Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

SMC

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Knicks sort of remind me of the jets with the “addition by subtraction” success. 

Btw, when is the last time the Knicks had a 3 game winning streak at the same time the Rangers had a 4 game winning streak?

If I'm correct, and I like to think that I am, the answer is never. It's never happened. Probably.

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Knicks sort of remind me of the jets with the “addition by subtraction” success. 

Btw, when is the last time the Knicks had a 3 game winning streak at the same time the Rangers had a 4 game winning streak?

The Jets situation would be comparable if Hack was lighting it up.  That's the ultimate downside of this season.  They're lead by a 37 yr old journeyman.  If they were 4-5 with a young QB, the whole outlook would be different.

Crazy about the Rangers, but Hank is still giving up 3 GAA, which is scary.

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Another great win last night but the officiating is still an anti-Knick horror show

Yep Dwight Howard got away with murder on Porzingis.  He literally shoved him to the floor one time but didn't get called for a foul.  Unless I missed some fancy acting by Porzingis, that was absolutely bizarre.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yep Dwight Howard got away with murder on Porzingis.  He literally shoved him to the floor one time but didn't get called for a foul.  Unless I missed some fancy acting by Porzingis, that was absolutely bizarre.

And Frank getting a foul called on him when the hornets player obviously set a moving pick on him.  Just asinine

22 hours ago, SMC said:

The Jets situation would be comparable if Hack was lighting it up.  That's the ultimate downside of this season.  They're lead by a 37 yr old journeyman.  If they were 4-5 with a young QB, the whole outlook would be different.

Crazy about the Rangers, but Hank is still giving up 3 GAA, which is scary.

Knicks have a PF who is already a great player and mvp candidate and a PG who will be top 5 at his position in 2-3 years

Jets have Hackenberg 

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Hoping its just Horny being smart about the back-to-back at the end of a 4 in 6 stretch. He looked fine last night and (hopefully) is just resting.

Horny?  Yeah I have no problem either sitting KP and playing it safe it’s a long season

23 hours ago, SMC said:

KP should be back for next game.

OKC with Melo taking as many shots as Westbrook is 4-7.  Maybe it was all about Melo, on-the-court wise. 

I wasn’t impressed seeing them in our first game if we had any organization on D and Jack running point in that game it would have been much closer

On 11/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, SMC said:

KP should be back for next game.

OKC with Melo taking as many shots as Westbrook is 4-7.  Maybe it was all about Melo, on-the-court wise. 

I don't know. I have watched them a few times, and the numbers back this up; the big 3, and yes, even Melo, are actively working at sharing the ball. But the thing is it really ****s up the flow of the game and their record is a result of blowing leads down the stretch. At least for now, it's more confusion than selfishness. You've got 3 guys who have historically thrived in isolation play off the dribble, and they literally have not been together for so much as two months. I don't know what world we're living in where that situation sorts itself out easily in 12 games.

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't know. I have watched them a few times, and the numbers back this up; the big 3, and yes, even Melo, are actively working at sharing the ball. But the thing is it really ****s up the flow of the game and their record is a result of blowing leads down the stretch. At least for now, it's more confusion than selfishness. You've got 3 guys who have historically thrived in isolation play off the dribble, and they literally have not been together for so much as two months. I don't know what world we're living in where that situation sorts itself out easily in 12 games.

Tonight's blowout of Kings was the 5th straight game with the Knicks, as a team, shooting 50% or better.  Just saying.

The OKC main problem, like you mentioned, is defense down the stretch.  I saw a tweet that in crunch time in the 4th quarter (tight games) they have the worst defensive rating in NBA.

Melo is no longer a No. 1 option and hasn't been so for a few years.  My point about Melo and Knicks is that it's become obvious that he is merely an overpriced role player who masqueraded as a No. 1 option with the Knicks, hence their horrid over the last 4 years.  This year, Knicks have a true blue No. 1 option and are sharing the ball and their offense has been really good thus far.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Tonight's blowout of Kings was the 5th straight game with the Knicks, as a team, shooting 50% or better.  Just saying.

The OKC main problem, like you mentioned, is defense down the stretch.  I saw a tweet that in crunch time in the 4th quarter (tight games) they have the worst defensive rating in NBA.

Melo is no longer a No. 1 option and hasn't been so for a few years.  My point about Melo and Knicks is that it's become obvious that he is merely an overpriced role player who masqueraded as a No. 1 option with the Knicks, hence their horrid over the last 4 years.  This year, Knicks have a true blue No. 1 option and are sharing the ball and their offense has been really good thus far.

Nah brah, volume shooting and stuff.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Lebron reading the ESPN talking points about Dennis Smith but a) 7 other teams passed on him b] Frank Ntilikina has looked good so far and c) You traded Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love

Whenever Lebron goes off script it's easy to see why he's hand handlers since he was 9. 

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

That was brutal. Hardaway and KP were awful. Lebron allowed to effing travel every time down the floor. WHere the hell was Kanter down the stretch?

Well, it's like the OKC coach said last year. Can't play Kanter. Can play Porzingis tho. Because when you have the guy who turns everybody he guards into LeBron actually guarding LeBron, there's gonna be no shortage of dudes lining up to lick the LeBron babies off his face when the inevitable go-ahead three happens.

11 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

At this point, just Kanter for Melo would have been a steal. Good lord it's so much more fun without him here. 

At this point McDermott for Melo would have been a steal. Right now the trade is looking like a lowkey Kyrie deal where we pocket a productive player and a pick on top of getting the better end of a swap. Also Melo is the retard antichrist.

Archived