Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

SMC

Havent had much to post because I've only seen a few games so far this season (though I did go to the Orlando game) but man, how ******* terrible is Carmelo Anthony.  Holy sh*t.  Has there ever been a player that just completely kills everything about playing team basketball like Melo?  And how did OKC think this was going to work?  It is sooooo great not having to see the bum jog around the court giving no ****s.

Anywho, watching a Melo-less Knicks game is fun again. These guys are playing really well together and play with intensity and energy.  The Frenchy is smooth.  He moves very well and defends incredibly well for a rookie.  His offense leaves a ton to be desired but the fact he can distribute and defend right of the rip is good.  The offense will come.  Luckily the Knicks haven't really needed it.

The Unicorn is just fun to watch.  He's got the wow factor/superstar factor to him too.  Love it.

Yes, last night was brutal but lots to be excited about these days.  Love what Kanter had to say last night.  Lets get that Knicks attitude back.  

I don't know that I've ever hated an athlete more than LeBron James. 

Looking forward to the rest of the season! 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

That was brutal. Hardaway and KP were awful. Lebron allowed to effing travel every time down the floor. WHere the hell was Kanter down the stretch?

KP had an off-shooting night, but what are you talking about with Hardaway?  He had a game high 28 points on 50% shooting, with 5 assists and 2 steals and was a +5 in the game.

As for Kanter, the Cavs went small and Hornacek wanted Lance to help guard the wings.  Hornacek did make a mistake on LeBron's free throw at the end in not having Kanter in there to rebound.

Kanter, McDermott and the Bulls 2nd rounder (likely 31-35th pick) for Melo was a steal for the Knicks.  Kanter and McDermott's production out paces Melo at a better efficiency.  What's crazy is that both Kanter and McDermott are better defenders than Melo.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Havent had much to post because I've only seen a few games so far this season (though I did go to the Orlando game) but man, how ******* terrible is Carmelo Anthony.  Holy sh*t.  Has there ever been a player that just completely kills everything about playing team basketball like Melo?  And how did OKC think this was going to work?  It is sooooo great not having to see the bum jog around the court giving no ****s.

14 minutes ago, SMC said:

That was amazing.  He's literally the worst piece of garbage to ever have on the floor, on both sides of the ball.  He literally gives you zero effort unless its in a one on one situation that involves scoring. 

He's literally the worst teammate in the world.  He's the guy at the pick up courts you literally avoid playing with at all costs.  He may fool you once or twice because he fills it up and you win quick but then you figure him out.  You sit out a game and wait for next ups.  You intentionally throw games he's in so you can get off his team, lol.  And then you do everything you can to guard him because he gives no effort so he's an easy guard and you can score at will on the other side. 

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

That was brutal. Hardaway and KP were awful. Lebron allowed to effing travel every time down the floor. WHere the hell was Kanter down the stretch?

Kanter can’t defend in space that’s his problem.  He was the only Knick who could bang with lebron in the paint but that’s basically all he can do on D

1 hour ago, SMC said:

KP had an off-shooting night, but what are you talking about with Hardaway?  He had a game high 28 points on 50% shooting, with 5 assists and 2 steals and was a +5 in the game.

As for Kanter, the Cavs went small and Hornacek wanted Lance to help guard the wings.  Hornacek did make a mistake on LeBron's free throw at the end in not having Kanter in there to rebound.

Tough loss but the Knicks were supposed to be 0-13 by now if you listened to Charles Barkley and Stephen A Smith

19 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

At this point, just Kanter for Melo would have been a steal. Good lord it's so much more fun without him here. 

It's funny watching Knicks fans catch up on how awesome a dude Kantor is. The guy's Turkish and has been calling out Erdogan very publicly for a while. He's a wanted man in Turkey. Turkey! Literally an enemy of the state. Gives zero ****s.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's funny watching Knicks fans catch up on how awesome a dude Kantor is. The guy's Turkish and has been calling out Erdogan very publicly for a while. He's a wanted man in Turkey. Turkey! Literally an enemy of the state. Gives zero ****s.

It comes off funny, but it's so true. Erdrogan literally had Kanter's passport revoked so he could be detained in Germany and sent back to Turkey for trial and Kanter doesn't give a ****.  He's not going to be afraid of LeBron.

30 minutes ago, SMC said:

It comes off funny, but it's so true. Erdrogan literally had Kanter's passport revoked so he could be detained in Germany and sent back to Turkey for trial and Kanter doesn't give a ****.  He's not going to be afraid of LeBron.

They imprisoned his dad, but yeah he’s definitely gonna be tentative about sticking up for a French kid on a basketball court. 

