Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

SMC

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/31/2017 at 9:27 AM, SMC said:

KP has been great to start the season

On 10/31/2017 at 9:34 AM, SMC said:

And this is THJ's performance against the Cavs from the previous night

We paid Hardaway millions, we're going to pay Porzingis billions, and the two of them are going to take trillions of shots and not do a whole lot else. This is a really difficult way to try to build a team. You would think that the Knicks would know that by now considering this is the way they've been doing things for almost twenty years. When you overpay for volume scoring you have to get everything else cheap and Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler are not walking through that door.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

We paid Hardaway millions, we're going to pay Porzingis billions, and the two of them are going to take trillions of shots and not do a whole lot else. This is a really difficult way to try to build a team. You would think that the Knicks would know that by now considering this is the way they've been doing things for almost twenty years. When you overpay for volume scoring you have to get everything else cheap and Jason Kidd and Tyson Chandler are not walking through that door.

Still cautious optimism that Porzingis gets better in another area and his efficiency ticks up a tad. His brother is a total jackass and the entire thing is still trending poorly from a perception/reality standpoint on both sides. Not sure what the league's perception is though which will be the million dollar question come contract time.

Hardaway was an absurd move. If Frank turns into a starting PG and the Quinn/Kanter/WHG trio produces the Knicks will trend upwards. They also have to keep their effing picks.

19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So the story today is that before he promoted Mills, Dolan reached out to Jerry West. I am shocked, shocked that West passed. Shocked I tell you.

Why didn’t we go after Larry Bird after the Pacers dumped him

23 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

With respect to Porzingis, your post is utter drivel.  KP is one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA and an excellent rim protector.  KP taking a lot of shots is a good thing if he is above average in percentages for the shots taken.  Thus, his high efficiency rating.  To claim that he is a "volume scorer" and does nothing else is a completely divorced from reality.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

For the life of me I do not remotely get the Porzingis hype. If he were 6'8 he'd be Carmelo. 

If NBA executives, coaches, scouts and players as well as the fans are all-in on the KP "hype", maybe it's your perception that is skewed.

Also, he isn't 6'8" and he's more efficient than Melo, so your statement makes no sense.  What if Giannis was 6'5"?  He'd be Kerry Kittles.

6 minutes ago, SMC said:

If NBA executives, coaches, scouts and players as well as the fans are all-in on the KP "hype", maybe it's your perception that is skewed.

Also, he isn't 6'8" and he's more efficient than Melo, so your statement makes no sense.  What if Giannis was 6'5"?  He'd be Kerry Kittles.

We don't know this. The fear is people over hyping a guy who's very tall and looks smooth when he takes jumpers. The extra credit Porzingis is being given simply for being tall just doesnt click. Is he impacting wins? I dont know. The Knicks havent been winning since he's been here. We do know volume shooting doesn't really have much value though.

27 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We don't know this. The fear is people over hyping a guy who's very tall and looks smooth when he takes jumpers. The extra credit Porzingis is being given simply for being tall just doesnt click. Is he impacting wins? I dont know. The Knicks havent been winning since he's been here. We do know volume shooting doesn't really have much value though.

Actually, we do know this from the sports articles.  You just have to read them.  Look at twitter and follow the reporters or even NBA people as well in what they say.

KP's PER is in the mid 20s, he has a positive net rating and the team has a negative net rating without him.  The benefit of his height is him being able to just shoot over defenders and exploit mismatches, which he is doing.

Again, to disparage him as a "volume shooter" is nonsense.  He isn't.  A volume shooter is an inefficient scorer who gets points only through putting up a lot of shots.  KP, on the otherhand, is one of the most efficient scorers in the game.

I've advocated for trading him this year, but KOQ is the clear leader in the huddle right now. If the Knicks are going to be anywhere near .500 it would be unconscionable to move him barring a great offer.

Next few games are interesting considering the competition; Indiana, Charlotte, and Orlando. If the Knicks are going to compete for one of the bottom rung East slots this will be a nice early little gage.

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I've advocated for trading him this year, but KOQ is the clear leader in the huddle right now. If the Knicks are going to be anywhere near .500 it would be unconscionable to move him barring a great offer.

Next few games are interesting considering the competition; Indiana, Charlotte, and Orlando. If the Knicks are going to compete for one of the bottom rung East slots this will be a nice early little gage.

Do not trade O’Quinn he is so underrated.  I love his game he’s a throwback

Knicks are 4-4 the experts had us as the worst team in the nba this season by far I think we have a shot at the 8th seed

On 11/2/2017 at 2:26 PM, Matt39 said:

Hey do you know what the Golden State Warriors record was first two seasons Steph Curry was there? 62-102

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Do not trade O’Quinn he is so underrated.  I love his game he’s a throwback

Knicks are 4-4 the experts had us as the worst team in the nba this season by far I think we have a shot at the 8th seed

They have exceeded expectations no doubt. Porzingis has been beastly 4 out of the past 5 and the defense hasn’t been as awful as expected, that’s pretty much why. 8 games is still too early, 2-3 more weeks and we will have a better idea of what we are working with. 

No excuses for KP not coming out like that against Indiana. Houston? Fine. They are a way better team than the Knicks. But Indiana’s best player is Oladipo so there is no excuse for him to have a .300 stinker.

45 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

They have exceeded expectations no doubt. Porzingis has been beastly 4 out of the past 5 and the defense hasn’t been as awful as expected, that’s pretty much why. 8 games is still too early, 2-3 more weeks and we will have a better idea of what we are working with. 

No excuses for KP not coming out like that against Indiana. Houston? Fine. They are a way better team than the Knicks. But Indiana’s best player is Oladipo so there is no excuse for him to have a .300 stinker.

I agree the Knicks should be beating mediocre teams like Indiana.  I’m still pissed about the pistons game

Archived