Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

SMC

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Hornacek is gone after this season.  Not only does the team stink he plays Jarret Jack 30 minutes per night and Hardaway 38 minutes per night even when he can’t put the ball in the ocean while Ntilikina, Mudiay, Dotson and Burke gather dust on the bench

If the Knicks lost every single game rest of the season but at least played the young players I’d say give him one more shot but this is inexcusable 

I liked Hornacek a lot last year. This year, I don't know. The way the whole Hernangomez thing was handled is weird. The way he handled Porzingis on inefficient nights was weird. The whole Noah thing reeks of some larger story. My theory is that there is some weird Phil hangover with him within the organization, but we probably won't ever get the real story on it until 4-5 years from now.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I liked Hornacek a lot last year. This year, I don't know. The way the whole Hernangomez thing was handled is weird. The way he handled Porzingis on inefficient nights was weird. The whole Noah thing reeks of some larger story. My theory is that there is some weird Phil hangover with him within the organization, but we probably won't ever get the real story on it until 4-5 years from now.

The Noah story is bigger than reported. Noah's a bum, though, and it's clear Hornacek is gone.  Perry is going to bring in his own coach next year and my money is on David Fizdale.  Fizdale has been basically interviewing for the job on ESPN in talking about the Knicks.

6 hours ago, SMC said:

The Noah story is bigger than reported. Noah's a bum, though, and it's clear Hornacek is gone.  Perry is going to bring in his own coach next year and my money is on David Fizdale.  Fizdale has been basically interviewing for the job on ESPN in talking about the Knicks.

Who knows. It seems like Perry has been given the leeway to run the show for now, but you never know with Mills and Dolan. The new guy will be their 12th coach since Van Gundy was canned in '01 and that is the most insane sh*t ever.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Who knows. It seems like Perry has been given the leeway to run the show for now, but you never know with Mills and Dolan. The new guy will be their 12th coach since Van Gundy was canned in '01 and that is the most insane sh*t ever.

Oh jeesh, are you becoming like Matt? LOL.

Dolan has interfered once in the last 5 yrs and it was to fire Phil the crazy man.  Hornacek only has 1 year left after this year.  Perry has to make a decision on him. Either let him coach as a lame duck, extend him, or hire someone else.  Nothing to do with Dolan or Mills.  If anything, Mills would want to push his old college teammate Blatt.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:52 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Phil got destroyed for trading away two crappy players in Shumpert and JR Smith.  Perry just traded away a young guy in Hernangomes who has double-double potential for literally nothing

Hornacek is wierd.  Every night he sticks with these veteran rotations and as a result the Knicks have no energy in the second half they have blown 4x 20+ point leads this year all at home!

On 2/19/2018 at 11:03 AM, SMC said:

I’ll take Fizdale or Kidd.  Kidd can help develop Frank like he developed Antkenompo.  Kidd has also been involved with any moment any local nba teams have had any success since 2001 (Early 00’s Nets, 2012 Knicks, 2013 Nets)

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Doc would be such a Knicks move. Suuuuuuch a Knicks move. A washed-up marquee name that would demand the team speed up its journey to being competitive. Maybe he'll even bring Austin with him.

Fizdale is a lock for HC.  He was practically auditioning for the role on ESPN recently.  Fiz has a connection to Perry and is a good coach.

The Doc story is media nonsense.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

How did you guys wind up being worse than the Nets? Sweet Christ that’s an achievement 

They have no one but Kristaps Porzingas. Once he went down it was all over with. Need some better players all around. Bench players aren’t good enough. Starting 5 is shaky. I think Enis Kanter was a nice pick up but IDK about a starting Center. Lots of holes and a long ways to consistent wins...sorta like a team we all know too well.?

On 3/8/2018 at 2:09 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Just came here to see if the Knick fans were okay after the beat down we gave you all a day or two ago.

C5DD0A54-A03E-4218-A0FA-8FD38989D448.jpeg

LOTTERY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, SMC said:

LOTTERY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol at least I have relief from losing when I turn to basketball...you Knick/Jet fans..I feel bad for y’all. I do have a slight soft spot for the Knicks though. I hope they finally get it right eventually. Best I can say is win in the draft and hold on to KP for dear life.

On 3/11/2018 at 11:04 AM, Matt39 said:

At what point do the Knicks have to accept Frank isnt going to pan out? Jarret Jack is like the second best healthy player on the Knicks.

THey are epically mishandling Frank by starting him at shooting guard instead of PG.  his strengths are defense and passing he’s not a shooter

On 3/11/2018 at 11:04 AM, Matt39 said:

At what point do the Knicks have to accept Frank isnt going to pan out? Jarret Jack is like the second best healthy player on the Knicks.

19 years old is absolutely the age to make a definitive assessment of a player.

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

THey are epically mishandling Frank by starting him at shooting guard instead of PG.  his strengths are defense and passing he’s not a shooter

There are only 6 players in the NBA who were born in 1998, and Frank is the second youngest.  Of the 6, Frank has the best stats.

He never lifted weights until he came to the Knicks.  Is playing more minutes than he played in Europe.  Playing him at times at SG is not mishandling him.  It's teaching him to play multiple positions.  Frank is still growing and a year or 2, will actually be able to defend and play the 3.  Having a wing who can defend and play all 3 positions is a great asset.

Knick fans simply need to be patient.  At Frank's age, he should be a Freshman at Duke.

13 minutes ago, SMC said:

There are only 6 players in the NBA who were born in 1998, and Frank is the second youngest.  Of the 6, Frank has the best stats.

He never lifted weights until he came to the Knicks.  Is playing more minutes than he played in Europe.  Playing him at times at SG is not mishandling him.  It's teaching him to play multiple positions.  Frank is still growing and a year or 2, will actually be able to defend and play the 3.  Having a wing who can defend and play all 3 positions is a great asset.

Knick fans simply need to be patient.  At Frank's age, he should be a Freshman at Duke.

lol, nothing to see here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 7:47 AM, Philc1 said:

Rumor going around that Kawahi is getting traded by the spurs in the offseason. Knicks are in the mix with Frank and their first round pick.  Pop likes Frank alot

That's an Incarcerated Bob-esque rumor

Archived