Can we get back to Suck 4 Sam please?

Philc1

53 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Come on, Watson is throwing Hopkins & Fuller, who are both better than Anderson. Did you miss the contract Hopkins just signed? 

Replace the 14 targets on Sunday from McCown to Hopkins instead of the UDFA Anderson & I'm pretty sure Jets win that game.

Hopkins is arguably a top 3 WR in this league with Julio Jones & Antonio Brown.

I agree with you. I quoted by accident and cannot delete the post

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The team improving, he has added a lot of good young players. Adams, Maye, Seferian-Jenkins, Kearse, Williams, Clairbourne, McGuire, Ealy and Beachum to name a few. Mac took over a dumpster fire. 

Sefarian-Jenkins — ok pickup

kearse - decent nothing special cost us Sheldon

Claiborne- good signing

ealy - good signing but was a gift from Belichick

Adams, Maye - JAGs so far, tight ends still look forward to playing us

31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Problen is we were never tanking on purpose as much as everyone assumed we were or should be

I'm not sure what this means.

The foundation for wanting a "tank/rebuild" year is that your team lacks enough good players to go forward into future years with it's current roster as a contender. Maybe your cap space is allocated to old vets, maybe you have a bad QB.

When "tanking/rebuilding", you drop some over priced vets, which the jets did do btw, and you play younger cheaper players so that they get experience and you can evaluate them for their long term worth. You go into the year knowing that you're not winning anything, but you also know that your team is developing in the process. 

Some people have a ridiculous though that pro-tank people actually expect the players to go out and kneel or punt the ball on second down or that the QB is going to be instructed to throw pop flies into the defense's secondary--It's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Tanking is achieved by the choice to play younger, less qualified and often less gifted players at crucial positions. See colts who started Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Kerry Collins in their tank year.

Our team's equivalent would have been to start Hackenberg and to a lesser extent, Petty. That is what tank people wanted. Those guys would ether be good or bad or somewhere in between and would at least demonstrate through their play whether they have any semblance of a future in this league. Many if not all of the "tank people" would be happy if one of those guys was starting. At the very least, a potential QB would be getting some experience. 

Instead, when Josh McCown is trotted out there, the "tankers" who should really be called the "more forward thinking Jets fans who are thinking beyond the immediate future" are angered and dismayed and want the team to lose so that if the team will actually get a young good QB that the team will allow to play on Sundays.

My question to the real fans was that if the Jets are at 3-11, 4-10, or 5-9 at best in week 15, (at which point their consciences might grant them the ability to finally start rooting for losses), would they agree that the year should have been played by Petty and Hack, since McCown was never going to be able to deliver a winning season anyway. Because "tank/rebuild" people have been hinging their argument on that notion since day 1.

The real fans meanwhile have more appreciation for the fact that rooting for your team to win feels like the right thing to do.

Fun fact. The 2014 Titans started out 2-4 on their way to 2-14 and Mariota.

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sefarian-Jenkins — ok pickup

kearse - decent nothing special cost us Sheldon

Claiborne- good signing

ealy - good signing but was a gift from Belichick

Adams, Maye - JAGs so far, tight ends still look forward to playing us

Kearse along with a 2nd round pick was a great pickup for a cancer in the locker room who gave us a whole 1.5 sacks.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Come on, Watson is throwing Hopkins & Fuller, who are both better than Anderson. Did you miss the contract Hopkins just signed? 

Replace the 14 targets on Sunday from McCown to Hopkins instead of the UDFA Anderson & I'm pretty sure Jets win that game.

Hopkins is arguably a top 3 WR in this league with Julio Jones & Antonio Brown.

Hopkins and Fuller are better than what the Jets have. I’m not arguing that at all. I’m arguing that McCown sucks and is a below average QB. Let’s not act like Kerley and Kearse are not at least average weapons. 

26 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

I'm not sure what this means.

The foundation for wanting a "tank/rebuild" year is that your team lacks enough good players to go forward into future years with it's current roster as a contender. Maybe your cap space is allocated to old vets, maybe you have a bad QB.

When "tanking/rebuilding", you drop some over priced vets, which the jets did do btw, and you play younger cheaper players so that they get experience and you can evaluate them for their long term worth. You go into the year knowing that you're not winning anything, but you also know that your team is developing in the process. 

Some people have a ridiculous though that pro-tank people actually expect the players to go out and kneel or punt the ball on second down or that the QB is going to be instructed to throw pop flies into the defense's secondary--It's the craziest thing I've ever heard. Tanking is achieved by the choice to play younger, less qualified and often less gifted players at crucial positions. See colts who started Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky, Kerry Collins in their tank year.

Our team's equivalent would have been to start Hackenberg and to a lesser extent, Petty. That is what tank people wanted. Those guys would ether be good or bad or somewhere in between and would at least demonstrate through their play whether they have any semblance of a future in this league. Many if not all of the "tank people" would be happy if one of those guys was starting. At the very least, a potential QB would be getting some experience. 

Instead, when Josh McCown is trotted out there, the "tankers" who should really be called the "more forward thinking Jets fans who are thinking beyond the immediate future" are angered and dismayed and want the team to lose so that if the team will actually get a young good QB that the team will allow to play on Sundays.