I met with a bunch of those Gulen movement folks in Italy.  They were considered an easy to deal with Islamic group.  They claimed to be very non-violent and their ideals were super moderate.  I was initially surprised when Erdogan tried to pin the whole coup on the guy, but man does Erdogan hate Gulen.  There is a pretty big purge against his supporters.The dude has actually lived in the Poconos since the 90's. 

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I met with a bunch of those Gulen movement folks in Italy.  They were considered an easy to deal with Islamic group.  They claimed to be very non-violent and their ideals were super moderate.  I was initially surprised when Erdogan tried to pin the whole coup on the guy, but man does Erdogan hate Gulen.  There is a pretty big purge against his supporters.The dude has actually lived in the Poconos since the 90's. 

Erdogan hates anyone that doesn’t kiss his balls. At least Mugabe looks like he’s finally getting some justice today. 

- That was scary down the stretch, I don't know what KP and Hardaway were thinking. They could have had that W locked up a minute earlier.

- KP is leading the league in 4th quarter scoring. But yeah, we don't know if he's impacting wins tho.

- I am officially sold on Frank. Plenty to work on with him but holy crap is he light years beyond his age. The fact that he's 3rd in the league in steals with the minutes he is getting is nuts.

- 8-6 and in 5th place. Show me the guy who called that one. Wow.

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

- That was scary down the stretch, I don't know what KP and Hardaway were thinking. They could have had that W locked up a minute earlier.

- KP is leading the league in 4th quarter scoring. But yeah, we don't know if he's impacting wins tho.

- I am officially sold on Frank. Plenty to work on with him but holy crap is he light years beyond his age. The fact that he's 3rd in the league in steals with the minutes he is getting is nuts.

- 8-6 and in 5th place. Show me the guy who called that one. Wow.

Phil vindication.  The Zen is working

For anyone interested in Caponomics and how Knicks can get rid of Noah, below is an interesting article on the Lakers facing the same dilemma with Deng

The short answer is that the Knicks would sign Noah to an extension with only partial guarantees ("no guarantees" would be nixed by the NBA as a circumvention of the CBA) and then use the stretch provision.  Noah's dead-money will stay on the books for an additional 6 years, but only in the $3-4 mil range per year.  After this year Noah will have 2 yrs, about $38 mil left.  Knicks would sign him this offseason to a 3 year extension with only about $3 mil guaranteed and then the whole 5 year contract ($41 mil) gets stretched out for 11 years ($3.7 mil per year).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743657-to-make-room-for-2-stars-lakers-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously

Here's a great video on the non-box score impact McBuckets had last night.  He was directing the defense, diving for loose balls, playing great pick-and-role D:

The Melo trade may go down as one of the best in the last 30 yrs.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

For anyone interested in Caponomics and how Knicks can get rid of Noah, below is an interesting article on the Lakers facing the same dilemma with Deng

The short answer is that the Knicks would sign Noah to an extension with only partial guarantees ("no guarantees" would be nixed by the NBA as a circumvention of the CBA) and then use the stretch provision.  Noah's dead-money will stay on the books for an additional 6 years, but only in the $3-4 mil range per year.  After this year Noah will have 2 yrs, about $38 mil left.  Knicks would sign him this offseason to a 3 year extension with only about $3 mil guaranteed and then the whole 5 year contract ($41 mil) gets stretched out for 11 years ($3.7 mil per year).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743657-to-make-room-for-2-stars-lakers-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously

I realize this sounds practical but as a Mets fan that has to deal with a sh*tstorm of Bobby Bonilla texts every single July you may want to reconsider this, for your own sanity.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

No brainer option if true

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I realize this sounds practical but as a Mets fan that has to deal with a sh*tstorm of Bobby Bonilla texts every single July you may want to reconsider this, for your own sanity.

LOL.  When I was writing that post I originally called it "a mini-Bobby Bonilla situation" but deleted it out of respect for you.

At least it would only be for 11 years and not for 20 plus.  Also, Dolan would have the option of just paying the money upfront and then there'd only be the imaginary cap hit each year.

43 minutes ago, Barton said:

Phil Jackson picked some pretty good players huh. Too bad Dolan the idiot ran him out of town. 

If the site still had a facepalm emoji, this would be a perfect response.

Dolan is an idiot, but Phil gave him a 1000 reasons to fire him and him getting the axe was well deserved.

I was reading articles on Ntilikina-Clyde connection, and I had forgotten how good the Clyde-Willis Reed teams were.

I was too you young for that period, but that run was amazing given how great some of the other teams were such as the Kareem Bucks, the Celtics and Lakers.  The Clyde-Reed Knicks went to SIX straight Eastern Conference Finals, went to 3 NBA Finals and as we all know, won 2 titles.  Incredible run.

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I too am missing the days of Phil. Those years of him ordering everyone to run the triangle and bitching cryptically through the media about all his players, man...memories.

That’s ok all Phil did was build the young team everyone is excited about now

Archived