 

it's basically a four year license to slay puss and enjoy the sunshine.  

Sam Darnold is not equipped for life as QB of the NYJ, just like every other USC QB in history, before or since. 

best cause they stay out west and become the next Carson Palmer. worst case we have a moment called the buttfumble that is now used as a custom emoji next to like and haha 

So, no answer.

35 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Impossible to say how much.  McCown is not a good QB, and undoubtedly he puts a ceiling on the offense, no one is arguing that.  He's also the best we got, unfortunately.  But we're also weak on the OL, at RB, and WR.  Years of neglect will do that.

One thing I remember from last game was how quickly the Pats got to McCown whenever they needed a big stop.  That's gonna be a problem no matter who is back there.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Impossible to say how much.  McCown is not a good QB, and undoubtedly he puts a ceiling on the offense, no one is arguing that.  He's also the best we got, unfortunately.  But we're also weak on the OL, at RB, and WR.  Years of neglect will do that.

One thing I remember from last game was how quickly the Pats got to McCown whenever they needed a big stop.  That's gonna be a problem no matter who is back there.

Sure, they could definitely use upgrades. They still have ways to go but I think they have a good foundation that can be built upon as time goes on. So when they do bring in a Allen Robinson type WR (let's hope), it's not just him and then Charon Peake on the other side.  

Also doesn't help that Bowles for whatever reason won't give guys like Stewart, Hansen, and McGuire more time. I don't think it's a coincidence that the running game was much better when Forte didn't play. 

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

it's not terrible.  they have a 40% conversion rate on 3rd down, 13th best.  mccown has a 70% completion rate, compare that to under 60% for geno/sanchez.  they're 11th in time of possession.  the qb is not a turnover machine.  when you consider what was expected, it's not bad.  

26th in points per game. All that other stuff you cite doesn’t matter without putting points up. Until this week against the Pats, the Jets had gone 3 & out every single game on their opening drive. The offense is bad. The QB is bad. The line is not good. There are some complimentary parts but it lacks a lot. 

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

26th in points per game. All that other stuff you cite doesn’t matter without putting points up. Until this week against the Pats, the Jets had gone 3 & out every single game on their opening drive. The offense is bad. The QB is bad. The line is not good. There are some complimentary parts but it lacks a lot. 

bad compared to the good teams, but pretty good compared to both expectations and guys like sanchez and geno with those crappy OCs.  with far less overall offensive talent, this team is moving the ball, getting first downs, and keeping the team competitive.  the offense is maxing out given what it has to work with, i guess that's a better way of putting it.  if mccags actually drafts a competent qb and throws some money at the OL i have faith the OC can make it work.

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

No, we're the Jets.  We're more concerned about completion %age and looking competent, not scoring points.

Somehow passing for 200 YPG with an average of 1TD/1INT is playing well.

Give that QB an extension!

On 10/16/2017 at 8:43 AM, KRL said:

Last week the "pro tank crew" was in full voice about how awful it was that the team
was winning.  And how we were doomed to mediocrity unless we put a full effort into losing
games and getting the highest pick possible.  But now after a frustrating loss to NE those
very same people (who will go nameless) are in an uproar on how/why we lost the game.  So
do you want the team to lose or not???  I'm confused  

Traitors, the lot of them. ?

21 hours ago, slats said:

Life isn't fair. 

And I'm not convinced that McCown outplayed anyone. I lean more towards Bowles just wants a veteran at QB. In a season where I never had playoff hopes, I'd much rather be doing some work towards next year. Some players perform better live than in practice, and vice versa. Many players get better when they play in real games. Trotting out the 38-year-old does little to nothing for this team now or in the future. 