My question to the real fans was that if the Jets are at 3-11, 4-10, or 5-9 at best in week 15, (at which point their consciences might grant them the ability to finally start rooting for losses), would they agree that the year should have been played by Petty and Hack, since McCown was never going to be able to deliver a winning season anyway. Because "tank/rebuild" people have been hinging their argument on that notion since day 1.

The real fans meanwhile have more appreciation for the fact that rooting for your team to win feels like the right thing to do.

Fun fact. The 2014 Titans started out 2-4 on their way to 2-14 and Mariota.

I agree with everything in this post except:

The Colts really had no options than those QBs you mentioned.

You should just change the name of "forward thinking etc.." to something having to do  with marshmallows.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hopkins and Fuller are better than what the Jets have. I’m not arguing that at all. I’m arguing that McCown sucks and is a below average QB. Let’s not act like Kerley and Kearse are not at least average weapons. 

Yes, I agree about the QB, I'm tired of rolling out these geriatric losers. And even though I have been defending Macc, I have felt we have to draft a QB every year until we find one. Watson was a winner & a leader, beat Alabama TWICE vs the best coach in with pro defenders in Saban. 

Watson should have been the pick @ six, Maye would have been fine picked in the 2nd like they did. Macc had to believe there were better options this year, I believe that's why he held out for at least a 2 for Sheldon. I guess we will find out.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When the best player in the draft falls to you twice, maybe he's not the best player in the draft.

Said this weeks ago.  Maybe spend a little less time contemplating your good fortune and a little more time contemplating why?

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2017 at 7:47 PM, BrickTamland said:

Question for the real fans: 

If the Jets are about 4-10 (give or take a game) in week 15, would you then acknowledge that this season was a rebuild year and should have been in the hands of Petty/Hack? 

I can only speak for myself but that is the assumption that I was making from the beginning of the season and thus why I have been in the "tank" (more apt word would be rebuild) crowd from the get go.

Bump

What's idiotic is rooting for 7-9 just to be stuck with nothing at qb again

The afc is so bad this season we could still make the playoffs...we aren't going to lose the rest of our games and if the patriots have the division locked up and aren't playing for home field advantage they are going to feed us a win on the last week of the season just to knock us down the draft boards

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

The afc is so bad this season we could still make the playoffs...we aren't going to lose the rest of our games and if the patriots have the division locked up and aren't playing for home field advantage they are going to feed us a win on the last week of the season just to knock us down the draft boards

We are not making the playoffs and looking at our schedule and the fact that Paxton Lynch is injured we have a very realistic shot at losing out and going 4-12

We are not making the playoffs and looking at our schedule and the fact that Paxton Lynch is injured we have a very realistic shot at losing out and going 4-12

I don't disagree we are not likely to make the playoffs but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try until we are eliminated. We play the chiefs next who suck we play Denver who sucks the patriots might hand us a game so that we can't draft a franchise qb...we Honestly have a better chance at winning out than we do losing out the rest of our games but it still wouldn't guarantee us a playoff slot.

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I don't disagree we are not likely to make the playoffs but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try until we are eliminated. We play the chiefs next who suck we play Denver who sucks the patriots might hand us a game so that we can't draft a franchise qb...we Honestly have a better chance at winning out than we do losing out the rest of our games but it still wouldn't guarantee us a playoff slot.

Mathematically we have a shot but realistically no way are we making the playoffs

Lose out and get a high draft pick

Mathematically we have a shot but realistically no way are we making the playoffs

Lose out and get a high draft pick

Players are going to play for their next contracts...coaches will coach for their jobs and their careers. No one is just going to give up and hope they will be here next year to reap the possible benefits.

Players are going to play for their next contracts...coaches will coach for their jobs and their careers. No one is just going to give up and hope they will be here next year to reap the possible benefits.

I know that but looking at our schedule it’s a distinct possibility we lose out, get a top 5 pick and both Macc and Bowles get fired in January 

If we pick top 5 we have a way better shot at trading up for Darnold 

I know that but looking at our schedule it’s a distinct possibility we lose out, get a top 5 pick and both Macc and Bowles get fired in January 

If we pick top 5 we have a way better shot at trading up for Darnold 

Macc won't get fired...bowels probably won't get fired...darnold will be the first overall pick with Rosen the second overall and even if we pick top 5 the price will be steep to move up

Macc won't get fired...bowels probably won't get fired...darnold will be the first overall pick with Rosen the second overall and even if we pick top 5 the price will be steep to move up

9-23 is Macc and Bowles’s record since week 17 2015 if we lose out 

Media and snobby jet homers can make up all the nonsense excuses they want if you have that crappy a record your ass is on the hot seat even with Clueless Chris running the show

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 7:47 PM, BrickTamland said:

Question for the real fans: 

If the Jets are about 4-10 (give or take a game) in week 15, would you then acknowledge that this season was a rebuild year and should have been in the hands of Petty/Hack? 

I can only speak for myself but that is the assumption that I was making from the beginning of the season and thus why I have been in the "tank" (more apt word would be rebuild) crowd from the get go.

Bump

2 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

The question is not what it is/was, but what it should have been.

it should have been a complete re-build. Bowles played McCown and ..... well now we didn't have a rebuild. We did not see if there was any hope for Petty, Hack is still in solitary confinement and then we barely have seen Stewart or Hansen at WR. Outside of Adams and Maye I don't know what we learned other than Robby Anderson is legit. The Kearse trade worked out for us. The team seems to have enough talent to win we just honestly need a better HC that can direct them and get them all in line. 

Archived