Can we get back to Suck 4 Sam please?

Philc1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Damn, people.  Even the league has now jumped in to help the Jets tank when they obviously cannot do it correctly for themselves.  What more do we need to see to know this is the right course?

Plus the 49ers finally benched Hoyer

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The 3 game flukey win streak was nice and I wanted to beat the pats like everyone else yesterday but long-term we need to be tanking this season.  This is not a good football team

When you say tank you really mean rooting for them to lose. That is idiotic. 

This is a young team with talent, character, and chemistry.  

I'm very optimistic to see what the team will look like next year after another good draft and what I assume will be a lot of activity in free agency.

This can be a very good team in the next couple years without the #1 pick in next years draft.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

This is a young team with talent, character, and chemistry.  

I'm very optimistic to see what the team will look like next year after another good draft and what I assume will be a lot of activity in free agency.

This can be a very good team in the next couple years without the #1 pick in next years draft.

Disagree this team is still garbage.  Marqise Lee learns how to catch we lose the Jacksonville game and Kizer doesn't have a couple bad TO's in jet territory we are 1-5

Just now, Philc1 said:

Disagree this team is still garbage.  Marqise Lee learns how to catch we lose the Jacksonville game and Kizer doesn't have a couple bad TO's in jet territory we are 1-5

and if Brate catches a TD pass and the refs don't steal a TD from us the Pats are 2-4.  What's your point?

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

next year after another good draft

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

another good draft

377.gif

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I'm rooting for a bj from Jennifer Lawrence

Equal probability :)

Here's the thing...does anyone remember anything meaningful about any of the recent 6-10 seasons we've had?  Probably not.  If you could take a red pill and one of those seasons went to 3-13 and led to us drafting a young, star QB, would you do it?  Probably.  So put yourself in the mindset of 3 years from now.  What would that version of you prefer?  6-10 and a 1st round DB in the 2018 draft, or 3-13 and Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold or Mason Rudolph in the 2018 draft?  I'm not going to tell anyone they are wrong to root for the Jets to win, but likewise, don't tell me I am for having a different long-term vision.

i haven't looked at the standings too closely but right now the jets are at the bottom of the afce. cleveland is about the only other afc team currently at the bottom and expected to stay there. and the 49ers have an 0-6 record. it's hard to say what a 6-10 record would do for the jets.  they could still be picking 5-6-7.  that should be high enough to either get a good qb prospect or be a jump off point for a move up.  but this season is not about jockeying for a draft position.  it's all about seeing what players are keepers for next season and beyond and also to prove whether bowles should be kept on or even mac for that matter.  if this team keeps playing hard and smart and as a team then one more good draft may just put them over the top for quite a few seasons.  and this is regardless of draft position because if they really want a qb then just trade future picks or get a dump truck full of money.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

The 3 game flukey win streak was nice and I wanted to beat the pats like everyone else yesterday but long-term we need to be tanking this season.  This is not a good football team

Disagree Philc1 this is a decent football team that needs to be better coached and we are a few players away from being really competitive. 

We beat the Patriots yesterday if not for the referees. 

Just now, rangerous said:

i haven't looked at the standings too closely but right now the jets are at the bottom of the afce. cleveland is about the only other afc team currently at the bottom and expected to stay there. and the 49ers have an 0-6 record. it's hard to say what a 6-10 record would do for the jets.  they could still be picking 5-6-7.  that should be high enough to either get a good qb prospect or be a jump off point for a move up.  but this season is not about jockeying for a draft position.  it's all about seeing what players are keepers for next season and beyond and also to prove whether bowles should be kept on or even mac for that matter.  if this team keeps playing hard and smart and as a team then one more good draft may just put them over the top for quite a few seasons.  and this is regardless of draft position because if they really want a qb then just trade future picks or get a dump truck full of money.

I can see 2 games that they can easily win. This week against Miami, and at home against San Diego.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Please find another team to root for to lose.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I can see 2 games that they can win. This week against Miami, and at home against San Diego.

hard to say. objectively i can see 2-3 more wins but they are going to the playoffs so the goal is to develop the team.  it would be nice to see petty or hack get in the games.  maybe they need to volunteer for specials. it wouldn't be the first time a future starter ran down kick returners.

hard to say. objectively i can see 2-3 more wins but they are going to the playoffs so the goal is to develop the team.  it would be nice to see petty or hack get in the games.  maybe they need to volunteer for specials. it wouldn't be the first time a future starter ran down kick returners.

Pety and Hackenberg have sailed IMO. If Hackenberg was put in, I suspect it would end up like Kizer with Cleveland

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Pety and Hackenberg have sailed IMO. If Hackenberg was put in, I suspect it would end up like Kizer with Cleveland

well, that's the dilemma.  if either hack or petty aren't in the future cards then the jets will need a dump truck full of cash to get a guy like cousins unless they want to put a rookie qb in.  imo the jury is still out on both those guys.  it may not mean a thing for next season but being a fan i'd like to see what i am missing.

well, that's the dilemma.  if either hack or petty aren't in the future cards then the jets will need a dump truck full of cash to get a guy like cousins unless they want to put a rookie qb in.  imo the jury is still out on both those guys.  it may not mean a thing for next season but being a fan i'd like to see what i am missing.

You can't say that they were not given the opportunity in training camp. McCown barely played. 

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. Hackenberg sucks out loud on his own. Kizer is surrounded by absolute garbage. If anything, the Jets weapons have proven to be better than originally thought. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. Hackenberg sucks out loud on his own. Kizer is surrounded by absolute garbage. If anything, the Jets weapons have proven to be better than originally thought. 

Hack was bad, but Hack wasn't throwing to Kearse/Kerley two of our best WRs this season. Again, not a defense of Hack, but our "weapons" have improved since Hack last played. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And another thing. I know DeShaun Watson is the hot ticket "oh we screwed up" pick. And he has been great.

Houston has the same record we do. So I don't know if he has made an enormous impact

Over the last 5 weeks the Jets have scored 10 TDs. 

Over the last 5 weeks, Watson is responsible for 16 TDs. 

Archived