Can we get back to Suck 4 Sam please?

Philc1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Hack was bad, but Hack wasn't throwing to Kearse/Kerley two of our best WRs this season. Again, not a defense of Hack, but our "weapons" have improved since Hack last played. 

True enough but Hack was bad last season too. I’d like to see him with the law receivers in a real game. Just to put a legitimate end to any griping people are doing for him. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I understand that. Where has it gotten the Texans?

Not looking for a QB of the future? Not having to worry about the most important position in the league? Being able to draft other important positions next year? 

The Texans have had devastating injuries on defense. The offense in Houston is not the issue. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not looking for a QB of the future? Not having to worry about the most important position in the league? Being able to draft other important positions next year? 

The Texans have had devastating injuries on defense. The offense in Houston is not the issue. 

Tell that to Dak Prescott. Give me a couple more years of Watson doing great before I anoint him

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Tell that to Dak Prescott. Give me a couple more years of Watson doing great before I anoint him

Can we annoint him a starting QB?  Cause that is more than we have.  You won't accept a QB until he is doing great after his rookie contract expires.  What the **** good is that?

8 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Dak Prescott in 5 games has 1200 yards passing 11 TDs 4 INTs and a QB rating of 93.1. Not great but certainly something we’d all take as Jets fans. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Dak Prescott in 5 games has 1200 yards passing 11 TDs 4 INTs and a QB rating of 93.1. Not great but certainly something we’d all take as Jets fans. 

Come on Carl, many like old re-tread loser QB here year after year....last year it was FitzMagic mania everyone grew a beard bought in, this year its McCown Town!!!!!

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Come on Carl, many like old re-tread loser QB here year after year....last year it was FitzMagic mania everyone grew a beard bought in, this year its McCown Town!!!!!

Not quite the same.  I'll admit to being excited about Fitzpatrick at one point in 2015.  He was playing like a top QB for a few weeks and he was only 32.  I don't know of anyone not named Todd Bowles who is excited by, or even interested in, Josh McCown.  At best he plays 2-3 quarters of decent football per game and nobody is interested in seeing him here again next year.  Frankly he should never have played this season but Petty apparently must have gotten caught in bed with a member of TB's family so here we are.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Not quite the same.  I'll admit to being excited about Fitzpatrick at one point in 2015.  He was playing like a top QB for a few weeks and he was only 32.  I don't know of anyone not named Todd Bowles who is excited by, or even interested in, Josh McCown.  At best he plays 2-3 quarters of decent football per game and nobody is interested in seeing him here again next year.  Frankly he should never have played this season but Petty apparently must have gotten caught in bed with a member of TB's family so here we are.

Come on we all know the outcome with Josh McCown look at his history he has way more losses than wins....Enough of this bullsh*t. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Disagree this team is still garbage.  Marqise Lee learns how to catch we lose the Jacksonville game and Kizer doesn't have a couple bad TO's in jet territory we are 1-5

So if we’re garbage, what exactly do you think Darnold is going to do here? Lead garbage to a Super Bowl? You think Darnold is a “We Win” button?

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You forgot an all world line and one of the best WR's and RB's in the NFL.

You also forgot the part where they've got a worse record than the Jets.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And another thing. I know DeShaun Watson is the hot ticket "oh we screwed up" pick. And he has been great.

Houston has the same record we do. So I don't know if he has made an enormous impact

And Houston have had a very similar schedule to us. We're 3-3 because of our "cream puff" schedule; Houston are 3-3 because of Watson. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You can't say that they were not given the opportunity in training camp. McCown barely played. 

i'm just a fan so i don't know what goes on in training camp or what the coaches want to see.  based on what i saw in pre season, hack is capable of making some nice throws.  the key is for him to stay upright.  petty can too but seems to be a little fragile.  in both cases they were playing behind a less than stellar oline.  if either of them get the pass protection mccown has been seeing the past two games they might be able to open things up.  hack is a big kid and can probably get some good yardage if he had to run.

but right now, mccown has been playing pretty well.  a 70% completion rate and decent command of the game and ball protection is all the jets could want from him.  the ints aren't good and a reason why he hasn't caught on.   i suspect we'll see hack or petty after the break unless they're 7-3 or 6-4.

5 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

I thought suck for sam died. Something about holes in his game and he may not declare.

Isn't the flavor now Rosen or Mayfield or Falk?

Sam and Rosen are going 1 and 2 . Unless those teams don’t need a QB., Regardless Mayfield and Falk stand no chance of surpassing them .. 

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Disagree this team is still garbage.  Marqise Lee learns how to catch we lose the Jacksonville game and Kizer doesn't have a couple bad TO's in jet territory we are 1-5

Stop making excuses for why we beat other teams. If this, if that..... The facts are we beat a 3-2 dolphins team soundly the entire game and a 3-3 Jacksonville soundly for 3 quarters until McCown tried to give it away. We also played the Pats tough and I won't even get into the assinine overturn of the TD. We are better than people thought and the tank is dead. Just give it a rest. 

Question for the real fans: 

If the Jets are about 4-10 (give or take a game) in week 15, would you then acknowledge that this season was a rebuild year and should have been in the hands of Petty/Hack? 

I can only speak for myself but that is the assumption that I was making from the beginning of the season and thus why I have been in the "tank" (more apt word would be rebuild) crowd from the get go.

10 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:
15 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Over the last 5 weeks the Jets have scored 10 TDs. 

Over the last 5 weeks, Watson is responsible for 16 TDs. 

Come on, Watson is throwing Hopkins & Fuller, who are both better than Anderson. Did you miss the contract Hopkins just signed? 

Replace the 14 targets on Sunday from McCown to Hopkins instead of the UDFA Anderson & I'm pretty sure Jets win that game.

Hopkins is arguably a top 3 WR in this league with Julio Jones & Antonio Brown.

17 hours ago, nycdan said:

Equal probability :)

Here's the thing...does anyone remember anything meaningful about any of the recent 6-10 seasons we've had?  Probably not.  If you could take a red pill and one of those seasons went to 3-13 and led to us drafting a young, star QB, would you do it?  Probably.  So put yourself in the mindset of 3 years from now.  What would that version of you prefer?  6-10 and a 1st round DB in the 2018 draft, or 3-13 and Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold or Mason Rudolph in the 2018 draft?  I'm not going to tell anyone they are wrong to root for the Jets to win, but likewise, don't tell me I am for having a different long-term vision.

Actually there’s a higher probability of me getting with Jennifer Lawrence than of this team making the playoffs 

12 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

Question for the real fans: 

If the Jets are about 4-10 (give or take a game) in week 15, would you then acknowledge that this season was a rebuild year and should have been in the hands of Petty/Hack? 

I can only speak for myself but that is the assumption that I was making from the beginning of the season and thus why I have been in the "tank" (more apt word would be rebuild) crowd from the get go.

Problen is we were never tanking on purpose as much as everyone assumed we were or should be

17 hours ago, Pac said:

This is a young team with talent, character, and chemistry.  

I'm very optimistic to see what the team will look like next year after another good draft and what I assume will be a lot of activity in free agency.

This can be a very good team in the next couple years without the #1 pick in next years draft.

Another good draft?  When was the 1st?

Archived