How does not starting Petty hurt the Jets?

RESNewYork

10 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

You know what, no one has brought up the idea of how Bowles lied, how Petty never got a fair chance, and how the Jets don't know if Petty is the long term answer at QB. 

Now the Jets FO doesn't know if they should get another QB for 2018? Because Petty could be better than Darnold, or Mayfield, or Allen or whoever we are sucking for at the moment, or a free agent like Garropolo or Cousins. 

But Petty is better than McCown. And Bowles is not starting Petty because Bowles doesn't care about winning. He only cares about starting veterans. That's what is most important to him. 

Man it's cool you disagree but it's been discussed ad nauseam in this thread. Actually it's been discussed ad nauseam in almost every thread on this site.

not for nothing, you are the one who started a thread about a subject that's been beaten to death.. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

forget for a moment all the ways described here why petty should have been the week 1 starter.. bowles flat out lied when he said there was going to be a 3 man competition at QB.. the kid didn't lose his shot.. he never really had one to begin with.. petty never taking a single snap with the 1st team in preseason should tell you all you need to know..

not starting petty hurts the jets because conceivably he could be our long term answer & we probably won't find that out (one way or another) now..

25 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

You know what, no one has brought up the idea of how Bowles lied, how Petty never got a fair chance, and how the Jets don't know if Petty is the long term answer at QB. 

Now the Jets FO doesn't know if they should get another QB for 2018? Because Petty could be better than Darnold, or Mayfield, or Allen or whoever we are sucking for at the moment, or a free agent like Garropolo or Cousins. 

But Petty is better than McCown. And Bowles is not starting Petty because Bowles doesn't care about winning. He only cares about starting veterans. That's what is most important to him. 

Man it's cool you disagree but it's been discussed ad nauseam in this thread. Actually it's been discussed ad nauseam in almost every thread on this site.

you're right, I made this thread a week ago because i kept seeing fans state what you stated this morning. just felt like there was different POV 

3 minutes ago, August said:

This is the Jets problem since this regime has been in place. 2 years ago and last year they stuck with the veteran quarterback too long. This year it's the same mistake again. 

You are right, but I can give Bowles a pass so far this year. Look at the AFC. There is a legitimate shot for a 8_-8 or 7-9 team getting in. I do think, though, that loss #7, assuming it's right around the corner, brings the QB change.

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

You are right, but I can give Bowles a pass so far this year. Look at the AFC. There is a legitimate shot for a 8_-8 or 7-9 team getting in. I do think, though, that loss #7, assuming it's right around the corner, brings the QB change.

We're not making the playoffs imo. And based on the production we've been getting from McCown I don't think Petty would've been any worse. But I get it. 

20 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

you're right, I made this thread a week ago because i kept seeing fans state what you stated this morning. just felt like there was different POV 

bowles lied when he said there would an open competition at QB.. there was not.. because of this lie, maccagnan (who bowles does not answer to) had to sit on his hands & hope one of his kids would get a fair shake.. because that's how GMs keep their jobs.. drafting QBs that end up being 10+ year starters..  

ironically, the kid that clearly still isn't ready got a real enough shot.. the one that is ready, didn't.. go figure.....

a lie is, is a lie, POV notwithstanding..

7 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

bowles lied when he said there would an open competition at QB.. there was not.. because of this lie, maccagnan (who bowles does not answer to) had to sit on his hands & hope one of his kids would get a fair shake.. because that's how GMs keep their jobs.. drafting QBs that end up being 10+ year starters..  

ironically, the kid that clearly still isn't ready got a real enough shot.. the one that is ready, didn't.. go figure.....

a lie is, is a lie, POV notwithstanding..

I think GMs keep their jobs by winning.  I believe Ryan Grigson drafted Andrew Luck for the Colts. Their current GM is Ballard. 

We keep can keep going in circles. You believe Mac is sitting on his hands, hoping Petty or Hack plays. I don't know. Just try and understand what I originally posted about my opinion as to why Petty is not starting and why it doesn't change anything about the future.

As far as a lie is, is a lie, I have no idea.  If you believe Bowles is starting McCown instead of Petty because of whatever, that's fine. I just feel differently

4 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

I think GMs keep their jobs by winning.  I believe Ryan Grigson drafted Andrew Luck for the Colts. Their current GM is Ballard. 

We keep can keep going in circles. You believe Mac is sitting on his hands, hoping Petty or Hack plays. I don't know. Just try and understand what I originally posted about my opinion as to why Petty is not starting and why it doesn't change anything about the future.

As far as a lie is, is a lie, I have no idea.  If you believe Bowles is starting McCown instead of Petty because of whatever, that's fine. I just feel differently

yeah, i can see that.. 

question?? do you believe your different (8 page & probably counting) POV thread on a beaten to death subject has changed any minds?? 

20 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

yeah, i can see that.. 

question?? do you believe your different (8 page & probably counting) POV thread on a beaten to death subject has changed any minds?? 

no idea.

i see more posts that share my opinion but maybe they always had that opinion.