Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

SMC

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost weekend for Knicks in ATL/HOU, but it doesn't help being without Kanter for both and KP for one.

Still in decent shape.  Knicks are a .500 team thus far and this is how a .500 team plays.  Whether they have a shot at postseason depends on whether they survive the Road Gauntlet in January (10 out of 12 on the road).

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So if Enes is out for an extended period of time the Knicks are screwed. 

Knicks don't have a large margin of ever so whenever they're missing a contributing starter, they'll have a difficult time in winning.  That's what happens when it's a .500 at best team.

That said, Willy needs a defensive boot camp

12 minutes ago, SMC said:

Knicks don't have a large margin of ever so whenever they're missing a contributing starter, they'll have a difficult time in winning.  That's what happens when it's a .500 at best team.

Bring Noah off the bench instead.  At least he tries to play D

3 hours ago, SMC said:

Hardaway and Porzingis chucking without Kanter rebounding will be a loss every night. They've been playing like utter crap the last 3 weeks.

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Bursitis for Porzingis has been flaring up bad the past few days apparently. In his shooting arm too. Oof, I've had that before, that sh*t is terrible. It's like having back spasms but in your ******* elbow.

I would t even attempt to bring KP back til next Monday night.  Sunday night is home versus Magic who are surprisingly not horrible but we should be able to take care of business even without KP like we did tonight

KP's ankle sprain was brutal so I won't post the video.  I do think it looked worse than it did because his sneaker slightly came off.  Knicks dodged a bullet with the ankle not being broken.  Being 22 yrs old helps in the healing process

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

So Kanter is the man

OKC is 8-12 and the Knicks are 11-10.  

Melo has played in 19 of OKC's 20 games and, statistically, is having the worst season of his career.  

Kanter has played in 18 of the 21 games and is having a career year.  KP has played in 19 (but more like 18 and 2 minutes) and is also having a career year

Kanter is a perfect compliment to KP

Kanter is all energy and does dirty work on boards which frees up KP to be KP

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No KP in my life is getting depressing.

True, but he's listed as probable for tomorrow's Memphis game.

Timmy is out 2 weeks with a stress-reaction to his left lower leg.  Knicks have to be careful with that because if they rush him back it could turn to a full break and he's done for season (happened to Jeter in 2012).

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Sit KP if he's hurt. He's been playing like utter dogsh*t for over a month now. 25 shots last night? Absurd. 

I don’t think he’s hurt he rushes his shots sometimes which leads to no arc and he has this mental mistake where players on his blindside can come around and steal on him both are correctable 

I really like running with Frank, Jack and Baker at the same time.  Knicks are so much better at defending in space and penetrating on offense

Kristaps Porzingis is the first Knick with at least 35 points, 10 rebounds and 5 blocks in a game since Patrick Ewing in 1996. Patrick never hit 5 threes in one of those games though. Per @TommyBeer, Porzingis is the first player in NBA history to have that combination w/5 3PM.

When asked about this stat, Kristaps Porzingis said it’s an honor but “that doesn’t help us make the playoffs.”

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Oh yeah Frank > Lonzo

and the immortal  Dennis Smith Jr isn’t even playing

That was the first full game I watched with Ball and I have to say I was damn impressed. The dude hustles his ass off. I think the Kidd comparisons are spot on.

Frank's impact on games, particularly in the second half of games on defense, has been substantial. They are two very different rookies in very different roles, 1/4 into their rookie years. I don't know where to even begin trying to compare them yet.

Archived