I don't think Bowles has any immediate say so in who started the season or who is the QB as long as McCown is healthy. I believe it's Mac's call.  Mac had no confidence in Petty and had even questioned whether he'd be a competent back up. Hack has not progressed so I firmly believe Mac's position was to make the Jets appear to look somewhat competitive by signing and playing McCown. Yes they're playing hard and competitive but this strategy has backfired since we will not know anything about he's the two riding the pine and it's costing us draft position by winning meaningless games.  It was written on the wall once he signed.  He barely had reps or played preseason, yet he's named the starter. And at 3-3, neither Petty or Hack will see the light of day until this team falls off its high horse.  Maybe when they're 3-7 we'll see the kids in - or 3-15. ??‍♂️

On October 16, 2017 at 11:16 AM, RESNewYork said:

Why is it everything the fans don't like about the Jets is blamed on Bowles? I'm sure Bowles doesn't want the GM and all the scouts to draft a "franchise QB". Even though that is the something that would help cement his career and give him an easier path to success.

And I bet you can't even get this board to agree what exactly is a "franchise QB"

Also is there a consensus can't miss QB prospect in this upcoming draft? There is no Andrew Luck can't miss "franchise QB" right?

1. Does it make you feel better to blame Macc? Do you honestly think Macc - a first-time rookie GM - stormed into Florham Park and pushed everyone aside so he could do things his way? Do you honestly think Macc rolled out of bed with a burning fixation for safeties this year or did Bowles who by trade was a pro NFL safety his entire playing career have some input? Why is everything blamed on Macc should be the question.

2. At this point, I strongly believe Darnold is the correct pick. Even on his worst day he's dangerous. No defense can snooze on Darnold. You'll always expect something great when he's on the field. That's called "it".

On 10/17/2017 at 11:04 AM, slats said:

Life isn't fair. 

And I'm not convinced that McCown outplayed anyone. I lean more towards Bowles just wants a veteran at QB. In a season where I never had playoff hopes, I'd much rather be doing some work towards next year. Some players perform better live than in practice, and vice versa. Many players get better when they play in real games. Trotting out the 38-year-old does little to nothing for this team now or in the future. 

it's not even about fairness. You can't give reps to the young WR with a QB that bad. The whole team won't develop. As for whether McCown was better than Hack he clearly was and it wasn't even close. That's why Hack doesn't get to play cause he can't even beat out McCown. He can't even beat out Petty if we are being honest. Christian Hackenberg is the least qualified person to draw an NFL paycheck in the last 2 seasons. His career is based on the idea he might be good not any evidence of basic competency. 

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

2. At this point, I strongly believe Darnold is the correct pick. Even on his worst day he's dangerous. No defense can snooze on Darnold. You'll always expect something great when he's on the field. That's called "it".

sam darnold is a marshmellow soft southern california boy who never saw snow or a day of adversity in his life 

2 weeks into his Jets career he'd be crushed like a grape under the pressure 

On 10/16/2017 at 8:43 AM, KRL said:

Last week the "pro tank crew" was in full voice about how awful it was that the team
was winning.  And how we were doomed to mediocrity unless we put a full effort into losing
games and getting the highest pick possible.  But now after a frustrating loss to NE those
very same people (who will go nameless) are in an uproar on how/why we lost the game.  So
do you want the team to lose or not???  I'm confused  

Most people are uneducated when it comes to football. They probably thought the Jets had a chance to win when they were up in the first half which in turn gave them fantasies of winning the division. They forgot to account for a Patriot team although coming to a close on a  very long term domination in the division and league will always beat a team that played 3 crap teams and that is less talented and younger.

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

1. Does it make you feel better to blame Macc? Do you honestly think Macc - a first-time rookie GM - stormed into Florham Park and pushed everyone aside so he could do things his way? Do you honestly think Macc rolled out of bed with a burning fixation for safeties this year or did Bowles who by trade was a pro NFL safety his entire playing career have some input? Why is everything blamed on Macc should be the question.

Why would it make me feel better? Im not saying to blame Mac. But it's outrageous how everything a fan doesn't like about the Jets is pinned on Bowles. 

Great with Darnold. Was just asking since I don't watch much college ball

3 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Why would it make me feel better? Im not saying to blame Mac. But it's outrageous how everything a fan doesn't like about the Jets is pinned on Bowles. 

Great with Darnold. Was just asking since I don't watch much college ball

In fairness, half the time Mac gets the blame and the other half Bowles gets the blame. Of course, this is all predicated on the assumption that they never talk to one another.

Archived